Old December 28, 2000, 22:46   #1
Phalanx
Settler

Local Time: 09:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
On cavalry and ironclads (congrats to ACTIVISION)
I only bought CTP2 afew days back (in the after christmas sales) but I am an avid CIV fan right from Sid Myers CIV. I just wanted to post a very big congrats to activision on one particular aspect of CTP2.

Was it just me or in previous CIV games was there absolutely *no* point in building the intermediate technology units. I always found myself in the situation where I had the technology to build units like cavalry and ironclads but I never did because I knew that tanks and battleships were just around the corner. In Civ2 and CTP I my cities would get fortified with a couple of Phalanxs at the beginning of the game and my units would never be upgraded until machine gunners were available. I always felt like I was missing a huge part of the game as the ancient age screeched by at 50 years per turn.

Anyway, Ive only played a couple of games but Im *extremely* happy to find a game that I finally not only can afford to but need to update my units to those intermediate and previously unused units. I love ironclads and I love having the early-mid game slowed down enough to use them.
Old December 28, 2000, 23:10   #2
Louis Cyr
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Your right, this game would be so wonderful
with a better AI