Old May 29, 2001, 08:53   #62
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: LOL
Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
why isn't the first succession game this funny?

Roo W. Boy Thats okay then, Ireland should be protected by a national defense system... What do you mean it failed? Surely not?

hee hee
I agree, these guys are hilarious!
I think our first game wasn't as funny because we started off on such a serious role-playing note.

I bet game 3 will be pretty funny, indeed.

- Skeeve
Old May 29, 2001, 17:00   #63
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
Yeah! Mayans almost dead they were are worst enemies. We'll conquer the world soon! Have to play impossible in game three.
Old May 30, 2001, 00:22   #64
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 04:28
In the year of 1615 the great corpret leader bob has was ellected running on a free trade platform. It is hoped that his trade policies will bring a revival to the downward spiraling stockmarket.

1615 as bob's first action, he has a sumit with the leaders of spain, in which they decide to trade global communication, space flight, achologies, and fluid breathing for our great tech of robotics. the people happiness sores as they relize that they have such a great negotiator in their midst.

A great work has been started, a rail connection from the main former french and nigerian lands will conect with the mayans. this link will alow for better defense.

Also bobs military campaign begins to take form with the quick victory at the mayan city of siebal.

1620 Bob got of to a quick start and attacked the sole remaining city of the evil mayans. thier evil deads have gotten them to an early death says bob explaining why he took military action so quickly. Bob speaks of a one world government but the indonesians don't seem to impressed. So bob decides to make a example of them and eliminates both Jakarta aned Java in the same turn. this turn of events leaves spain as our only remaining competion.

1625 radar posts are built to let us more accurately see our land, as well as spy on spanish and other civs troop movements.

1630 spain gives us superconductor, but we are not impressed. our great link is completed and now we are a much more unified empire.

1635 As a thank you for the tech we offer to take the city of cordoba off thier hands and add it to our empire. Unfortanetely for them they dont see it in the same way as us, so we destroy the about 10 tanks of thiers within our empires borders.

1640 our forces massing near barcelona spring forward and capture their city. this is for rejecting our most generous offer. We dont feal they have learned their lesson, so we will continue military action for a while more.

Bob dolls once again make a comeback. Origonals are reported to fetch huge prices on the black market.

1645 madrid, cordoba captured. We feal that this is an adaquate lesson, but they insult our great leader and our military plans are stepped up.

New vareties of the bob dolls are released to the people. While many still enjoy the Clasic merchant bob, many like gi bob and president bob. the rarest, peace bob is very rare and was discontinued after bob started a new war with the spanish.

1650 Leon captured but we lose a tank, this turn of events angers the people. They call out for the punishment of the spanish to continue. with that another army attacks toledo, and it is placed under rule of one of our great generals. Finally, granada is invaded by a army of 8 tanks. this proves to be an easy battle.

1655 a most unexpected thing has happened, the spanish have a small outpost near the former canadian lands. We quickly mobalize a tank and begin prep to attack.

bob writes his biography detailing his millitary past. from transporting troops, to destroying the nigerians, mayans and indonesians all the way to the doorsteps of spains final town. It surpasses the bob dolls as the best selling item in the world.

1660 Finally our triumphant military regiment liberates the spanish peoples from their evil dictators. With a final decisive stroke all other civs are eliminated. From this moment on the great merchant bob was known as Bob the Conqueror.

good game all, sorry i finished them off. I didn't think i had a chance with only 10 turns. I dont know how to take pictures so ill send the files to someone else so they can. I guess i got pretty lucky, i finished off 4 of the comp in my turn. (counting the nigerians)
Old May 30, 2001, 07:40   #65
Skeeve
Prince

....And so, another chapter of Civilization Closes....

Great job! I enjoyed reading the progress of this game. Those Bob dolls popping up in the story from time to time were great!

Keep up the cool writing in Game Three... now underway.

- Skeeve
Old May 30, 2001, 18:50   #66
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
AAAaaaaaahhh!!!! (Ned Flanders scream) You didn't even leave one lousy moth** ******* city for me. I will have some serious things to say in Game Three!!!
Old May 30, 2001, 23:13   #67
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 04:28
sorry darknight, i was really in a conquering mood i guess, play the save with one city left. consider that your turn. make peace and keep the game going if you want. we can play until the gaia controller is built. it should be difficult considering the unhapiness our empire is causing by to many cities.
Old May 31, 2001, 11:57   #68
Skeeve
Prince

Well, for starters Darknight, you could always bring back the Bob dolls in Game Three, but instead use them as VooDoo Bob dolls to torture Me_Irate!
Old May 31, 2001, 12:39   #69
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
Well done guys! Very funny all the way through...