Old December 27, 1999, 22:01   #1
HornStar32
Settler

Local Time: 23:27
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Whats your style?
Hiho. Newbe to Civ here. Through my lovely travels through the world of Civ II I have come across many different situations (as expected). What do you feel is more important, build up your civilization with size 8+ cities and boom in sciences and then attack another civilization or attack while you are still growing?

------------------
Lex
*~*Horn Star32*~*

Old December 27, 1999, 23:47   #2
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:27
War is great
War is Grand
I will take a sword
Over a pen in hand.

Seriously though..... war is a must if sharing land because eventually someone will be on your real estate..... so if you can find a path to early easy victory then always take it .... if not TRADE TRADE TRADE and EXPAND EXPAND EXPAND

------------------
War is the answer when you need to strike first.

War is the answer when you think you should strike first

war is the answer when you think others may strike first.

Old December 28, 1999, 00:05   #3
Aurelius
Prince

Hornstar,

Well have to get war4ever some bob dylan. Though I must confess, there is never a game without war.

I like the stategy of fighting a defensive war while I build a strong and tight infrastructure. I don't like sharing my lands with other civs, allied or hostile. I like about 8-12 cities. I grow them as big as possible and build fortresses in strategic locations. Mountain fortresses or hill fortresses are great. Then I plop a couple good defensive units in the fortresses and monitor the situation with a diplomat or spy with lots of bribe money incase the situation gets out of hand (like a howitzer shows up.) In the meantime, my cities build libraries and any or all improvements (wonders are paramount.) Come Robotics, I become an unholy terror. The mixture of howitzer and engineers and spies is just unbeatable with a railroad.

The 8 - 12 cities are my industrial wartime machine. I like to crank out units in at most two turns and I love them to be veteran troops after mobile warfare.

Yeah, right about Mobile warfare, I got to turn Peter, Paul, and Mary off and rev up some discordant music.

Good luck find your strategy.

Aurelius.
Old December 28, 1999, 00:38   #4
Genghis Al
Warlord

I play possum. I just act real nice give the AI what they wan't build up. Then I send my spies into the thier cities, destroy the temple and buy buy buy. Then just howei the capital.

------------------
Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
Old December 28, 1999, 01:06   #5
SandMonkey
Prince

Local Time: 17:27
Well, look who's posting on here... HornStar32... hahaha! I got a real kick out of seeing you actually posting....

Anyways, even though you know my syle... nice, sweet, always willing to find an empty room... oh no no wrong style... okay, a varient of ICS.

My varient is this: Expand quickly, letting all my support cities build settlers, and building a Super Science City. I believe this is the norm among most ICS players. But, after I build Mike's Chapel and Bach's Cathedral, i build Adam Simth's Trading Company. This is the point where i quit with the settlers. I build temples and libraries, and let all my support cities grow up to size 8 (or as high as food will allow). I know most ICS'ers won't let their cities grow up, but i think i benefit better from this.

See ya later today sexy gal....

HaHaHa! now everyone on Apolyton knows.....
Old December 28, 1999, 11:30   #6
Bohlen
Prince

Local Time: 18:27
I generally shoot for AC in a peaceful manner, sometimes too peaceful and this style ends up biting me in the rear when Space Flight rolls around. I always try to prepare for the AI before it attempts to steal all my tech from me by fortifying certain positions around my civ so that the AI can't get close to stealing. I always know what's going to happen when Space Flight rolls around, but can't always stop it. I'd rather wait out the last few turns in peace and see if the AI can beat me to AC than go to war and ruin years of peaceful patience.

But, all that is dependent on me having a SCC. If for some reason I can't get Colossus, CO, & Isaac's in one city then I turn into a huge warmonger. I exhibit a totally different style when I'm upset at myself or the AI for not getting a SCC.