Old January 9, 2001, 14:00   #1
fatboy76
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks dude. Now how about that otherstuff?
Old January 9, 2001, 17:41   #2
fatboy76
Chieftain

Can someone tell my why there is a spot in the score tally for cities that are over 100. I can only get a city to up to 60 with all the improvements.
Old January 10, 2001, 01:05   #3
fatboy76
Chieftain

How many oblisks does a guy need!?!?
Ive looked down a bit and havent seen any posts talking about a scientific victory. And since the readme, manual, and great library all suck as far as documentation goes maybe someone here can help me. Can you just give me a semi detailed description on what you have to do. I was playing the game and time was running short so I had to rush and buy all the things that I needed. Once I built all the required improvements and oblisks nothing happened. So what do I have to do the win the Sci-Fi victory. Do I have to cover the whole world with oblisks. Do I have to flip a coin. Do I have to whip my butt with that section of the manual. Why does the official site say that colonizing the sea is pivotal to winning the science victory. I did that and also built an oblisk there but alas I still didnt win. I aslo for some reason was never able to build a fusion plant in any of my cities and they had both a nuclear plant and an oil refinery. What do I do?

Also I saw that there was a place in the score for cities over size 100! I cant get them over 60 with all improvements but the security thingy. Whats up with that?

And why do I have war discontent when Im not at war? Ugg
[This message has been edited by fatboy76 (edited January 09, 2001).]
Old January 10, 2001, 01:52   #4
Mikel
Warlord

Local Time: 10:17
This is from the Patch 1.1 Readme (where they admitted that they forgot to tell us how to win the science victory).

How to Win Through Science
Only a truly advanced and careful leader can master the Science Victory. To succeed you must:
1) Research 'Gaia Controller'
2) Complete the Wonder 'The Solaris Project'
3) Build at least 10 Computer Cores and 10 Gaia Satellites
4) Cover 60% of the map with Obelisks
** This includes ocean area too. You may only build on territory controlled by you or an ally.
** Building more Gaia Satellites than the minimum will increase the area of effect of each Obelisk. Max Satellites = 20.
5) Initiate the Gaia Controller
6) Hold your cities and Obelisks for 10 turns