Old January 14, 2001, 22:01   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Activision - what great user feedback.
You gotta love a company that dumps a botch job like this on the market, and then, when you report bugs, they point you in the direction of an independent web site (this one).

Activision owes as a statement, telling us if there are going to be any more fixes, or if this is it. Since I haven't heard anything from them, and their support is mum about it, its DOA. If you like playing a game with no city morale, no AI, and numerous bugs, go ahead. I'll keep watching the base for the activision cavalry, but frankly, Ive gone back to real civ games. How nice when cities riot from time to time. Its like there are little people in them.

Thanks for nothing, Activision.

And now I know what the Germans felt like in Stalingrad.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old January 14, 2001, 22:50   #2
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 03:18
I sent an email today to Mr Ogre politely asking for some feedback on the AI. Hopefully, he or someone from the devellopment team will be kind enough to answer my email.

------------------
No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
Old January 14, 2001, 23:49   #3
phoenixcager

I guess they think that it's better to air any grievances here, since some of their employees post on this forum. And that way everyone can read their reply.

------------------
phoenixcager
------------------
of the the Civilization Gaming Network. Visit the CGN Forums

Old January 15, 2001, 01:58   #4
Chronus
Prince

Bluevoss, you are cracking me up! After reading your posts the last few days I STILL can't tell if you love this game or hate it (your emotions are that extreme)!

All kidding aside ... I think I can sympathize with ya even though I haven't bought the game. I suspect you want to love this game and are searching for reasons to do so ... just like me and many others. Then again, I could be totally wrong. Either way, take heart ... Civ III may get here before we know it. :-)
Old January 15, 2001, 09:45   #5
Bluevoss
Prince

I'm actually like a computer program that gets stuck in an infinate loop. I play Civ2:TOT and realize how much I hate moving settlers all over the place. I think of CTP2 with the PW and the trade (you gotta admit, its great to tie trade into whats actually ON THE MAP!). The units, the interface, all that great stuff. So I start a game of CTP2 and watch my cities grow with absolutly no input on my part. Then I get ripped of in diplomacy, and then I see enemy units walking around like shoppers in a mall, and I get pisssed that they could take such a great attempt at a civ game and screw it up so bad. So I limp back to TOT and the cycle starts anew.

I want to love CTP2. Its like going on a date with a beutiful woman, only to find out that she has a horsey laugh or some other cringefest defect.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old January 15, 2001, 12:36   #6
wittlich

I myself have basically given up on any further paches or "fixes" from Activison concerning CTP2 - Of course, I still continue to visit the site in the futile hope of Activision actually informing us that they are working on the next patch

Concerning CIV3, I have very high hopes for the game and am waiting with baited breath for the release date

I believe we will recieve a more responsive attitude from Firaxis / Hasbro then we've received so far from Activision!

Ciao

Old January 15, 2001, 22:44   #7
Mike the Nuke
Chieftain

I don't own the game. They(Activision) failed to include an option that was important to me (and others), Hot Seat. Though I never utilized the PBEM option in the earlier game, it also appears to be very important to many. I've followd this site (almost religiously) ever since the rumors started on a CTP2. I, like most others hoped for an improved game, with all the options of CTP1 and then some. Many (not myself as I got actively involved on this site a little late in the game) posted all their suggestions, desires, wants and needs. It appears Activision made little attempts at all of these posted items and (except for a Mr. Ogre, once in the last month or so) do not even follow this site with any interest. After all, you all payed your $50. If you don't like the game....tough. They are not the only game company like this, I'm currently dealing with another that produces a racing game that has done the same. I was starting to get my hopes up reading the mesages on this site and Mr Ogre's one message, but now it looks like it is 'DOA'. If Activision is reading messages on this site, they should get 'off the stick' and respond with info on what, if anything, are they doing. If they choose not to, then what is stated in the messages preceeding mine is probably true.

Fix the "CRAP" and give us (the consumers and potential consumers) something we want. You had had something (though not perfect) workable in the CTP1. You should have improved it instead of totally trying to revamp it into a whole new game with more umproven items, problems and bugs.

By reading all the site messages, it appears this news game needs a patch to fix it's patch. It probably needs a turniquet to stop the 'bleeding'. Better yet...just 'shoot it and put it out of it's misery'.

The 'good news' for me is that I waited to see how and what everyone else thought of the game. Hey...I saved $50 + tax.

Old January 16, 2001, 02:10   #8
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 02:18
quote:

Originally posted by Mike the Nuke on 01-15-2001 09:44 PM
The 'good news' for me is that I waited to see how and what everyone else thought of the game. Hey...I saved $50 + tax.

Curse you!! I was one of the fools who shelled out for this pile of tripe. What's more is I paid $70 smackers for it!!!
I've only played the game 6 times and now it just sits in the game box which itself acts as an expensive coaster!!!

What a fool I've been.....Ho hum. Thank god it's only money. I'm putting my first born up when CIV3 come out!!