Old December 25, 2000, 22:54   #1
Peculier
Settler

Local Time: 09:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Unrecoverable installation error
I've been trying to install the game, but unfortunately without much success. Shortly into the installation process, usually after a few percent (though once I made it all the way to 59.2%), an error message pops up that just says "Unrecoverable installation error, please try again", or something to that effect. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't suppose there would be any way to install it manually, would there?

I'm running an old P200MMX w/ 80MB, but I didn't think I'd have any problems running the game. Occasionally I'll get a different error message stating that an invalid page fault occured in setup.exe. I'd appreciate it if anyone can offer any help.
Old April 16, 2001, 14:58   #2
DanR
Settler

Local Time: 09:26
I'm having a very similar problem. I just got the game today and this is getting on my nerves. I'm running Win98 SE, Duron 800 GeForce Pro video card. Anyone have any suggestions, help?

quote:

Originally posted by Peculier on 12-25-2000 09:54 PM
I've been trying to install the game, but unfortunately without much success. Shortly into the installation process, usually after a few percent (though once I made it all the way to 59.2%), an error message pops up that just says "Unrecoverable installation error, please try again", or something to that effect. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't suppose there would be any way to install it manually, would there?

I'm running an old P200MMX w/ 80MB, but I didn't think I'd have any problems running the game. Occasionally I'll get a different error message stating that an invalid page fault occured in setup.exe. I'd appreciate it if anyone can offer any help.

Old April 16, 2001, 15:36   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:26
I think it has been found that Windows SE is a problem in installation.