Old January 6, 2001, 18:12   #31
MrLeN
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I played my first game on medium to get the feel for it. I turned it off at around 500AD having felt that I knew what was going on. I am currently playing a net game with a personal friend of mine and a very good civ player. I have always played the hardest level and always will because I know that when I have won, I have "won" ) I am playing a single player game on the hardest level as well. Also I have full barbarians because they give me a reason to build some defences early in the game, otherwise 1 warrior would do the trick and that sux bigtime.

------------------
It's better to close your mouth and let everyone 'think' you're stupid, than open it and let everyone 'know' you are.
Old January 6, 2001, 18:15   #32
MrLeN
Chieftain

I played my first game on medium to get the feel for it. I turned it off at around 500AD having felt that I knew what was going on. I am currently playing a net game with a personal friend of mine and a very good civ player. I have always played the hardest level and always will because I know that when I have won, I have "won" ) I am playing a single player game on the hardest level as well. Also I have full barbarians because they give me a reason to build some defences early in the game, otherwise 1 warrior would do the trick and that sux bigtime.

------------------
It's better to close your mouth and let everyone 'think' you're stupid, than open it and let everyone 'know' you are.
Old January 12, 2001, 23:56   #33
Quivering
Settler

Just bought the game. Went home, played on hard. Built Hoplites and Archers and took a neighbouring civ. Noticed how much cheaper it is to take a computers city than making my onw so I started making Samurais, Slavers and Mounted Archers for fast whopping. Finally, my continent was empty and I discovered the ranking/score window. I see the secondbest is around 20% of my height so I quit.
Gonna play on a harder level now, dunno yet. I hate when the comp gets to cheat and i still beat them. Always thought the comp should be on equal terms but still be challenging
Old January 14, 2001, 23:41   #34
Narmer
Settler

Always play on impossible. That way you don't get used to playing against incompetent opponents, and you will fare better when you make the transition to multiplayer
Old January 15, 2001, 06:34   #35
micrif
Settler

The first two games I played were kinda boring, so all games after that I did on impossible. Still not that hard to beat the AI. The only chalange is multiplayer.