Old January 24, 2001, 12:03   #1
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
No More Patches, game still unplayable. Help!!!
I've got the latest patch still have a crash bug in the facist era, The AI does something that makes it crash, my save game is completly stuck. I'm at the end of a turn saved, every time i end turn during the AI phase it crashes to desktop. Any Ideas. This is the only game giving me trouble, I have all the latest drivers, I could repost the illegal operation if I was at home. I havent played the game waiting for the next patch. 3 tries and never got past the facist era.
ver 1, patch1, patch2.
Old January 24, 2001, 12:08   #2
Floris O
Prince

First, what do you mean by "facist era"?

Second, I think you should give up your save game and start a new one, or download a mod from the file section and start playing "the real Call to Power 2".
Old January 25, 2001, 01:36   #3
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

I've given up on 3 games now thats about 60 hours of playing. The facist era is where the facist government becomes available and someone makes facist units, slightly better than infantry. I will try a mod, but was trying to play the game original version first. Original version being a patched version as meant by the designers. But Activision can eat my shorts, for making a game I cant get half way thru in 3 attempts.

------------------
Old January 25, 2001, 07:45   #4
Ferdi
Warlord

Local Time: 11:20
I have found that you can crash the game when you remove a road (pillage) which is out of any borders. Try it and tell me if you also have the problem.
Old January 25, 2001, 21:07   #5
wittlich

And the game remains unplayable....

Old January 26, 2001, 04:19   #6
The Viceroy
Prince

Local Time: 10:20
I think we all have frustrated stories of how we got so far down the road, re-loaded the game .. and everything was screwy (and that was with a game started in V1.1) .. Ive yet to get past Modern Era .. due to crashes/save corruptions .

My save corruption occured after playing Alexander's scenario .. Ive not touched it since.
Old January 26, 2001, 11:59   #7
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

I havent touched it since the failed game with the 1.1 patch either, I figured I would calmly wait unitl the 1.2 patch, which I just found out wasant comming, now I am really hacked off. A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY>< guess I will try and salvage something by trying a mod but I work and have a child so my gaming time is really precious to me. I dont have the time to waste like I used to playing a game that dumps me half way thru. If I were Apolyton I would so disassociate myself from ACTICRAPVISION. At least they only stole, yes STOLE $30.00 from me. Like I said if they patched it to make it playabe I would be fine with waiting for the next patch, but no patch will be forth comming.
Old January 26, 2001, 14:12   #8
Cesare Augusto
Settler

I think you must install the latest patch and start a new game.

I was not able to continue to play with my previously saved game (a lot of bugs\slic errors)!

I suggest you to download also Blue_orange' mod because it adds (more) AI.

However you're right about ACTIVI$ION!
I can accept a bug but the first version was totally unplayable and I realized it after 20 hours (10 days).

Old January 27, 2001, 11:04   #9
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

I did, I started a new game with the new patch. Which is why I'm so mad, 3 versions 3 attempts(new starts) 3 fatal crashes. Always around the facist government era, I made it to tanks once. I've tried various resolutions with matching desktop settings. I am toying with the idea of installing it on my other computer and patching it up to latest version and trying to run my saved game on it just to make absolute sure its not a hardware problem. If it is I would eat the crow. Altough with all the crowing I've done about this lately it would be a heck of a lot of crow. So now I have to try Installing it on my other computer.
Old January 27, 2001, 11:28   #10
wittlich

Elegantly spoken Jen Dragon

Old January 28, 2001, 01:28   #11
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 12:20
First, Activison are good.
Second, I have tons of Fascists, and the game never crashed for me. Stable, unlike CtP I.

------------------
Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
Old January 28, 2001, 11:54   #12
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

Ok call it the rifle machinegun or spy era. I dont know what causes the crashs but something in that timeframe during the AI turn. Like someone said may be the AI pillages a road outside of a boarder or something crazy or simple. I'm glad of your stability.
I've given games I love to friends for presents that work fine on my machine but crash on theirs, patches and all. Latest drivers and all. I'm still impressed that something written for DX5 works on DX8.
Loaded it on my other machine 433 pII voodoo3 128 megs of ram. Tried it at various resolutions too and still get the illegal operation crash to desk top. I will send the savegame file to Activision for disposal.