Old March 13, 2001, 23:17   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Byte me, Activision
Well, I've had it.

I waited for activision to fix this thing and they screwed me.

I waited for the mod fixers for a possible solution and thats gone flat. Good try, guys, but its been broken for weeks.

So thats it.

CTP2 is off my drive.

And since activision is too cowardly to face me here and provide me with anything outside of their two-faced "well, we got what WE wanted" kiss-off message, I'll take it to the next step. Anytime I hear of a new activision product coming out, I'll badmouth it as much as possible. If I can't find out things about your product, I'll make things up about them.

And I'll use all those "in my opinion" weasle prefixes that make it all permissible.

You can just kiss my hoplites, activision. Companies like you are nothing but a collection of dollar-chasing hacks with nothing to add to the industry.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old March 13, 2001, 23:36   #2
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

Local Time: 05:24
quote:

Originally posted by Bluevoss on 03-13-2001 10:17 PM
Well, I've had it.

I waited for activision to fix this thing and they screwed me.

I waited for the mod fixers for a possible solution and thats gone flat. Good try, guys, but its been broken for weeks.

So thats it.

CTP2 is off my drive.

And since activision is too cowardly to face me here and provide me with anything outside of their two-faced "well, we got what WE wanted" kiss-off message, I'll take it to the next step. Anytime I hear of a new activision product coming out, I'll badmouth it as much as possible. If I can't find out things about your product, I'll make things up about them.

And I'll use all those "in my opinion" weasle prefixes that make it all permissible.

You can just kiss my hoplites, activision. Companies like you are nothing but a collection of dollar-chasing hacks with nothing to add to the industry.

Bluevoss

I understand you are, as many others,INCLUDING MYSELF, Very Terribly Upset!

You Indeed have that right, signed,sealed and delivered per your purchase of Hard earned Monies that could have been invested in another product form for your enjoyment and entertainment purposes!

But I as a fellow Civer Challenege you on this...

Why would you want to lie?

Why would you want to start up a hate campaign based on Unfounded truths, more commonly called lies?

Why not instead move past this as indeed an unfortunate time in your life?

I have called Activision SUCK-U-VISION..for I felt that they did indeed suck, but I was upset and unjustifiabley cursed to a certain extent Activision for duping me and many more folks out of hard earned monies!

But I am not perfect...as only 1 man is..that being Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

I just ask you, as you do appear an intelligent person, to please, I beseech and implore you, to not start a vicious pack of lies and un-warranted attacks. Maybe Activision is at this point working on a more presentable product?

Maybe we should indeed post and post and post and..well you follow me..Post about this inept product!

I am not an Activision Flunky..FYI..I can remember me and Big Dave out of Texas getting into a Flame War..(me more so than him..I'll admit) but I supported BLINDLY ACTIVISION..no more no sir I am very displeased with this product, but I want to be fair..This product SUCKS as SHIPPED!!..but I'll get past that and learn to modify and tweak!

Please be fair my friend..Dont start a bunch of lies..let Activision handle MISLEADING and MISREPRESENTING issues and products.

I Humbly offer my hand in friendship and again ask you to please reconsider Heresy and placing an immenence front for which people may/may not believe!

Thanks in advance..

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
Old March 14, 2001, 02:55   #3
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:24
Here here Troll.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 14, 2001, 10:04   #4
Skeeve
Prince

Well Said Troll.

Bluevoss has echoed the hearts of a great many gamers out there. One thing is fairly certain about activision: If they try to introduce a new game, Brand Loyalty is something that they absolutely will not be able to count on!

So don't worry Blue. The damage to activision has been done. The best they can do is put out a sequel to an existing game... and even then, no one is going to buy until the first reviews come out.

------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!
Old March 14, 2001, 16:45   #5
D4everman
Prince

Screw that. Blue voss is right. I'll run over a curb to keep activision from making one red cent. Unfair...hell yeah. The way of the world. No one cried when they took my money.

Old March 15, 2001, 02:11   #6
Steve5304

Craptivision is going to hell for this one.They got involved in PS2 games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater. very few of these games have actually been sold. If this keeps up, activision is in seroius trouble.

They really shortchanged us on this one. Its off my drive also,I got a refund. And all i wanted was an AI that challenged me.One that planned attacks and used stacks. And one that knew how to use a Carrier and aircraft properly.An AI that doesnt build a 9 battleships in a 1 square lake. My god did you people at activision Play-test this game? Everything hyou guys have touched lately has turned to ****. Plz leave the PC gaming world before you hurt the industry anymore.
Old March 15, 2001, 08:48   #7
Skeeve
Prince

Yipes!

I didn't know emotions ran so strong on this topic.
Okay, Call to Power II does lack many aspects of a great game, but I consider it to be good filler until the REAL Civ game comes out (hopefully by the end of this year). CIV III.

Why do I not play CIV 2 until then? Because I've had CIV 2 for 2 Long!
I have thoroughly explored every aspect of that game from pole to pole, equator to equator, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing left for me to discover. Besides, I'm sick of moving engineers all over the landscape to build roads/railroads. (The auto feature never works the way I want it).

So at least for the next 10 months... Call to Power it is. It's not great, but for a CIV fanatic as myself, it's something.
By the way, I find that playing on the 'impossible' level is quite challenging. (I agree that the AI is still pretty dumb).

------------------
Old March 17, 2001, 05:49   #8
alley_cat
Chieftain

People, people, lets all calm down! I think CTP2 is pretty buggy too. Well, its full of them!!!!! But it is nice that Activision put all the calculations and functions of the game in zilion text files so we could break our heads and figure what the hell to do with them, and only then we will be able to continue where Activision stopped - fix these bloody stupid bugs!!!

Hey, but CTP2 has its goodside. It does makes some of the aspects in the game more realistic. It has many things that civ2 didn't have.
We bought the dam thing! So lets not waste our money and use CTP2, k?
And Troll, could you please explain to me that quote of yours?
Old March 17, 2001, 10:21   #9
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

quote:

Originally posted by alley_cat on 03-17-2001 04:49 AM
People, people, lets all calm down! I think CTP2 is pretty buggy too. Well, its full of them!!!!! But it is nice that Activision put all the calculations and functions of the game in zilion text files so we could break our heads and figure what the hell to do with them, and only then we will be able to continue where Activision stopped - fix these bloody stupid bugs!!!

Hey, but CTP2 has its goodside. It does makes some of the aspects in the game more realistic. It has many things that civ2 didn't have.
We bought the dam thing! So lets not waste our money and use CTP2, k?
And Troll, could you please explain to me that quote of yours?

With pleasure my friend..

It is a quote from the Book of Hebrews in New Testament..from what is known as the "Faith Chapter"..that being the 11th Chapter of Hebrews..the scripture meaning we should have "Faith" as not one of us has actually "SEEN" Jesus..but we have indeed seen his fantastic works..we have "HOPE" that is as yet unseen..that being eternal life in and through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is what is know as the "TRINITY"..The Father (GOD) in Heavan, The SON (JESUS).who was made flesh and dwelt among us...and ascended into Heavan to sit and the Right hand of God and judge mankind..and he sent us the Third..The HOLY SPIRIT..who comforts, convicts and guides our actions.!

Now we all will one day have to give an accord for our actions, myself I am confident that I am saved throught he sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ, shed for the remission of our sins. I am by no means perfect..only made righteous through Jesus Cleaning Blood!

Hope this helps..and God Bless

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
Old March 18, 2001, 09:56   #10
Skeeve
Prince

Well Explained, Sir Troll.
Couldn't have done better myself. (and I teach Sunday School).

Edit: Sorry, this is getting a little Off-Topic.
------------------
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited March 19, 2001).]