Old January 18, 2001, 21:38   #1
geofelt
Prince

Local Time: 04:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
need help with unit selection and movement
I am an accomplished civ2 player trying a new game. It is not clear to me how to cycle through units with movement capability left before ending the turn. Also how do you cycle through cities that might have nothing abuilding in the queue. How do you know it is time to end the turn?
Old January 18, 2001, 22:02   #2
hroman21
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:19
There is this cute little arrow next to the unit window that if you keep clicking it after moving a unit(s), it will cycle through the units that still have not moved. Once all units have completed their turn, the 'next turn' button will flash and make an audible noise.

In regards to the cities, I've noticed that if there is a city that has an empty production que, the program will let me know before moving on to the next turn. However - I'm not clear how the program lets me know when more than one city's que is empty before the next turn.

Regards,
hroman21

------------------
"Laughter is the most powerful weapon ever created. Against laughter, nothing stands!"
Old January 22, 2001, 09:11   #3
a_bates
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:19
You can check the nation manager. Any city with EMPTY written in the build list has an empty build queue.

However there is an easier way. Once you have updated the build list for the first city select the unit tab again, do whatever you wish with these units to complete their turn (normally just a question of refortifying by pressing F). Once you have done this you will be taken to the next city with an empty build queue if there is one.

Keep repeating this process until no other cities are selected for uou and then you know all cities have something in their build queue.
Old January 22, 2001, 20:09   #4
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 04:19
The "o" (other?) key is almost equivalent to the Civ family's "w" (for wait). It will cycle through units still elegible to move.

However, and this seems like a very minor bug, it sometimes gets caught in a loop of several elegible units--you can't move on to others until one or more of those units are ordered to do something.