Old March 23, 2001, 01:05   #1
Steve5304

Local Time: 09:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Big discovery about Mplayer
I went to gameleague to chech out the "CTP2" rankings. I was shocked to see that people had actually finished games! Some names sounded familiar from when I used to play CTP on Internet, years ago.

I have attempted to get ahold of one of them, I sent an Email to my Former Comrade Tal to ask him what he is doing that I am not.I was ondering how he escaped the "Re-Sync Onslaught" that the majority of us encounter.
I await a Response

Everybody says mplayer is "Broken" im checking into that now, I sent a letter to activision asking about why the building styles switch so often. They said they would "look at it"(yea I bet )

btw mark plz dont close this thread. Nobody is at the CTP2 Multiplaying thread to read it!

[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited March 23, 2001).]
Old March 24, 2001, 19:25   #2
wittlich

I too am wondering how they can actually finish a CTP2 game in Gameleague and are these "wins" single-player, muli-player, or both?
[This message has been edited by wittlich (edited March 24, 2001).]

Old March 25, 2001, 00:33   #3
Steve5304

Local Time: 09:25
On Activisions Mplayer servers, some are even 4 player games! I think we just exposed the biggest cheating ring ever !

[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited March 24, 2001).]
Old March 25, 2001, 12:59   #4
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 04:25
I have played both 1 v 1 and 3-4 player games of CTP2 online. I had the resynch/disconnects problems and have found that ther following works for me:

1-Turn off everything not necessary to play the game. I cannot believe how many player keep on ICQ or email programs and wonder why the have ping that flucuates or remaines very high.

2-Regularly defrag your hard drive, especially if you are down to the last 300MB of drive space.

3-Play 1 v 1 on hugh map or smaller, anymore than 2 players has to be on reg/medium map. The larger the data package being shutles from the host to tyhe other players, the more chance for resynchs.

4-Watch who you play with, one person with bad(red) ping to host can really screw-up a game for all.

5-Host must save regularly and have on auto-save.

6-I found my anti-virus program had a conflict with CTP2 that caused a page fault, I disabled my anti-virus and I no longer have the game crash(this it did even in single player games).
Old March 27, 2001, 22:16   #5
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 04:25
I play online all the time. When i read apolyton about the m-player problems, i didnt even try for weeks. Then once i tried i havent played single player yet. Its not uncommmon for 3-4 player games to get through the modern age. I have played into the renasance many times and have had few problems. The most important thing is the host must have a good ping(usually cable). I play with my ping above 1000 sometimes (it varies) and it works fine. Multiplay is a blast and is highly addictive. Someone is allways playing online, sometimes there are over 20 people on. This to me it the only way to play ctp2, because 1 player is entirely too easy.