Old December 24, 1999, 18:31   #31
Genghis Al
Warlord

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: October 30, 2010
On the pollution thing, thats not such a big wow. I have had cities with like 40 pollution that waited like 5 turns to pollute a squar.

On the alpine troop thing, the AI can rush build as well I believe.

My 2 cents

------------------
Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
Old December 27, 1999, 00:19   #32
poppawoppa
Warlord

Local Time: 15:26
Well, I finished rush building a howitzer in all my 21 cities in 2010 and used my spy to get those howies into the French territory in the year 2011. Took French Capital of Paris, and the civ split into French/Carthaganians. Took the next French capital and the AI split again into French/Aztecs. This continued even when the French didn't have enough money to build a Palace. There were further splits into Sioux, Japanese and Romans before the last French city was captured. The Romans and Japanese didn't have any actual city, just some units, and I got a notice that they had both been destroyed by "Barbarians". I was ablt to finish off the Aztecs, Carths and Sioux in 2012, 2015 and 2015, with my 100+ howitzers and spys to see into their cities.
I was a distant 3rd until I got rid of the Babylonians, and stayed 2nd until I got the French on the run. The 4th split of the French finally gave me the message I wanted, The French Spaceship Has Been Recalled!!!
My final score was like 1600 with a 199% rating...my second best effort ever. Thanks for letting me tell my story. Happy Christmas to all and a Great New Year.
Old December 27, 1999, 18:01   #33
Aurelius
Prince

I wonder if the computer AI's ever do a study on the Human cheats. Like when the dialog boxes warn the human of the impending completion of the Hoover Dam....and we humans rush buy the thing--the AI never had a chance!

(BTW, I did the same thing Toofergo. That is, monitor my pet city. In this game it actually didn't cheat. The production was like clockwork. It was at diety and the production rate was adjusted in accordance. I'll have to do another test though. Later.)

Aurelius.
Old December 28, 1999, 01:48   #34
toofergo
Settler

In a recent King level game, I took the AI down to a single city just before launching
a full-sized ship in 1902. I then stationed
a spy, a vet. mech inf, a stealth fighter,
and a howie on a mountain next to the city
and watched.

The city was size 3, no improvements, producing 4 shields, 2 trade, and 1 gold. When first discovered, it held a single musketeer and was building a rifleman. I let it build the rifleman and the city then
contained a rifleman and an alpine unit. The AI then proceeded to build Alpine units at the rate of 15 shields per turn.

During this amazing output of productivity, the AI never disbanded any units and apparently never spent any cash.