Old May 6, 2001, 03:44   #1
bj
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
game crash
Hi ppl.

My brother and I are casual CTP 2 players (after also casually playing civ1, civ2 and ctp 1 for years in the past). He (my bro) has got this game that crashes (quits back out to windows 98/se) at the end of a certain turn, so he asked me to check it out. Tried it on my (faster + more RAM) comp and it also crashed, with enemy moves on and off.

I was just wondering if someone could download it and see if they get the same, and possibly offer a solution or workaround (You know how long it takes to get to 1980AD in ctp2 You may wanna turn off show enemy moves before ending the turn because Globesat makes it take ages. Here's the link:
http://www.planetquake.com/feelthepa...ew-Thai-1980AD

FYI this is his second game (medium difficultly) and I've yet to finish a game as I am more of a FPS player. Dunno if it matters but it was in a dir called 'Andre' (Andrew truncated

We also have started playing multiplayer across a crossover cable, TCP/IP and even though the patch readme says 'syncronization issues addressed' or something like that, we still get it occassionaly and other anomolies like wonder messages (i know this is common from what i've read) and less common things like believed earning of sciences without researching them. Basically what Im saying is the game has got to a playable state over a LAN but it still needs work.

Sorry if any of this has been addressed elsewhere but i dont really have time (at the moment) to browse many threads. thanks in advance.
Old May 6, 2001, 16:15   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:27
Before anyone can do anything with this, you'll have to tell us if you're using the patch and what mods you're using (if any) and what other modifications you may have made. The game will only run properly if all settings are equal. Normally though, I wouldn't count on results being any different on other computers. If it crashes, it crashes, all you can do is 'dust yourself off and try again'...
Old May 6, 2001, 18:58   #3
bj
Chieftain

'dust yourself off and try again'...

yeah i figured that would be the case. No mods, ctp2 with the 1.1 patch.
I must say, even though it isnt my game thats crashing, Im disappointed that it could at all, coz we paid a lot for it. If it happens again CTP2 will probably be unfortunately shelved alongside of CTP1 until a new patch arrives. Bugger.

thanks.
Old May 6, 2001, 19:33   #4
bj
Chieftain

quote:

From another thread:
Activisions gone (no more patches)

Awwwwwww, krud.