Old April 26, 2000, 21:43   #31
SilverDragon

I truly think that cheating is one of the dumbest things people do. Why is ther so much satisfaction in

Cheat to build armor in 3950 BC
Armor attacks phalanx
Armor wins

It just doesn't make sense

------------------
Long live the Communists!
-- SilverDragon

Old April 27, 2000, 20:57   #32
Fast_Eddie

I have nothing against cheating really. I never really try to conquer everyone very quickly, I usually have long games. It suck to end at 2020, so I usually cheat to knock it back to 4000. I also take some techs away from civs and give others some techs. It really makes the game different, even if I do kinda know what I'm up against.

Cheating cos you can't win as is means you're an idiot.
[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited April 27, 2000).]

Old April 28, 2000, 16:46   #33
Bohlen
Prince

Local Time: 17:37
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Cheating against the AI is something entirely different. I should have made it more clear in my rant above really deals with cheating when other human beings are involved. Such is the case with MGE. If it makes the SP game more enjoyable to use the "Cheat Menu", then go ahead and do it. The term "Cheat Menu" is not really all encompassing. It is a testing and editing tool as well.

The bottom line, IMHO...those who cheat at interactive multiplayer PC games are pathetic. Those who cheat OTHERS in RL are just as pathetic. It is in RL that their true character comes to the forefront. Those who cheat THEMSELVES in RL are in for a great awakening down the road.

Cheating...Just Say No!
Old April 28, 2000, 17:30   #34
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 14:37
well said.

I play for fun more than to win and it seems to me that cheating would remove the fun.Not much point in it then...

sadly this an old program.There are better ones out there.Its not practical to include security features with games.But that is what it would take.Then some genius finds a crack...
[This message has been edited by Smash (edited April 28, 2000).]
Old May 1, 2000, 05:07   #35
Carolus Rex
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 00:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Smash, what did you mean in your post above ("saving every turn is a double edged sword")? Which things do you find out that you really don't want to?

Vlad, could you please elaborate on the whacky stuff your mouse did? Mine has been strange in some games, for example when I adjust the taxes/science/luxuries rates...

Carolus
Old May 1, 2000, 14:19   #36
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 14:37
well,when you examine saves later on and find civs full of non units.A 1200 gold treasury at 2800bc.This kinda stuff.You thought you had a good game with good players but what you actually have is a joke.