Old April 5, 2001, 15:57   #1
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Another documentation help request (Advance.txt)
I also found in the ctp2.exe some stuff that should belong to the Advance.txt, most of this is documented in the Apolyton Modification section. But there some unused statements there.

I am most interested in the statements Dependencies, LeadsTo, RequiresProbeRecovery, Genetic, NoIndex and PowerPoints, because they aren't documentated at Apolyton. now here is the list of all statements that I found in the ctp2.exe:

Cost
Prerequisites
Dependencies
LeadsTo
Icon
Branch
Capitalization
Infrastructure
Transform
RequiresProbeRecovery
Genetic
PlantNuke
NoIndex
Roads
Railroads
AlienLife
MagLev
Tunnels
GLHidden
PowerPoints
PollutionSizeModifier
PollutionSizeModifierValue
PollutionProductionModifier
PollutionProductionModifierValue
TriggerFeat
TriggerFeatValue
KeyAdvanceAdvice
KeyAdvanceAdviceValue
Old April 10, 2001, 15:30   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

I got hexagonian's consent to post the on his http://www.mydocsonline.com account.

login is hexagonia
password is hextapul

A special thanks to Hexagonian
-Martin

edit: OK, five copies that is too much, maybe one on the general forum (to get someone into the help forum) and one in one of the threads that would be enough, unfortunatly I put the parts into differents threats. I noticed that hexagonian also posts the cradle in different threats but only twice. On the one side it is good for his post account, but on the other hand he gets more attention about his craddle. I think it does't belong into the general forum, but it is OK for me to get more attention. I will try to use these posts for edits.

Now some new information: I recognized that the Tunnels flag is not used in the advance.txt but undersea tunnels are available. They are now tileimprovements and the enabling advance is now be specified in the tileimp.txt. Therefore my conclusion Transform, Roads, Railroads and MagLev are also obsolete flag.

I wonder if one of the leftovers work in CTP2.

-Martin

[This message has been edited by Martin Gühmann (edited April 12, 2001).]
Old April 11, 2001, 13:51   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:26
Stating
The
Obvious
RequiresProbeRecovery sounds like a CTP1 hangover from the wormhole probe thingy.
Old April 13, 2001, 08:44   #4
Pintello
Warlord

Local Time: 09:26
Hi Martin,

Is there anything in the ctp2.exe file that would allow us to add production, food, gold, and commerce to a special goods tile? I found a way to do this in CTP1, but the same method does not work in CTP2. Is there something that would allow us to do this a different way in CTP2?

Regards,

Timothy Pintello
Old April 13, 2001, 17:54   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

I took a second look into the ctp2.exe (obviously I overlooked the small *.txt files) ad I found some lines that could belong to the goods.txt:

Gold
Food
Production
SpriteID
Probability
Sound
Icon
GLHidden

Required fields are Gold, SpriteID and Probability.

How did you add production, food, gold and commerce to a special goods tile in CTP1? What was the exact effect? Was it an effect that gives cities bonnus food if a worker was on this goods tile or was the good was traded?

-Martin
Old April 16, 2001, 08:51   #6
Pintello
Warlord

Local Time: 09:26
Hi Martin,

Thanks for digging that information out for me from the *.exe file. I will take the information and see if I can apply it somehow to the terrain.txt file to get back food, shields, and gold for the good tiles.

I will now attempt to answer your question to me. If I remeber correctly, it has been well over a year now since I did this, after a good was added to the list, you could inluded a command line that said something like of "env shield 20." This would result in a good being given 20 shields in addition to the shields the terrain type already possessed.

Wes included this functionality in his Med Mod 1 mod, so it you download that from his web site and look into the terrain.txt file you should be able to see exactly how it is implemented. Using this method, it was possible to add non-trade gold, shields, and/or food to any given good tile. In this way the goods actually because resources. They could also still be traded, but the trade value was only in gold and was only found in the goods.txt file. The values in the terrain files had no direct affect on the trade value of the good.

You are correct in the way you surmised the extra resources were gained for the city. Once you put a worker on that resource, your city could use the entire value of the resource, as well as trade it if that was what you wanted to do.

Regards,

Timothy Pintello