Old March 20, 2001, 01:07   #1
Steve5304

Local Time: 09:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Report MP Problems here
All I want is

1) Version?
2)Patch, if any
3)Re-sync happens when a certain kind of unit is loaded/unloaded?
4)Game year it started to go beserk
5)Connection you were using?
6)Server you were in

After reading so many complaints. It occured to me that maybe this is "2 Conflicting devices" rather than a programming error. Activision says it has no knowledge, if it were a Conflict this would be correct.

So many people say there is a "Drop dead date" or a "Crash Unit" or a certain age they can only get too. Indeed it sounds very much like a Device conflict.Because Ive modified/tweaked every one of Activisions files,I have decided to hear complaints and see if I cant locate the problem. My ability to locate the problems depends fully on you telling me the 6 points I asked above.

Conclusions ive made so far
1)Its unplayable past the point of 600 turns.
2)Cable/Dsl users have this problem also

btw, is anybody using the earthlink. The ISP prescribed bye Activision? They even sent an Install demo in your cd?

[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited March 19, 2001).]
Old March 20, 2001, 01:53   #2
wittlich

Ok Steve, I'll start
I myself am using DSL with a 866Mhz machine. My opponent uses DSL with a 450Mhz machine. We both log on to the internet using Earthlink DSL and CTP2 Multiplay is still not workable. The game works fine in the beginning, but as the game progesses, the constant resyncs get worse...to the point were the game is basically unplayable. It doesn't matter who hosts the game, the resyncs occure - especially when one of us trys to disembark a unit off of a boat or helicopter. The game resyncs and resets back to before the disembarkment was given - or, if you disembark and then move the ship away, the game resyncs...the ship is still at its last position, but the unit is BACK on it
To answer your exact questions:

1) Version? Original Store bought copy with the one (and only) Activision patch installed. Of course the "second" patch released by Activision was only to be used if the first could not be loaded....and yes, I even tried that one too

2)Patch, if any See 1)

3)Re-sync happens when a certain kind of unit is loaded/unloaded? Any type of unit. It happeneds when I UNLOAD. Loading the units are fine.

4)Game year it started to go beserk. Hmm, I don't actually recall, but it is after I have seafaring and when the game reaches the modern age the game ends up basically unplayable because of all of the resyncs / desktop crashes.

5)Connection you were using? Both me and my friend use DSL

6)Server you were in? We both subscribe to Earthlink DSL

The problems still occur even when we play a LAN game..so I don't think the connection/server is the problem

Thanks in advance for your efforts in this Steve!

Old March 20, 2001, 17:24   #3
Steve5304

Suprising news

on the post below
stupid double post
[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited March 20, 2001).]
Old March 20, 2001, 17:35   #4
Steve5304

Ever Notice how your stupid building styles change?
On Mplayer I have taken note the Building styles always switch from Asain to Classical back and forth.They seem to do this alot more later in the game.I would just like to point out that having your Classical building turn into an Asian Building is not Normal!

This may very well be problem as our Software cannot comprehend why this is happening. I have sent a letter to activision asking them too atleast explain why this is.I will post there reply

So far so good...
"The hardest part about solving a problem, Isnt fixing it, but finding it" B.Gates
[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited March 21, 2001).]
Old March 22, 2001, 11:29   #5
wittlich

Yes, I've noticed the same thing happening.

When ever the game resyncs, my cities will change from the modern age back to the "stone age". But actually, if we can get the game to actually work without crashing/freezing I for one do not care what my cities look like

Old March 22, 2001, 15:44   #6
Steve5304

yes, But this seems to happen when other people resync also,My citys and my production revert back to nill.This is didnt happen in CTP Mplayer.I got a stupid response from activision saying they'de check it out
(ya right).

I was almost able to complete a game on Mp last night. Bye Excluding all aircraft,ships,and anything that doesnt walk on land. The game actually progressed to 900 ad. At that point my friend and I were battling it out with Musketeers and Cannon. But it didnt Resync, i got a "waiting for data" message and my Isp rudely kicked me off-line. Also A custom map was used that exluded ruins. For some reason there buggy.