Old February 2, 2001, 14:51   #1
Civ_Fool
Settler

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Offer City
Can anyone help me? I have 45 cities and want to give up a recently conquered city to my ally, but when I click on offer city, the city does not show up on the list, it only shows about 35 cities and I can not figure out how to scroll down to this city to give it up. It is realitively small and of no use. The only other option is to wait for the pop. to drop below three and disband, but I prefer not to wait that long.

Thanks!
Old February 8, 2001, 10:08   #2
a_bates
Chieftain

I think this is an agreed bug. I have seen another thread on the question and they all seemed to agree that the list of offereable cities did not have a scoll bar and that you could therefore not offer a city that did not appear at the top of the list. I'm afraid I can't remember what the thread was. Try searching for it.
Old February 9, 2001, 23:51   #3
Radical_Manuvr
Chieftain

I have no idea if this will work or not but have you tried sorting the cities differently after hitting F2 (city manager)? A different sort in that window (bringing the city you want to give away closer to the top) might make the city appear when you offer it.
Old February 11, 2001, 09:12   #4
kajkat
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by Civ_Fool on 02-02-2001 01:51 PM
Can anyone help me? I have 45 cities and want to give up a recently conquered city to my ally, but when I click on offer city, the city does not show up on the list, it only shows about 35 cities and I can not figure out how to scroll down to this city to give it up. It is realitively small and of no use. The only other option is to wait for the pop. to drop below three and disband, but I prefer not to wait that long.

Thanks!

If your monitor isn't too small try to put the screen resolution offered by CTP to the highest level. You have to end the game then and start it again. It kills your eyes but the high resolution allows you to see all cities in the list. Then change resolution again and restart the game again. very uncomfortable but works even with 65 cities on a 19'' monitor.
Old February 13, 2001, 11:28   #5
Pingu:
Chieftain

Yup, this is an annoying one, I've tried to sort the cities in the City Manager and it didn't work (that was before the patch though...).
The problem also applies to giving Advances (although getting a full list is a bit trickier there).

Pingu: