Old May 15, 2001, 01:11   #31
janilxx
Warlord

Local Time: 11:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It seems that your game and you are introverted just as other suggestion game 2 team

No one does even comment my idea about pic of map. It was nice to read about frst suggestion game but when the game goes on and on you just can not follow the game anymore without the maps. But maybe you do not like audience You just lost one of your reader.

Jani

Old May 15, 2001, 07:13   #32
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:27
Hi Janilxx,

I think the suggestion is a good one.
See my reply to same message in TEAM 2's thread.
Old May 15, 2001, 10:11   #33
Mokael
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:27
hey, Janilxx

I liked your idea. But if I would put a map in the post, that would be one hell of a long post. And I don't have time to set up a web page and post pictures there. If you organize one, I'll be glad to provide you with all the images you want.

Old May 15, 2001, 14:31   #34
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:27
I have a fledgling website that could host the succession game screenshots, but I'm not sure I could upload it in any particular real-time, and it may only get updated once a day. Is this any good, or does the webmaster need to be a 24-hour connection type person ?

Ben ( from http://members.aol.com/wvrs4 )
Old May 15, 2001, 15:54   #35
Trix
Settler

Hi there. I'm posting under "Trix" because I registered from work, I dunno my password (Tr|x), and I'm at home right now on my crappy 56k connex.

I got the savegame from Mokael - I'm really sorry but it doesn't look like I'll have time to do this. I didn't anticipate a) how slow this board is on a dialup connex and b) how time consuming it would be to alt-tab out of ctp2 and write down what happened every turn.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull-out

Everyone have fun though! ...

... btw buy and play Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising because it is excellent.

Tr|x

Old May 15, 2001, 16:27   #36
David Murray
Prince

oh bollocks to this
[This message has been edited by David Murray (edited May 15, 2001).]
Old May 15, 2001, 16:59   #37
vilius
BtS Tri-League
Settler

Local Time: 03:27
so. just a 5 of us? i'm ok with that - closier relations.. can get almost personal.. heh.

posting maps? what are our limitations here on apolyton? could we post whole savegames? i bet this might become a real nightmare, though.
i'm planning to sit down on Perl::Mail module.. might come up with some cute idea then...

my q on this irish game: what's the barbarian setting? (i found it pretty entertaining playing with maximum, too bad AI begins loosing it's cities and... barbarians rule half the world in one of my games)

v
Old May 15, 2001, 17:13   #38
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

If you want to forward the maps to me then I'll post them on the web. Had a bit of a think tonight and I should get a site up by tomorrow afternoon all going well.

Dave
Old May 16, 2001, 08:17   #39
Mokael
Chieftain

ok, Redstar, I'm gonna send you the game file in a few.

Mok
[This message has been edited by Mokael (edited May 16, 2001).]
Old May 16, 2001, 11:57   #40
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Thanks for the file Mok. I'll play when I get home from work.

I've also knocked a small, basic site up to hold all this info. Currently it has all the updates so far plus I intend to host the most up to date map for each game. No point in holding them all.

Like I said, its basic. I did it during quiet periods at work today so hopefully I can make some improvements when I get the time.

It isn't uploaded yet but it will be available at http://www.redstar1.net/ctp2

when I upload it somewhere, or host on my machine at home and point the DNS servers at it. So it should be available from tonight.

Dave
Old May 16, 2001, 16:23   #41
redstar1
Prince

Well I would have it up if my DSL line hadn't packed up. I'll try and get the saved game off my email and get it played anyway.

Dave
Old May 16, 2001, 16:49   #42
redstar1
Prince

haha

and as I test it again its back!

site is up at
http://www.redstar1.net/ctp2

has to be updated a bit after todays reports.......

Dave
Old May 16, 2001, 20:39   #43
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 04:27
redstar is your site only for this succesion game or ours(team two's) and the origional team also. also how do you easily take a pic of the map? and if you are doing all of them, do i send my pics to you?
Old May 17, 2001, 04:29   #44
redstar1
Prince

If you take a look there is a link for all three games. As far as I can tell the best way to grab the map is to take a screen dump, then either email that to me or fiddle about and cut out the map yourself then email that to me. I'm only going to put up the most recent for each game so if you want to submit your map thats up to you.

I'll take a grab of the map when I play my turns, which will be when I get home unless I can find a windows98 cd in work

Dave
Old May 17, 2001, 07:20   #45
redstar1
Prince

In 3500BC, Redstar1 ascended to the leadership of the Irish people after a bloody battle between the warring factions. He vowed to unite the Irish people under one banner and lead them forth to greatness!

3500BC
Rumours of a race called the Mayans are abound. Stories of huge tombs being constructed are rife. The Irish people look to their leader to follow such inspiration. A warrior unit scouting the Northern desert discovers a deserted village and finds strange stringed weapons. These are returned to Dublin for analysis and all warriors currently undergoing training are versed in the use of these new weapons.

3475BC
Continued exploration. Rumours of ruined villages in the west.

3450BC
The first Unit trained as Archers is commissioned in Dublin. Warriors in the north are sending back reports of a huge desert.

3425BC
The ocean is spotted beyond the northern desert. It is a welcome sight for the weary warrior scouts. Archers complete their training in Blarney. The people of Blarney are now ordered to prepare to send some of its citizens on a quest to settle new lands. Warrior unit in the west enters an abandoned village only to be ambushed by Barbarians! Attempts to escape are foiled by armies to the south and west proclaiming these lands in the name of Helen of Greece. The great Greek leader refuses to exchange maps.

3400BC
Warrior unit in the west is overrun by Barbarian forces. Continued exploration.

3375BC
Waterford founded on the banks of a river north of Dublin. Citizens begin training Archers for defence. Warriors enter a village in the south and return with 417 gold.

3350BC
A new unit of archers completes training in Dublin.

3325BC
Herds of elephants are discovered roaming the lands to the south of Blarney.

3300BC
Continued exploration.

3275BC
New Archers unit trained in Dublin. Citizens begin to prepare a new band of settlers to populate the empty lands around Dublin. Warrior unit in south repels a surprise barbarian attack.

3250BC
The art of writing is perfected by Irish scientists. Efforts now turned to making best use of slave labour. Archer unit complete in Waterford and sent on mission to map the coastline. Greek military units spotted using horses as transport.

3225BC
Continued exploration. Evidence of Greek city to the west.

3200BC
Ruins of a village discovered in Elephant country. A very flat village. The archers wonder what could have happened here. Instructions for building sea-going vessels discovered.

3175BC
Exploration of wasteland in south continues. Greek capital of Athens discovered. Call is put out to all available units to gather together for mutual protection. Greek envoy asks us to remove our unit from Greece. Ask for map in return but request is turned down. Redstar1 decides that the Greek empire needs to be removed to allow the Irish people to grow and prosper.

3150BC
Rumours are heard of a Barbarian conquest of Canada. Units make for rendezvous point east of Athens. Waterford trains Archers for town protection and begins work on a coracle.

3125BC
Mercenaries discovered in artic wasteland to south. They join with our warrior unit and begin the trek towards Greece.

3100BC
Sea borders now outlined to north, east and south of Ireland. Redstar1 wonders what could lie beyond....

3075BC
Armies begin to group east of Athens

3050BC
Desert to North almost completely scouted.

3025BC
Army of 4 units begins moving towards Athens.

Before the dream of conquering Athens can be realised, the great Irish leader Redstar1 dies mysteriously in his sleep. In the ensuing chaos one man rises above all others to claim his place at the head of the Irish people..........

Right, sorry for the lenght, was feeling creative today most of the land is scouted and only Athens stands in the way of the rest of the continent. There is an army of 1 warrior and 3 archers moving on Athens and it should be enough to capture the Greek capital. Another 2 warrior units are reasonably nearby if needed. We've begun to catch up overall. Way ahead in military but behind in science and economy. We need more cities and settlers are in production in all cities (i think!). Greece needs to die though I was researching slave labour but i think we seriously need some better military units.

I'll post the map on the website when possible.

Dave
Old May 17, 2001, 08:57   #46
Skeeve
Prince

Redstar:

Great job with the site!!
I love the catch-phrase titles you gave to describe each reign!

I give it 4 cools

- Skeeve

------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 17, 2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 09:03   #47
Skeeve
Prince

Question for Redstar:

I'm still trying to figure out why Sean II's reign as Apolyton XI
was called "The Child Apolyton".

I'm wracking my brain but can't figure it out. What was that about?
- Skeeve

------------------
Old May 17, 2001, 10:06   #48
redstar1
Prince

Ok, I'll give you a hint.... here are the two relevant passages from his Chronice:

100 BC; Apolyton XI wrestles command of the greek nation from his rivals.

and

1 AD; A new calender system is adopted to mark the 100th birthday of Sean II.

Ok, any clearer now?

Dave
Old May 17, 2001, 13:35   #49
David Murray
Prince

Well, I'm going to go and get lumbered up to take over the reigns of power. BTW, I got Age of Empires II yesterday. I thoroughly recommend it to all descerning game-lovers. It knocks the pants off of CTP2.
Old May 17, 2001, 14:14   #50
David Murray
Prince

*sigh*

You're going to have to be patient with me--my Windows 98 1st Ed machine has been moaning at me for weeks now for a rebuild, and has now started corrupting various DLLs in an effort to persuade me. So I am going to install Second Edition or Millennium this weekend, and I will email and post all the relevant screengrabs and logs early on Saturday. Since I only received the file this afternoon, I believe that falls within my 72-hour time restriction. If not...well tough for me, I suppose. Corrupted files like these can only be fixed by a complete rebuild.
Old May 17, 2001, 18:31   #51
Mokael
Chieftain

Redstar -- nice web site! I think I speak for all of us, when I say -- thanx!

David -- good luck with re-install. Everyone knows how f* annoying Microsfot products can be ...

anyhow -- we found Greeks, eh? I say we lay a smack-down on their arses. And sooner the better!

Mok
Old May 18, 2001, 00:02   #52
Skeeve
Prince

Very Clever!!

I was just going through your web-site again...
I think it's more entertaining to re-read the Chronicles to figure out how you chose the catch-phrases!

A lot of them are very funny and creative!

I especially liked Rhuarc's reign which he never typed a summary, so you wrote "Records lost to History".
"Aabecka the Lazy" was pretty funny, too.
But my favorite, probably because it's my own, is my own reign: "Survies Arms-to-England Scandal". That was based on one little sentence in my summary. Hehe, Good one!

Keep up the good work!

- Skeeve

------------------
Old May 18, 2001, 15:33   #53
David Murray
Prince

Ah yes, that great bastion of journalistic integrity--the British tabloids. I hear you guys are burning asylum seekers on big crosses over there right now. Or at least, that's what the tabloids would want. ;-)

I'll have my turn completed tomorrow morning!
Old May 19, 2001, 00:28   #54
Skeeve
Prince

Hey Redstar, How do you do it!??
That is, come up with those catchy - er.. catch-phrases?
"Oil be Back", "Just Deserts" - to name some recent ones.

They are perfect puns for the situation... You should work for a newspaper in coming up with titles!

Once again great job.
- Skeeve
Old May 19, 2001, 00:45   #55
redstar1
Prince

Lol, comes from reading British tabloids

Dave
Old May 19, 2001, 08:55   #56
David Murray
Prince

I have passed my file onto the next player and I am now writing up my reign for posting in the forum. It'll take me twenty minutes or so, perhaps.
Old May 19, 2001, 09:54   #57
David Murray
Prince

The Life and Times of Warlord Murray

Herein lie the chronicles of the amazing feats of wonder achieved
by the third ruler of the almighty Irish civilization, Warlord David
Murray:

[*]3000BC: David Murray, a prominent member of the ruling tribe of the Irish,
    seizes upon the anarchy that follows the death of the elderly ruler Redstar1.
    His youthful cunning and ruthlessness sees him to rise of the top of the tribe,
    his opponents and detractors heads put upon spikes in the village center of
    Dublin. No one is messing with this warlord.
      [*]Warlord David Muray's first point of call as the Irish ruler is reducing
      national rations. "They eat too much and work too little!" he
      is famously quoted as saying.[*]The national state of the fledgling Empire is despondent--infrastructure,
      military, trade...all in desperate need of development, investment and
      research. Warlord Murray sets about not only to expand and conquer, but
      also to improve the facilities for the Irish people. Thus, public works
      are set at 20 percent. [*]Archers enter into the newly-produced coracle at Waterford, which presently
      sets off to the north to explore new lands. [*]The mighty army south advances upon unsuspecting Athens. They stand
      no chance against the superior leadership of Warlord Murray[/list] [*]2975BC: Our might army inches to within a few short miles of Athens. They
      still don't expect an attack.[*]2950BC: Athens, the Greek capital, falls! Scores of our warriors fall in
      the battle, but the Irish people celebrate a defining victory over malevolent
      Greeks! A settler is rush-bought in Dublin.[*]2925BC: Two new settlers move toward greener pastures with plentiful trade
      routes. Work now begins on granaries to provide food for the Irish people.[*]2900BC: Greeks refuse a ceasefire offer for 100 gold. They must have a death
      wish or something. Warlord Murray muses that he wouldn't mind helping them
      with that particular wish.[*]2875-2850BC: The Greeks, cap in hand, approach Warlord Murray with a ceasefire
      proposal. Murray, being a cunning diplomat, responds in an obsequetious tone
      (and to a weak civilization, too) requesting that the Greeks also throw in
      their map as part of the deal. They accept. Four Greek cities are found--Sparta,
      Corinth, Olympia and Troy.[*]2825BC: A farm is constructed near Dublin. Warlord Murray assigns people
      in all of his cities to become farmer specialists and bolster the growth of
      the civilization. Another part of his reforms is to change the research from
      slave labor to jurisprudence, so that the Irish can acquire the knowledge
      of trade and become the richest civilization in the world.[*]2800BC: Tribesmen report in awe that Napoleon Bonaparte has begun work on
      Chichén Itza. Waterfod starts working on a granary, while Athens trains
      archers.[*]2775BC: Cork and Limerick are founded. Dublin rush-buys its granary. [*]2750BC: Barbarian warriors approach the newly-build Limerick--just as well
      that archers accompanying the settler were deployed in the city! Exploring
      warriors are ambushed by barbarians in ruins southwest of Athens.[*]2725BC: Limerick easily repels the barbarian raiders. Research on trade
      begins. The national euphoria at the state of the economy and the war against
      Greece allows Warlord Murray to surreptitiously lower the national wage.[*]2700BC: Nzinga of the Nigerians begins work on Chichén Itza. Dublin
      responds by beginning work on the Pyramids.[*]2675BC: Workers in Cork begin to riot. Their ungrateful ways and slavish
      adherence to their own interests disgusts Warlord Murray, who promptly arranges
      for units to be sent to Cork to initiate martial law.[*]2650BC: Attila is nearing completion of the Ramayana. The exploring coracle
      finds a new shoreline far north to Ireland's own borders. [*]2625BC: Warriors and archers assimilate near Sparta to form a second mighty
      army. Blarney begins construction of a new settler. A farm is build near Waterfod.[*]2600BC: Barbarians approach Dublin. A small army sallies forth from Dublin
      and kills the barbarians.[*]2575BC: Attila completes construction of Ramayana. Greece refuse to pay
      us tribute and so our mighty army invades Sparta. Warlord Murray faces a humiliating
      defeat when he immediately calls on his troops to retreat, noticing that Sparta
      is extremely well-defended. It would take a mixed army of twelve units to
      comfortably take Sparta. No major losses are incurred in the battle. In an
      effort to regain respect from his people, and to quell the ongoing riot in
      Cork, Warlord Murray raises food rations.[*]2550BC: Bronze working is discovered in a ruined city on the island north
      to our borders.[*]2525BC: Zmucane has almost build the Pyramids. Dublin changes build orders
      to a settler unit instead. As barbarians approach the city of Waterford, Warlord
      Murray sets out on a heroic mission to repel them with only a handful of his
      strongest warriors...unfortunately, he does not even make it out of his palace,
      collapsing with heart attack.[/list]

Doctors posthumously attribute his heart attack to over-eating
      and a lack of work.

Here is the screenshot of our latest territory:

[This message has been edited by David Murray (edited May 19, 2001).]
Old May 19, 2001, 15:13   #58
Mokael
Chieftain

so, the Athens is our, eh? Good job! And we how have bronze working -- yheaa!
Old May 22, 2001, 04:21   #59
vilius
BtS Tri-League
Settler

Local Time: 03:27
vilius was HE and HE was vilius.

HE came from a distant village named Cork. It's said that HIS charisma and ability in magic
of fishing gave HIM enough power to become a new leader.

2500BC The Great Fisherman starts development of huge nets near Cork. This was done in order to satisfy an upcoming demand of HIS new invention called sushi.
Porbably unsafe streets of Cork made Vilius eyes open to already existing magic's like bronze -HE starts taking total advantage of it in Athens.
Also we receive rumors about city of Olympia being overrun by Zeus himself (there are rumors that barbarians have also occupied great city of Ottawa, which was famous as home
of Ramayana).
[note: Olympia looks defenseless, so does Corinth; David, can you confirm this is not some corruption in my copy of saved game? =]

2475BC No one has tried sushi yet. 25years of promises, but we still believe.
HE orders to stop pretending being farmers in Dublin and Waterfront since we have real farms there.

2450BC Chichen of Mayans completes Pyramids. HE refuses to understand the meaning of such an irrational waste of resources;
HIS ego seems to be under control even if building Chichen Itza
not in Chichen would be very...poetic?
Instead, HE conquers Olympia! Rumors say that HE used some magic and not a soldier died in this conquest.
People of Cork start enjoying sushi.. They seem to quite like it -HE wants to share this magnificent food with everyone. Starting from HIS cousin in Blarney.

2425BC Athens are now safe from bloodthirsty Greek barbarians -HE gave us an army specialized
to defend!

2400BC HE thinks greeks are not bloodthirsty, they're - stupid. They start Itza.

2375BC Greeks think too much of themselves - they still don't agree that Athens are righteously ours!

2350BC HE moves HIS family back to Cork, since it's got much better defenders now. We will never know what Greek bowmen wanted near Athens - they've been slaughtered by HIS great 'tactical magic'!

2325BC Greeks refuse to give anything of use, so HE takes Corinth. No blood spilled again!

3200BC HE shares with us the knowledge of charisma magic - Drama, but HE asks us to stop killing greek men for a while - we agree to cease fire.

2275BC Riots in Olympia! The Home of Zues is too far from happiness of Dublin. People are getting suspicious - HE starts spending more time and money in Olympia, Corinth and Athens.

2250BC HE starts planning new settlements southwest of Dublin.

2225BC HE receives a greeting from people very far in the north west. They call themselves french.
HE does an unheard before - sends a gift to an enemy!

2200BC A war with Greece has been declared - we've reached outskirts of Troy - very distant greek city.

2175BC Greek stop Itza, they're facing our mighty armies and HIS magic! Our armies slaughter puny greek forces near Sparta. We take Troy - No blood, just magic again.

2125BC We find French being a peaceful nation, HIS gift has not been forgotten - we sign peace treaty.
We agree to stop fighting greeks, they provide us with their map - Sparta is the only greek island in our Irish sea!

2100BC Diplomacy gives it's sweet fruits - we exchange maps with french: we now know that Spain is north of them and we could expect Nigerian people somewhere northwest of France.

2075BC Galway has been founded. -It connects Greek lands into our empire.
First thief sentenced to death in Blarney.

2000BC After years and years of leading, entertaining, teaching and making use of what's have been already taught HE leaves our world in peace and prosperity...

Pyramids got build, Ramayana is being wasted by barbarians.
We should get Trade next turn.
Problem: 10 cities already - use that settler with caution.

Also, I don't see reasons not to publish the whole save game..
http://vilius.com/Succes-Iris-2000BC
http://vilius.com/Succes-Iris-2500BC

v
Old May 22, 2001, 10:52   #60
Mokael
Chieftain

all hail Him, the Great Fisherman!

anyhow, we've come the full circle (sort of). Here's the list, in case u forgot:

1) tedwright@email.msn.com
2) Mokael - Mokael@aol.com
3) Redstar1 - david.archibald@btinternet.com
4) David Murray - david@windygates.com
5) Vilius - ctp@vilius.com

now, I assume that you (Vilius) send the file to Ted. Let's hope he'll be able to get it runing this time (I'll e-mail him, or somethin')

P.S. in case u (I mean all of ya) didn't know -- Skeeve asked for help in supervising succession games, and I volunteered. Unless Skeeve wants it back, I'll run this show. for awhile.