Old February 25, 2001, 16:34   #1
mosquitodriver
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
civilization at its best yet
I played ctp2 for about a week and said thats it, just another civ game with the same crap as before, its old news. I can see why ctp2 is not doing the best as this board is also flopping its because civ games are getting old and boring, we need something new. I just found the newest civ game that herralds a new era for histrical strategy civ games, called europa universalis, www.europa-universalis.com check it out you might love it. i just got the game and it ROCKS. mark you have got to add this game to your forum because it is the new type of civilization game that brings in a new era of historical strat games, this is the biggest thing since civ first came out 10 years ago.

ctp2 tried but failed, oh well
Old February 25, 2001, 17:01   #2
dande
Chieftain

mosquitodriver,

I had been reading about E.U. for a while now. It certainly looked intriguing, but I am hesitant about the RTS aspect. I really abhor real-time simulations. (My life is just too stressfull for my games to add that much more stress.)

The game claims to have be "pause"able and to provide "semi-real-time". Whatever that means. Interestingly I stayed away from baldur's gate for months because it wasn't turn-based. hwever, it's pause feature was quite nice bacuse you could automatically pause at the end of each turn (sounds a lot like turn based). How does E.U.'s pause manager work and is it an effective feature for someone who doesn't like RTS?

Anyone else? What do you think of the game. I'd love to know what other civers think!
Old February 25, 2001, 23:13   #3
phoenixcager

There's an E. U. thread in the other games forum here.

Also there's a dedicated E.U. forum at Civgaming.net (follow the link in my sig.)

------------------
phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
Visit the CGN forums.

Old February 26, 2001, 06:00   #4
Gwap
Chieftain

I've had EU now for about 4 days, played almost through the entire weekend, and IT'S MUCHO FABULOSO!!!

Ok, there is a bit of a learning curve, but I guess that for regular Civ/CtP players like all you it shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Well, apart from the RTS element. To alay some of your fears: the pause really pauses. Dead stop! Handy for when a lot is going on.

In all, go to the CGN forums (or the ones on www.europa-univeralis.com) and read all about it.

O, and spend your well-earned cash on it, it's definitely worth it.

------------------
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

[Edit: typo]
[This message has been edited by Gwap (edited February 26, 2001).]
Old February 26, 2001, 17:42   #5
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:23
I've been watching the EU scene closely and as soon as I heard it was released I called EB Southland in Melbourne. They've never heard of it. They called their head office in Sydney, and they said it'll be about two to three months before it hits the shelves here.

I'm sure you northerners can here my crying sobs from there.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."