Old December 29, 2000, 04:14   #1
GreatDaleness
Settler

Local Time: 09:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI issues
As anyone who has the GlobeSat wonder can attest, the AI is plain dumb when it comes to war. The Irish and English were supposedly at war with each other. Yet I spent 10 minutes staring at tanks, planes, etc moving from one city to the next. I mean, 40-50 planes moving about in groups of....one. Never did any of these units get USED, mind you! The extent of their interactions was simply pirating trade, and destroying nets.
Another Issue I have is the Space Plane. Maybe it was just a one game thing, but I could NOT disband a Space Plane, let it run out of fuel, or get shot down. CTP II would crash everytime.
Third thing, the computer AI ALWAYS knows where my "stealth" units are.
Forth thing: pollution. I found it IMPOSSIBLE to build ANY mines. In fact, as an ecotopia in Medium, Washinton had no mines, no mill, factory, or anything of that nature, and still produced nearly 300 pollution! THis greatly limited my gameplay. WHy incorporate Robotics, nanites, nuclear, oil refinery, etc if the production is too much to handle?
Forth thing part B: Polltion treaties are obeyed less often than border treaties. You say "lower your pollution to 1000". They agree. 10 turns later, their pollution has gone from 3300 to 3800. You insist, insist and insist. They agree and agree and agree.
Old December 29, 2000, 09:44   #2
Bluevoss
Prince

Heh - sounds like the US in those recent talks on polution. So maybe its more accurate than you think.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old December 29, 2000, 12:52   #3
Alpha Wolf
Chieftain

For production buildings, I removed all prereqs but factory. I figured if I had nuclear, why should I be forced to produce pollution producing oil refineries.

Plus I had a size 24 city, with 2 simple mines, and was producing 424 pollution. I think pollution is too tied in with population.
------------------
History is written by the victor.
[This message has been edited by Alpha Wolf (edited December 29, 2000).]