Old May 22, 2001, 10:59   #61
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Nope, it's all yours now Mokael!

Looks like this team is doing a great job.
Old May 22, 2001, 22:04   #62
Mokael
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:28
Thanks, Skeeve!

ok, I just got the file from Ted. I'll play it either today, or tomorrow.
Old May 24, 2001, 17:26   #63
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
I got the file from Mok and I'll get it played tomorrow. Bit busy today so apologise for the delay.

Dave
Old May 24, 2001, 18:45   #64
Mokael
Chieftain

Chornicles of the first Irish King Mokael II the Roadrunner.

And then after 1500 years of Irish history the circle was completed. Mokael II The Roadrunner, decendant of the Mokael I The Founder, came to power. Exact record of ascendance haven't survived, except for the great festival in honor of the first ruler of Irish People. Just as his ancestor, Mokael II wasn't really the figthing type. He is mostly known for: being the first Irish King, the Royal Road, that connected Troy to Galway, sacking Delphi, and Massacre at Sparta, when one of the largest Irish armies were defeated.

1500 BC - Changed productions in ALL cities. Realized that Irish have a colony of SLigo (spaniards territory). 3 major goals - to build a road around Sparta, to conquer greeks, and to continue exploration of the continent.

1475 BC - Green Beer festivals became popular as never before. It reaches such levels, that people of Athens riot in their drunken stupor!

1450 BC - 1425 BC - troops moving around, buildings are being build

1400 BC - Mokael II commemorates the first part of the Road, connecting Athens to Olympia.

1375 BC - Irish philosophers discover concept of Monarchy! After a grand ceremony, Mokael II proclaims himself a King! Feeling as powerful as no Irihs ruler before, he orders to research into concepts of slavery. Council of Tribal Elders stage revolts throughout the Kingdom, that throws the realm into an anarchy.

1350 BC - Another riot in Sligo. Production orders are somewhat changed in the colony.

1325 BC - a lone Barbarian attack party engages our army in the fields near Athens. 4 archers and 2 hoplites masacre the brigands.

1300 BC - A group of Greek settlers are kicked out near Corinth. Another part of the Road is completed - Athens are now connected to Galway. Greek city of Delphi (1) discovered north of Olympia.

1275 BC - King Mokael II requests to give up Delphi. The order is refused, even after the war is threatened. Mokael II follows up on his threat, and declares War on Greeks. Warrior band is killed while raiding Delphi (1 Hoplite). Blaming the disaster on his opposition, Mokael II is finally able to achieve absolute power through the land (Monarchy!), reducing rations and public taxes. A new branch of the Road is compelted, connecting Corinth to Galway.

1250 BC - First ceremonies and laws are established for the Irish Kingdom (yup - nada)

1225 BC - Delphi sacked and razed to the ground at the cost of one Hoplite regiment! (our 2 Hoplites+1 archer vs 1 Hop +1arc).

1200 BC - South-western Royal Expedition launched (corracle with 1 war on board)

1175 BC - South-eastern Royal Expedition launched (corracle with 1 war on board)

1150 BC - Spain request to remove troops (northern expedition). Mokael II, knowing nothing of the distant people, agree.
Irish wise men discover Slavery! Mokael II demand a new technologie to replace the ever-braking bronze swords! (Iron Works is next).
France asked to remover troops (corracle) - agreed. Presents to french and spaniards (500 gold each) are send.
Ruins spotted on south-western tip of continent.
Greeks request cease-fire - rejected, since the Graet army is almost ready!

1125 BC - more ruins spotted South-West

1100 BC - Aniticpating completion of courthouses throughout the Kingdom, Mokael II writes a book on first Irish judiciary system. The works have a general title of "The King's Might is Always Right" (yup - nothing happened)

1075 BC - The great Irish Army assembled (7 Hopiltes+5 arches) near Athens and started its march onto Sparta. First set of ruins entered - 570 gold!

1050 BC - city of Argos (size1) spotted west of Corinth. Sparta is attacked ... and the Grat Irish Army is lost. Road from Olympia to Troy completed. Courthouses are completed throughout the Kingdom. Second set of ruins entered - more gold (500 something). New wonders started - Appian Way in Dublin, and Chichen Itza in Blarney.

1025 BC - Disturbing news -- French (I thnk) are nearly completion of Chichen!
Wise men discovered the secrets of a new metal that they call Iron. During tests of his new Iron sword, Mokael II is mortally wounded, and dies soon afterwards. Rumors spread through the country, that the millitant chiefs of Irish clans thus avenged the death of their fallen commrades at Sparta. Other say that Mokael I came from his grave to punish his spawn for the deeds. Yet some heard that gods has punished the first King. Whatever was the case, the throne of the first King has been left for grabs!
Old May 26, 2001, 15:40   #65
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
Finally I've got an hour to myself to play! I was almost going to pass on this turn as I've been up to my eyes with work all week. but anyway. (i'veplayed 15 turns as I'm not sure how many i'm meant to have.... hope this doesn't screw things up)

1000BC
Redstar1 succeeds to the empty throne of Ireland. Seeing the last king's heroic fight against the Greeks was slowing, he decides to rid this continent of the Greek menace forever. Units start moving towards the remaining Greek cities. Greek settlers annihalated near Argos.

975BC
More troop movement.

950BC
Failed attempt to take Argos. Warrior falls to defending hoplite.

925BC
Made contact with Mayan civilisation. Riots in sligo and general unhappiness so the great King Redstar1 orders the workday cut and wages increased.

900BC
More troop movement.

875BC
Increase in military production. Greeks pillage farmland near Athens!

850BC
Numerous failed diplomatic proposals dishearten the King.

825BC
Maps swapped with French. Aristotles Lyceum completed. Indonesia discovered. Start production of catapults.

800BC
Troop movement.

775BC
And again.

750BC
Dum de dum. March March March.

725BC
Discovered Horseriding. Scientists to work on Hullmaking. Allenwood founded but critics say its too close to Limerick. (they are probably right too)

700BC
Rhodes destroyed.

675BC
Troop movement

650BC
Yet again. King Redstar1 dies of abject boredom due to lack of war.

Guys, this is short but I'm pushed for time! Arse all happened during my turn but things are nearly in place for a good last push on the rest of Greece so good luck!

Dave

Ps website will get updated tonight hopefully. new games and all.
Old May 27, 2001, 03:31   #66
Pilfur
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:28
This is a very cool idea you guys have going here. I love creative writing and I love civ games. You guys have successfully wrapped the two into one! Good job! And when's the next game?

If there's ever a free spot, my email is twaterman@execulink.com
Old May 29, 2001, 19:13   #67
Skeeve
Prince

Thanks there Pilfur,

I've placed you on the list for game 3 which just got underway.
The file will go to you when it's your turn, and that's when you'll get the chance to do some really cool creative writing! Have fun.

- Skeeve
Old May 29, 2001, 19:18   #68
Skeeve
Prince

Hi all!
The following is a summary from David Murray. He's been temporarily..um..err.. well banned from this web-site, so he's asked me to post. My apologies to Mokael who is currently supervising this game. I should have directed Dave to you, but I completely forgot. Old habit I guess. Next time, I'll forward such correspondances to you.

Anyway, without further ado, here's his post: (The file has also been sent to Vilius)

The Life and Times of King Murray 1st

650BC: The new King ascends to the throne. His first act as sovereign is to increase the work day to 14 hours; reduce rations and reduce wages.

625BC: Greek settlers have the audacity to try and move past Athens, presumably in a desperate attempt to settle elsewhere and keep the Greek civilization alive. Suffice to say the army from Athens makes short work of them. Cities begin production of caravans to boost the Irish economy.

600BC: Allenwood riots, so Hoplites are rush-bought in order to impose martial law on the revolting peasants.

575BC: Hull-making is developed. Research begins on alchemy. Two caravans are rush-bought using the country's large surplus.

550BC: The Appian Way is finally completed. Irish armies storm into Argos, with a loss of only one Samurai unit. Bombarding of Sparta and pillaging of the surrounding farms, a military manoeuvre designed to soften up the sole remaining city under Greek command, begin. The Greeks are almost ours!

525BC: We exchange maps with the French, Indonesian and the Spanish after a couple of successfully-judged war-threats, although the isolationist Mayans solemnly refuse our generous offer.

500BC: The Indonesians present us with a peace treaty offer. The treaty is ratified by King Murray.

475BC: The very first Irish trade route comes into being. Elephant is traded from Cork to Waterford for 40 gold pieces a turn.

450BC: We start researching masonry. The first slaver of our civilization is now ready in Dublin.

425BC: A mighty army of twelve units takes Sparta with only three losses! The Irish people rejoice as the Greeks are finally destroyed. We have captured our first continent. We share in our good fortune by giving the Indonesians a present of 100 gold piece for their support of our military campaign.

All cities in the Irish empire are now connected by road.

The slaver enters are coracle and heads northward to begin his egregious errands.

The Empire is now set to be at peace and all military production is abandoned in favour of caravan production.

400BC-375BC: We start research on feudalism.

350BC: Another slaver is ready in Dublin. Production orders are changed.

325BC: Barbarians pillage farms and roads near Athens. A catapult army sallies forth and deals with them appropriately. Another trade route, elephant from Sparta to Waterford, begins (40 gold pieces).

300BC-275BC: The Empire's first longship is produced. We start research on bureaucracy with the eventual aim of finding the Republic. The much-loved Irish King, David Murray, dies at the hands of a bereaved llama after winning a friendly tennis match.

My advice to the next player is to follow down the economic path. Build lots of caravans and jump on the Republic when we find it. More money means we can rush-buy more units a fund a more cohesive military campaign come renaissance period and destroy our enemies with cannons and cavalry.

Rgds
David
Old May 30, 2001, 12:35   #69
Mokael
Chieftain

thanks Skeeve! And no problem -- u're our mentor, after all!

Just a reminder -- it's 20 turns each until 1 AD. After 1 AD it's 15. And after 1500 AD it's 10.

Since Redstar and David played 15, they should be able to make up for their lost turns later on (if they want to).

Sorry for not replying with this earlier. Been kinda busy.
Old May 30, 2001, 12:41   #70
Mokael
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeve
Hi all!

425BC: A mighty army of twelve units takes Sparta with only three losses! The Irish people rejoice as the Greeks are finally destroyed. We have captured our first continent. We share in our good fortune by giving the Indonesians a present of 100 gold piece for their support of our military campaign.

All cities in the Irish empire are now connected by road.

The slaver enters are coracle and heads northward to begin his egregious errands.

The Empire is now set to be at peace and all military production is abandoned in favour of caravan production.

Yes! I think I'll buy myself a Guinness 6-pack and celebrate this! (Yes, I'm just looking for a reason to get a little drunk)
Old May 31, 2001, 12:01   #71
Skeeve
Prince

Quote:
The slaver enters are coracle and heads northward to begin his egregious errands
"Egregious errands"... Nice phraseology, Dave!
Old May 31, 2001, 20:54   #72
Mokael
Chieftain

David Murray send me a message. I'm posting it here, below:

"...just to mention
that I got a couple of details wrong in my writeup that Skeeve so kindly posted for me...Cork is the only
Irish city not connected by road (but should only take a few turns to connect it up) and our nation's status
is on alert, not at peace...

David"

Edit: I'm starting to wonder where that file is at ...

Mok
Old May 31, 2001, 23:26   #73
Skeeve
Prince

By the way guys,
I haven't heard from Vilius whether he got the file to work or not. If the 72-hour rule is invoked, I have a copy and can pass it on to the next player... or I can pass it to Mokael who can pass it on to the next player.

Just let me know if and when you want the file.

- Skeeve
Old June 1, 2001, 00:06   #74
bj
Chieftain

feck, this progressed a lot faster than i thought it would. my brother has been asking me to ask if he could play too, if you guys will allow it.
why i said that is coz we are under the same roof, and he has no email addy so he'd be using mine. whether you think this'd be a problem or not...his handle is simply apk.

if no, then np, just wait for another game to crop up, no doubt one will.
Old June 1, 2001, 11:42   #75
Skeeve
Prince

bj,

That will up to Mokael for this thread, but he is welcome to join the GAME THREE in progress now. He would be player #15 or 16, so it should be a few days before they get to him.

Just post a message on that thread and I'll make sure that he get's included.

- Skeeve
Old June 1, 2001, 20:14   #76
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

God you guys are slow!
only 500BC.
Old June 2, 2001, 13:49   #77
HWTB2001
Settler

I tried sending the file to Vilius three times...it bounced back each time...
Old June 2, 2001, 18:13   #78
Mokael
Chieftain

hmm, it's been a lot more than 72 hours, eh? I say we send the file to the next player. Whoever has it -- can you please fwd to me (Mokael@aol.com) or tedwright@email.msn.com

Bj -- are u sure it's your brother, and not your ego that wants to play twice as many turns as everybody else?

sure he can join. If Vilius will not re-join us, then will be down to four members. Another one will not hurt. Unless others disagree? (boy, do I hate democracy).
Old June 3, 2001, 18:04   #79
Mokael
Chieftain

just an update:

I got the file, and I fwd it to Ted.
Old June 3, 2001, 22:04   #80
vilius
BtS Tri-League
Settler

Local Time: 03:28
disappearance
well, i'd like to express my regret.. missed the game but i guess i'll just take it as a side effect of 4night birthday party...
+my domain is suffering from a slight change in internic/dns weather.
so i'm alive, enjoying my hangover and.. my working email is vilius@commissioner.com which is a little more protected from winds of change

v
Old June 4, 2001, 10:04   #81
Mokael
Chieftain

he's alive!

Vilius, Ted has the file now. After he's done, I'll send the file to you, so that you can play your turns before I get my destructive hands on it.
Old June 5, 2001, 21:25   #82
Mokael
Chieftain

It's been more than 72 hours since I send the file to Ted ... I have no idea if he received it, or not. So, I'm sending file to Vilius

Mok
Old June 7, 2001, 10:45   #83
Skeeve
Prince

Hi guys,

Mokael is going to be away for a few days, so if you need help with getting the file passed around let me know.

He sent me the most recent file. If anyone needs it or declares the 72-hour rule, let me know and I'll send it to the appropriate person.

- Skeeve
Old June 7, 2001, 22:28   #84
vilius
BtS Tri-League
Settler

Local Time: 03:28
Vilius the last king of Irish.

Two Murray sons Ted and Vilius were missing for quite a while. Probably they didn't like tennis and wondered for something less boring or just kept on fighting for the throne all this time. Anyway at the beginning of 3rd century BC Vilius, youngest son Murray finally takes the lead.

250BC Wise or not so wise advisors convince young King in meaninglessness of conversion production into gold (since life's pretty slow those days): all caravans being built (~12) are changed to academies theaters and arenas to increase stability in empire.

225BC Vilius has build too many theaters - Irish are known worldwide to be very entertaining. First Feat of Wonder! King realises the limits of monarchy - He's got no means to make anyone unhappy
Feeling powerless Vilius starts yet unknown wonder of the world - relocation of Argos.

150BC Happiness leads to anarchy - Vilius is touring across the country with a local rock band
An explorer gets ambushed by barbarians in the Northern Island.

125BC The dreams of Plato are getting realized - Irish start building the Republic. Move of Argos is completed - it's now called Glashlough!

100BC Mayans occupy Bali (1 out of 3 Indonesian cities), we agree to withdraw.

75BC People are happy, but not everywhere.. they are very dependend on green beer supply.

50BC Killinick has been founded - a future of our production.

0AD Our armies annihilate barbarians in Northern Island. Fortress completed near Sligo (our distant island in a middle of other empires).
Calendar system flips over somehow - all schedules get confused.

40AD Discovery of Ocean Faring gives us Carrack - transport and naval exploration our empire's gonna need since all our neighbors are distant.

60AD We watch Mayans bombarding another Indonesian city - Malang. Mayan posses Pikemen, Knights weren't sighted yet. A new Fire Trireme is now patrolling our north-east coastline.

80AD We establish a contact with Nigerians, they seem not to be very pleased by our presence.
A new Settler is ready, but our city planner's can't agree.. some suggest start claiming Northern Island.

We are just about to discover concrete (finally something to build!), in the north we have Ottawa wasted by barbarians (it's got Ramayana) and our source of happiness will end soon (feat of wonder).
Population grew from 90k to 116k over the past 350 years.
We're still considered weak in science and military, but we're unreachable by land, so it's pretty easy to maintain peace.

here's current map (not much of change)

and the save game.
Old June 11, 2001, 12:57   #85
Skeeve
Prince

Vilius,
Nice job with the summary.

Did you send the file on to Ted?
Mokael is next after Ted.

If Mokael is not back by then, I'd be glad to play his turn for him. (Only if he is willing - otherwise I'd be an unwelcome usurper!).

If Ted has the file, it's probably time to invoke the 72 hour rule.

- Skeeve
Old June 15, 2001, 15:03   #86
Mokael
Chieftain

hey, I'm back! Sorry about bailing out on all of ya. But ya know - stuff happens.

Anyow, I have vilius' file, so I'll try to bring new life to this SG!

Old June 15, 2001, 20:28   #87
Mokael
Chieftain

Reign of the President Mokael III

100 AD - Irish Royal dinasty completed yet another circle, as Irish Parliament puts Mokael III onto presdients' chair. This year wise philosophers of Ireland start research on a new concepts of Agriculture.
In a move to please general population while keeping good production levels, Mokael III pressed the Parliamenet to reduce public taxes (decreased to 10), increase rations (to normal), and increased wages (to 1 below normal).
Subsidiaries to farmers are cut nation-wide, which results in increase of available labor in the cities.
Following up on his campaign promises, construction on new modern units (pikemen, Knights, and Catapults) has started throughout the Republic.
Using up Public Works surplus, new roads are build are being build.
Troops are moved around with a goal to assemble a full army near Dublin.
Irish Government officialy adopt several geographical names. The original continents is called the Ireland. River between Dublin and Blarney is now know as the Great Irish River. River by Waterford - the Northern River. River by Olympia - the Icy River. Big island to the west - the Celtic Island. Body of water between the Islands - Irish Sea. (Ok, I realise that not everyone would agree to this - these names are just to simplify my post)

120 AD - barbarians are defeated near Troy. Archers are lost in Nigeria to a barbarian ambush - Slavers continue exploration. Mercenaries (Archers) join us at Celtic Island.

140 AD - Ibadan discovered (Nigeria)

160 AD - Benin (Nigeria) discoevered. Montreal (Barbarians) discovered.

180 AD - Wise Irish Philosophers come up with new Agricultural concepts. Supported by the new administration, the concepts spread throughout the land, causing a Revolution in Irish agriculutre. Wise men start to study philospohic ideas of Ancient times (Classical Education).
First carrack at Glasgough is commisioned, when Mokael III brakes a bottle of Green Beer of the ship's bow.
Embassy established and reception held at Madrid (Spain).

200 AD - a full army (12 unit strong) of hopites and archesrs is assembled near Dublin. Explorer (warrior) ambushed and massacred by Mayans! (a horde of horse archers)

220 AD - Sokoto and Oyo (Nigeria) are discovered, along with a Nigerian pikemen unit. Barbarians defeated near Athens.
Mine founded at Killinick mountains. Wonders started - Great wall at Olypmia and Forbidden city in Athens. Portmarnock founded on Celtic Island.

240 AD - Ogoja (Nigeria) discovered.
Entertainers are hired in Glasgough to coup with a local riots. Construction on a shrine has beens started.

260 AD - Even though riots in Glasgough has been put down by royal bag-pipiers, another riot sprang up in Killinick - entertainers hired.
To prevent any further riots, Irish parliament passes Mokael III's bill to increase wages throughout the land (to normal).

280 AD - Glasgough entertainers are fired. Settlers are commisioned at Sparta.

300 AD - Near subjects in history, philosophy, science, and literature are being taught in Academies throughout the land as Irish wise men publish their works on theories of Classical Education. A mad alchemist dreams of a powder, that would release a powerful forces of fire and thunder, so the wise men started to work on the concepts of such a powder.

320 AD - Two full armies assembled near Dublin. 1st Army has 2 samurai, 5 hoplite, and 5 archers. 2nd Army has 4 archers and 8 hoplite. 3rd Army of 10 Hoplite marches south, where it'll be trasfered to the Celtic Ssland. Entertainers are fired at Killinick. Trade route between Sparta and Waterford closed. New elephant trade route establsihed between Sparta and Portmarnock, which becomes the rishcest route up to date, bringing 35 goldpieces per turn.

340 AD - Settlers commisioned by Waterford. Administrationl plans to found a new city north-west from Waterford. Enugu (Nigeira) discovered. Fioshery started near Portmarnock. While exploring runis, Hoplite unit is ambushed and lost in Canada.

360 AD - a Pub in Dublin discovers a new type of brewing. He calls it the Guinness. The new brew spreads througout the land, winning hearts and stomachs of many men (and women).
yup, not much happened ...

380 AD - Kaduna (Nigeria) discovered. Mokael III peacfully passes away in his sleep.

Summary: I received an empire with hoplites and archers, I leave an empire with pikemen, knights, and archers. I established a new city on west island. I establsihed embassy with Spain. I continued exploration, especially of Nigeria. I also builded some roads, farms, a mine, and a fishery. I also started two wonders. that's about it. not posting the map, since it haven't changed much.
Old June 15, 2001, 20:30   #88
Mokael
Chieftain

Just couple reminders. Here's our play list:

1) Mokael - Mokael@aol.com
2) Redstar1 - david.archibald@btinternet.com
3) David Murray - david@windygates.com
4) Vilius - vilius@commissioner.com
5) tedwright@email.msn.com

And we are now down to 15 turns per person.

bj - does your brother still wants to join us? Let me know if he does, and the e-mail address.

Mok
Old June 22, 2001, 11:49   #89
Skeeve
Prince

Hey, where's Redstar been lately?

I think it's his turn, and I haven't seen any posts from him in awhile.

I think there's a way to do a search.... I'll give it a try.
Old June 22, 2001, 11:56   #90
Skeeve
Prince

Well, I just sent the hounds out to search for Redstar, and here's what they came up with:

A trail of blood leading into an abandoned warehouse...
um.. er.. sorry, wrong lead.........

Redstar's last post anywhere in Apolyton was June 4th!

Seems he's incognito for the moment.
Oh well, if the 72hrs is up I guess you guys may as well skip him for now. I think he'll be back eventually.

- Skeeve