Steve5304

Local Time: 09:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MPLAYER DOESNT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!

**** you CRAP-TI-VISION
Old April 14, 2001, 16:40   #3
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:26
Burchill, Ok, Steve wasn't very tactful, but he IS right. CTP2 to Broke, broke, broke.

Currently, my roommate and I are playing CTP2 over a TCP/IP LAN connection and still CAN NOT finish a game because of the massive bugs and instability inherent in CTP2...but we still try. We are currently on our 12th game restart (trying different mods/autosave on/autosave off/you host/ me host/etc.) and still to no avail. At the beginning of a given game everything is fine...then sometime during the game (sometimes it's modern era, sometimes pre-modern era) the CONSTANT resyncs and/or desktop crashes occur and makes the game worthless.

I, like you Burchill, would LOVE to play a multiplayer CTP2 game ... but how?

Burchill, in case you haven't noticed, this is why the CTP2 Multiplayer Forum is "basically" dead and only here in title only.

However Burchill, if you find a way to actually multiplay this game, contact me - I would love to play!

[This message has been edited by Wittlich (edited April 14, 2001).]
Old April 14, 2001, 17:31   #4
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

Local Time: 05:26
Absolutely true!

I was the Biggest Supporter of the CTP:2 Game prior to coming out, and I honestly feel it is WORSE Than CTP:1..I am just absolutely appaled at a piece of Doo-Doo Wah that Activision put out!

I am learning to Mod and alter files to try to find a game worth attempting..and this MP is confusing..MP=Multi-player correct?..But you cannot ACTUALLY Play MP with this?

I am simply ashamed to say that I supported CTP:2...

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
Old April 17, 2001, 06:43   #5
AeroPrinz
Warlord

Local Time: 11:26
Well, have played about 10 long MP games (a couple days) in CPT2, and what can I say, before the 1.1 update it was terrible.
After, it is bad, but playable. I play over TCP/IP local network, and got a lot of resynch, but finnaly we got to a point where I or my oppenets must surrender (usually we play 3 players game)
May be I can play it because of my computers,
I play on 900MHz,800MHz,667Mhz with 256Mb RAM.
When I played it on a computer 533 Mhz with 32 Mb RAM, it was really terible.
So, my advise Faster computres, bettter palying!
Old April 19, 2001, 13:38   #6
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 04:26
hmmmm i have played a bunch of mp games. Im not sure what your problem is, maybe i have a high tolerance for the problems with mp. last night i played mp with a guy named tygernite and we played well into the game( i even have my modded civ babolonia). I think he resinced twice and he crashed twice and i crashed once, but that is in oh about 3-4 hours of playing. The main reason for that is that im dialup and was host, because of me wanting to experiment wiht my new civ. IF he was host, we might have resinced once in that time. by the way, i play on a 400 mhz with 96 ram. i have faster but, this has a bigger moniter and seems to work better than my faster one.