Old December 31, 1999, 20:38   #1
Aurelius
Prince

Local Time: 23:27
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Guerilla Warfare
Just a civ tale and Nothin' to do with partisans:

But I once had a mean-assed Mongol civ to the Far East of Cardiff on a separate and lenghty continent. The Mongols hated us Celts and were equipt with much armor and howitzers. Was gonna be a messy affair, but I had a great mountain fortress at a bottle neck near the front --call it 'little himalaya'. Still, not enough forces to engage in a full scale war against a near supreme power.

My reputation was not great either--poor or despicable. So I decided to do a guerilla warfare tactic with a bit of scorched earth policy. I would send my small band of vet howitzers along the highly developed mongol railroad system (every square) and use the howies once and then capture the city. Then sell off an improvement, city walls or coastal fortress. They had UN and I was continuously forced into peace. But I knew they wouldn't keep their word as I was despicable, maybe even atrocious!

So with a single unit, I'd garrison the Mongol town --say with an outdated musketeer. And then I renamed the acquired town, Cork. But before I hit new turn, I used the second movement factor of my howitzers to retreated to the fortressed 'little Himalaya'. Oh, and I pillaged some redundant railroads that might lead to the great railroad bypassing 'little himalaya'--important detail. Then I hit End Turn.

Then the Mongols would take the Cork back after a sneak attack. I'd lose one unit and no science as I was a bit behind.

On my next turn, I'd sent a spy into mongol lands and took a vet tank in and selectively eliminated stray enemy howies and then took Cork back and retreated peacefully. This guerilla warfare was repeated until we reached science parity and it keep the powerful enemy busy while the transports shuttled new howies from the Celtic infrastructure to the stretched out continent to move along it's great railroad. It was a large map game and destined for nuclear war and fast spaceships.

I'm proud to say that eventually, Cork was a small and quaint coastal town and us Celts finally had the howiepowie to eliminate the mongols all together, but that left the SS crankin' Japanese to deal with....dat's another day.

War in Civ,
and Peace on Earth to you all,

Aurelius--The down right Bad --if not verbose!
Old December 31, 1999, 21:36   #2
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:27
Local Date: October 30, 2010
despicable or attrocious eh Aurelius.... hehe a man after my own heart.... my rep always tends to suffer which is why i dont' bother with alliances..... i just go to war with any one BTW my icq is 30200920 if you should desire to take on MY MONGOL HORDES and not some pathetic imitation AI

------------------
They call me Mr. Fierce