Old March 5, 2001, 01:54   #1
Melrick
Settler

Local Time: 09:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Random civilisations
Whenever I start a new game, the civilisations are never random. They are always the same: Ireland, England, Scotland & America, assuing I pick 5 civilisations. Choosing more civilisations still keeps those ones but adds another one. Is there something I'm not doing right? No option I choose seems to make a difference. I have version 1.1
Old March 7, 2001, 01:04   #2
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:24
quote:

Originally posted by Melrick on 03-05-2001 12:54 AM
Whenever I start a new game, the civilisations are never random. They are always the same: Ireland, England, Scotland & America, assuing I pick 5 civilisations. Choosing more civilisations still keeps those ones but adds another one. Is there something I'm not doing right? No option I choose seems to make a difference. I have version 1.1

I recently found out that this works:
Go to the CTP2_program directory and look for the file, 'userprofile.txt' Change the line that says NONRANDOMCIVS=YES to NONRANDOMCIVS=NO and save. Then start a new game, but make sure it is not on Beginner or Easy level, otherwise it will reset to Non-random.

Also, you may have to alter the same line in the Profile.txt file, located in the gamedata directory. However, I found that it worked fine when I changed the userprofile.txt.

Soon you'll be competing against the Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Persians . Good luck!

- Skeeve

------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!
Old March 7, 2001, 02:07   #3
Melrick
Settler

Local Time: 09:24
Excellent! It works, thanks. I'm only a beginner so it'll be probably be a little tricky playing it at harder levels, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.

quote:

Originally posted by Skeeve on 03-06-2001 12:04 PM
I recently found out that this works:
Go to the CTP2_program directory and look for the file, 'userprofile.txt' Change the line that says NONRANDOMCIVS=YES to NONRANDOMCIVS=NO and save. Then start a new game, but make sure it is not on Beginner or Easy level, otherwise it will reset to Non-random.

Also, you may have to alter the same line in the Profile.txt file, located in the gamedata directory. However, I found that it worked fine when I changed the userprofile.txt.

Soon you'll be competing against the Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Persians . Good luck!

- Skeeve

Old March 9, 2001, 01:55   #4
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:24
Well, you might be surprised at how easy CTP2 is, (unmodified).
The "Hard" Level plays like "Chieftan" in Civ2.
Glad to be of help.

------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!