Old November 27, 2000, 10:02   #31
MarkG

one of these days....

Old November 30, 2000, 11:07   #32
jdjackson99
Settler

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I just got CTP 2 yesterday and only played it for a few hours, and I thought that it was pretty good. Ive never played CTP 1 so I cant say if 2 is better than 1, but in some ways I think CTP 2 is better than Civilization 2 gold edition. I like the graphics in CTP 2 the map seems to be more detailed than in Civ 2, but by no means more detailed than in Alpha Centauri (which I have played by the way, but didnt exactly like it very much) which had excellent map graphics and map events. I like the idea of the public works, it makes for an easier game it seems, though, I will admit it took me awhile to discover how to upgrade tiles ( I never read the manual or played to tutorial, I urge everyone to READ THE MANUAL!!!). On the downside, I think the Diplomacy is just a bit lacking and not as intuitive as it could be, but I like the idea, I think that its done a lot better than in Civ 2.
Overall I think CTP2 is a good game, and in some ways better than Alpha Centauri, with AC having a long learning curve and I never did get all of it figured out especially the prototype idea. But we'll all just have to wait and see what Civ 3 is like to decide if CTP 2 was revolutionary in any way. and Ill say right now, that Ill still buy Civ 3 no matter what.
So if you're looking for a quick fix in the turn based strategy genre but CTP2. Are there any mod sites in the works yet for CTP2 where I can download new scenarios? Anyone know of any? Let me know. thanks.
Old December 8, 2000, 00:46   #33
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yeah! I have to wait 27 hours to get the game.This'll probably be my last post until s**t ages next wednesday night or so until i have time again.I usually come on at night and 2moro I'll be asleep so i can get up early to get the game then sat. duh! I'll have the game sunday sleep (school on mon. and so on until wed.(teachers are suposed to be striking again then yeah! its only my leaving cert )

first post here in 6 days getting dusty.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 16, 2001, 05:49   #34
MarkG

2 months passed!

CTP2: Did it match your expectations?
OptionVotes / Percentage
Exceeded all expectations 13 / 5%
Better than I expected 93 / 39%
About what I expected 57 / 24%
It's not that cool after all 30 / 12%
Not really worth the money 31 / 13%