Old January 7, 2001, 20:54   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Barbarian attack on Activision
Someone mentioned that Activision hosts its own forum. Is this true? Does anyone have its address?

If it is so, I suggest that we all mount our short shaggy ponys, grip our horsebows tightly, and descend into the green valleys of Activisions base. Since they will not come out here and comment on our claims of crummy AI (and other bugs) maybe we need to make this sort of noise right where they can see it.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old January 7, 2001, 21:43   #2
Savant
Warlord

Local Time: 04:16
Um... not a good idea. I may have been one of several to voice disappointment with the AI but I think ATVI has it together enough to come visit (and monitor) forums like these on their own.

I doubt very much that the informative and useful posts here go unnoticed by ATVI. If any approach to ATVI would be useful and likely invite a response, it would be a "solicitous" one. That is, several folks like Alisia and others who know about programming may write a fan letter extolling the virtues of CTP2 and offer to make it even better by improving the AI for "hardcore game fanatics"..

In this world, people respond better to praise and offers of assistance than to assault. I share your desire to improve the game, and I think the way that is most fruitful is to work with ATVI to enhance each others' interests.

------------------
'Blood will run'
Old January 7, 2001, 23:06   #3
phoenixcager

quote:

Originally posted by Bluevoss on 01-07-2001 07:54 PM
Someone mentioned that Activision hosts its own forum. Is this true? Does anyone have its address?

I don't think that they have one.
That's why Activision people visit these forums so often.
Also they are using Apolyton's Ctp2 pages as an extension of their own (e.g. the patch is available here, not on the Activision site)

------------------
phoenixcager
------------------
of the the Civilization Gaming Network. Visit the CGN Forums

Old January 8, 2001, 01:52   #4
MrLeN
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:16
I am 1001% sure that Activision pays alot of attention to what is said here at Apolyton. I am even more sure that Activision has made alot of effort to adhere to the wishes of the consumer. I am also sure that Activision is working on the AI debate, if not in CTPII then most definately the second time around. Anyone want to bet me $100 bucks that Activision wont realease another shabby AI? Well, it aint shabby, it is actually the most advanced AI out of 'all' previous civs. It is just awkwardly configured but can be fixed. I believe it will be.

------------------
It's better to close your mouth and let everyone 'think' you're stupid, than open it and let everyone 'know' you are.
Old January 8, 2001, 04:55   #5
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by phoenixcager on 01-07-2001 10:06 PM
Also they are using Apolyton's Ctp2 pages as an extension of their own (e.g. the patch is available here, not on the Activision site)
the patch is availiable on the central activision site, directly from the downloads menu. it's becoming a "tradition" though to not quickly update the ctp1/2 site...