Old January 5, 2001, 21:57   #1
foodguy
Settler

Local Time: 09:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Must-Have Wonders
I find the role of the Wonders in CTPII to be one of the more interesting changes from CIVII. There they wer e so important they almost became games within games, i.e., you HAD to get Leonardo's Workshop, or, depending on your strategy, the Great Wall. In CTPII, their improvements are more minimal. So which are the ones you aim for?
Old January 6, 2001, 07:37   #2
Alisia
Chieftain

Hmmm... The Ramayana and Aristotles
Old January 6, 2001, 09:19   #3
Solstis
Settler

Remember that wonders add to your score, and are rather cool, so build as many as possible.
To start with i only build happiness and science wonders, all the science wonders in my main capital or trade/science city to get maximum science. Generaly my science output in my capital is boosted five or six times more in than in the next largest sci producer.
This means that i am always in front in science, and can start on new wonder 10 or 20 turns earlier than my rivals as they dont have the tech yet.

Oh by the way what exactlly does Galileo's telescope do? It is descibed differently in the great libary than on the poster thing.
Old January 6, 2001, 12:34   #4
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:17
I usually do not care anything for the scoring. For me, after I modified the Great Wall to give 75% decrease in military readiness cost, it became a must-have.

I never bother building Galileo's Telescope nor do I bother building Hagia Sophia.
Old January 6, 2001, 18:11   #5
Basileus of the Romans
Settler

Double post.
[This message has been edited by Basileus of the Romans (edited January 06, 2001).]
Old January 6, 2001, 18:12   #6
Basileus of the Romans
Settler

I try to build the wonders that improve science (Aristotle, Gallileo, etc). I miss Leonardo's Workshop from Civ II. That was the coolest wonder. It should have made it to CTP II.

As for not building Hagia Sophia, how dare you!

------------------
"The Tyrant dies and his rule ends. The Martyr dies and his rule begins."
-Soren Kierkegaard
Old January 7, 2001, 14:51   #7
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:17
Well, Basileus, it goes like this - until I modify Happiness so that Shrines are actually important, Hagia Sophia is uselss.

I am busy with other parts of my mod project right now, and Happiness is further down the "to do" list for this project.
Old January 8, 2001, 15:14   #8
Ted Wright
Settler

three full games completed and I am fond of the zero crime bill. I have not found the emance proc to be useful in gameplay. anyone out there have ideas about when/where emance proc most useful?
quote:

Originally posted by foodguy on 01-05-2001 08:57 PM
I find the role of the Wonders in CTPII to be one of the more interesting changes from CIVII. There they wer e so important they almost became games within games, i.e., you HAD to get Leonardo's Workshop, or, depending on your strategy, the Great Wall. In CTPII, their improvements are more minimal. So which are the ones you aim for?

Old January 8, 2001, 16:46   #9
wizard1073
Settler

Would it be a good idea for the effects of wonders to propagate through your alliances?

The impact of an alliance with a civ with a significant wonder makes the concept of an alliance incredibly valuable. It would have a tremendous effect on the importance of diplomacy, balancing it more equally against the idea of gaining benefits by conquest.