Old December 24, 2000, 00:12   #1
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
why activision should refund money!
A few days ago I read on this site that Activision was going to publish "how-to" guides on how to modify CTP2. Fine I thought at the time. But the more I sifted this idea through my mind the more angry I became. It seems to me (IMHO) that rather than fixing the AI and Diplomacy themselves Activision is offloading this responsibility to the purchasers. This is unforgivable. Don't get me wrong, I know that many players like to tweak the game themselves and that's great..BUT...I really get the feeling that there is another motive behind this action. If Activision is going to expect this effort from the purchaser this buyer/newly dubbed Activision CTP2 team programmer should receive and expect some renumeration for their work! Agreed?
I also believe that all users of the game should receive a refund for buying an obviously rushed, unfinished product.
That said, do I really believe this will happen. Sure, just like I believe George W. Bush won the election. Wink, wink. But in a perfect world where everyone was fed and CIV3 was out this would not be only a dream....

PS: Perhaps my recent negative views about CTP2 are due to the fact that it is very close to being a great game!!! And its frustrating to see such potential wasted......