Old December 30, 2000, 04:07   #1
Spiker22
Settler

Local Time: 09:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why can't I warn or request...
an enemy empire to stop stealth attacks against me after I've discovered that one of its spys has tried to steal techs from one of my cities? When creating a proposal, there's no options in the request lists to ask a rival state to stop spying or advertising, etc... Anyhow, I think this is something Activion should've included in the diplomacy model of CTP2. Just think about it, in real life, what would the United States do if they caught a Chinese spy trying to steal informaiton about their advanced nuclear multi-warhead technology?
Old December 30, 2000, 05:40   #2
Michiel B de Boer
Chieftain

If you catch an enemy spy, it's destroyed.
You can place spies in your cities to enlarge this chance (counterespionage) (c.q. build The Agency).
Old December 31, 2000, 19:00   #3
Cyrius
Chieftain

In real life, they would grab some innocent immigrant worker, blame him for all the mistakes made by the security people at the installation, and argue about whos fault it really was for years, without saying a damn thing to the chinese because they want chinese buisness, and are afraid of their nukes.

Ahem, anyways, this is something which should have been included, also, asking civs to stop warring on other civs should be an option too. These options were present in CIV2 and other civ-like games, and should not be carelessly discarded.

Actually, it is kind of silly to ask other nations to stop spying. They new un-conventional model in CTP2 gives nations a serious drop in regard for spying/ect. on them which effectivly restrics un-conventional tactics to nations you are already at war with or have a cease fire with. If you are on the reciving end of this kind of situation, well, you just gota be more aggresive with them. (Yes, I know only being able to use non-combat units during war really defeats the purpose of non-combat units!)