Old February 3, 2001, 14:09   #1
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Once you place settlers that automatically makes them the civs.
Old February 3, 2001, 21:14   #2
MrFun
Emperor

What do you mean? I place the color blue Settlers at all starting locations and they automatically change to that civilization's color once I launch the scenario?
Old February 4, 2001, 01:29   #3
MrFun
Emperor

Two Questions
I have posted this about a week ago, but I don't believe I got an answer.

How does one place settlers for all civilizations when one is creating a map or scenario?

And how does one enable random selection of the preset number of civilizations from the list of 41 when the scenario is launched?

What is frustrating is that I created a North America map awhile ago and did place Settlers, but now I forgot how I did it!
Old February 4, 2001, 01:42   #4
OmniGod
Prince

Not sure if I said this before, but isn't the easiest way to just place start locations for all the civs and then have the scen/map set for a lesser number of civs? That seems logical to me... and to do that all you do is use the nations button in the cheat menu... is this what you want or am I not reading English to good

Rich
Old February 4, 2001, 01:51   #5
MrFun
Emperor

Ok - here is the delimma:

1) I did place starting locations for 14 civilizations, but I want them to start out with two Settlers, so I need to place a Settler on top of each starting location for each civilization

2) I have set the maximum number of civilizations at 14, and now, when the test scenario launches, it automatically pre-selects the first 14 I placed down instead of randomly selecting 14 civilizations
Old February 4, 2001, 17:53   #6
OmniGod
Prince

Hmm.... I guess I need to get back into pack making so that I don't forget the basics... actually I've never tried what you stated... but now I'm interested...

Rich
Old February 4, 2001, 21:37   #7
MrFun
Emperor

You see, I'm not really crazy, am I?

All I want to do is place one Settler at each starting location for each civilization. That way, they all start with two Settlers. What is soooo frustrating is that I did this with the North America map, but my memory will NOT cooperate!
Old February 5, 2001, 15:03   #8
skorpion59
Prince

Local Time: 03:21
Mr Fun,

When you are talking about scenarios please specify which type of scenario you are talking about, ie., fullgame, by nation, etc.

Which type did you use on your original North American map and did you create this with or without any patches?

As stated before, nobody has been able to pull this off but you so we are all being held hostage to your memory. (Great to know isn't it?) Any info you can remember would be appreciated. One I am very interested in is, did you clear the initial maps (and settlers) off before importing the North American map?
Old February 5, 2001, 21:28   #9
MrFun
Emperor

Gee, thanks - I got one load of stress off my shoulders today and now this. joking

I will be glad to let you guys know of anything that I recall when I created the North Ameria map. Right now, I THINK I created that one using full game, all nations.

Now, for this fantasy map I created, I am trying to launch it as a full game with all nations.

I hate it when my memory's so ornery, and I'm only 23!

I will let you know if it all becomes crystal clear to me - because one thing I DEFINITELY remember is that I was able to place starting locations, then one Settler for each nation so they started with two Settlers on the North America map.

Meanwhile, as I jog back with my memory, how about if I start to create a text file for Apolyton on map/scenario creation? One that is more clear than the one already posted? I'm not sure if I have time to do this, but I might.
[This message has been edited by MrFun (edited February 05, 2001).]