Old January 22, 2001, 18:57   #1
CC_Fully_Completely
Settler

Local Time: 09:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Space planes and sub-orbital launches (having a problem)
ellooooooooooooooooooooooooo

um

k, Im in a game right now, I took 3 space planes and loaded them up with 12 units (5,5,and 2 in each plane), took each of them (the planes) to a city, and did a sub-orbital launch for all three. Now, at least 15 turns later, only one of them has landed in the city I told it too. I launched them all on the same turn, from the same city, yet only 1 has landed (the one carrying only 2 units). In the unit manager screen it says 2 of them are still in space, so that proves that I haven't put them in on the field somewhere and had them killed or forgotten about or something.

In the great library, it says something about it only having to take a max of 3 turns for a sub-orbital launch to complete, which is about how long it took the first one to land.

I'm guessing at least 15-20 turns have went by since I launched them, yet two of them are still 'in space'.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

FC
Old January 22, 2001, 20:10   #2
Martock
Warlord

Local Time: 04:19
Yup...found the same thing the other day...all u have to do is go into the units menu where it told u they were in space...double click on them (unless u know exactly where they are)...that should take u to where they were. just right click to get that menu, ungroup them...move them individually, unload and if u can, disband them right there. i was unable to do that to mine as it crashed my game. so, i have an abandoned airfield with 3 sentried space planes.

anyway, i think the feature is busted. i do believe it was intended to just transfer units from one friendly city (read YOURS) to another friendly city (read YOURS again). i don't think it was intended to be used in sub-orbital flight though for anything but city to city transfer.
Old January 22, 2001, 23:32   #3
CC_Fully_Completely
Settler

Local Time: 09:19
grrr