Old April 29, 2001, 08:31   #31
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 04:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey everyone, I don't have time to post my turns right now, but hopefully within 8 hours I will get a chance to post them. I am at work, at it is a little hard to post! Sorry for the inconvenience!

------------------
DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
Old April 29, 2001, 16:40   #32
berXpert
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerC4WDG Delian League
King

Hi guys, I can post now, sorry Rhuarc but I can't wait more, if I do that then my post will be up tomorrow and Sean wanted to post now.
Old April 29, 2001, 16:41   #33
berXpert
King

This the history of BerXpert Apolyton IX the scientist

500 BC After the death of Apolyton VIII the most powerful men of Greek empire voted for the continuation of the royal family on the trone. The main topic was the lower power rate on military and science, in comparation with the other known civs on the world. A young man called berXpert take the trone as the best greek scientist on that time to wake up from the barbarian state of the empire since the two major wars vs Americans and Germans.

First order, change all buildings to bazzar and caravans to increase the economic power of the Greeks (and the science), all military units remain on war state but deffendind their positions, no further explorations.

Research change from Concret to Bourocracy, in order to change the government from Tirany to Republic. 198 gold used in science.

480 BC Cease of fire signed with Germans, treaty of peace signed with Americans.

460 BC All the cities building bazzar were sent and order to rush buy them.

420 BC Troy city founded, settleres were set back from their exploration order to the north to found the city on green land.

400 BC German slaver stoped outside Olympia, cease of fire continue

360 BC Great Wall finished, first trade rute set to Corinth with 3 caravans, extra 62 gold gained

300 BC The group of scientis discover the Bourocray, a pacific change of government was taken, the more radicals create an internal war, anarchy emerged.

Next research Drama.

260 BC Finally the new ideas take order on the government, berXpert is now proclamed President Apolyton IX of the Greek Republic. Appian Way finished, happines increased on the country.

486 gold used in science.

Americans exchange their maps with us, Baltimore is their last city

240 BC Troy build their first defense units.

180 BC Drama discovered, next research philosophy.

160 BC After the building of 11 caravans a trade rute between the farest city on the country Allenwood and Corinth was set, extra 62 gold gained.

140 BC Philosophy discovered, next research geometry in order to build catapults and continue the war with germans

Allenwood stop german mounted archers outside the city, cease of fire canceled, war declared to germans

120 BC Four academies were build, 3 more on the way to get completed, Boston started the building of the Arystoteles Liceum to get more science to the country.

At the end of the Apolyton IX gov, the science and the gold rate were increased in at last 300%. Only 2 international incidents but mainly a season of peace bringed to greek people.

After a 140 years of government as president Apolyton IX called the people to vote for the second president of Greek nation. And by the year 100 BC will resign.
Old April 29, 2001, 20:22   #34
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Sorry I wasn't able to get mine psoted guys, but since it would be kind of dumb to have mine up after Bexperts, I won't post mine from this round. Sorry about that guys!!

------------------
DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
Old April 29, 2001, 23:33   #35
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
Since berXpert has posted, here is mine.

100 BC; Apolyton XI wrestles command of the greek nation from his rivals. He proclaims that the Greeks should return to the glory days of the first Apolyton. At which satge he proclaims himself Sean II, the XI Apolyton.

Despite his bold claims, nothing much happens until,

60 BC; A road network is built between Athens and Sparta. The construction of knights his ordered. This is rumoured to be an indication of things to come.

40 BC; Geomtry discovered; the researches have titles bestowed apon them, as our armies can now employ catapults! Dissatisfied with the clumsy Republic govt, Sean II orders the discovery of a political system more suited to his masterful leadership (Monarchy).

1 AD; A new calender system is adopted to mark the 100th birthday of Sean II. An archer unit is commissioned in Allenwood, for exploration purposes.

10 AD; Monarchy dicovered and enacted, so Apolyton XI may rule absolutely, (NB, this is actually a stuff-up on my part--Skeeve please fix), though this decision might yet prove unpopular. Road network between Washington and Boston built.

20 AD) Mercenaries jion our cause (Pikemen), swayed by the majesty of our royal leadership. Northern army (read only) crushes German catapult.

30 AD) New Govt emerges. New land sighted by our coracle. NE of Allenwood.

40 AD) Sitting Bull builds Aristotles Lyceum!!! Apolyton XI is most displeased, and orders the execution of all advisors (currently alive) associated with the former leaders of Greece, in a fit of rage. Sean II had hoped Aristotle would bring his teachings (logic, meta-phycics, physics, politics etc) to Greece, so we would command a large science acvantage. His Lyceum would of been a tribute to the Great philoshpher, as well as an eternal tribute to Sean's II rule. On a happier note, the first knight is commision.

50 AD) Road between Philadelpia & Essenhiem started. Rumour has it that this is too aid the new military units to gain quick access to the front in the north.

60 AD) The new knight unit wins a skirmish to the north. A redout is started in the north so the Greek armies may move quickly to take the german ciities in the north. The rumours have proved to be true. The landmass to the NE of Allenwood, is home to the English people.

70 AD) Skirmish won around Olympia. News has reached the King personally, that a lone unit of Knights has captured Dortmund (a German city on the northern border). Sean II himself honours these heros with titles. In light of these new fighting units (Knights and catapults) Sean II orders the disbandment of the old northern force ... aganst the walls of Struttgart.

80 AD)Concrete discovered. Agricultural Revolution is now to be researched on. Another victory in a skirmish around Philadelphia.

120 AD)During an uneventful period of build-up and consolidation, the irish ask for a map exchange. They refuse our most genourous counter-offer, for an additional $1000.

140 AD) Struttgart is conquered. This confirms that this new army is perhaps the finest fighting force on the face of the planet! This secures victory in the North. We no longer have a northern border! A new eastern redout is now under construction, so our army can move quickly to the new front, now opening up on the east. Soon we will stand alone on this continent. A cival project is also started--> a transalpine roadway, to better connect Washington, Olympia and Boston. This is some time off just yet, as only two of the three tiles have been laid.

150 AD) Sean II's final act is to order the reseacrhing of theology (now that AG rev has been discovered), in the hope that his Royal Magesty may find his rightful place with the Gods. He dies before this research can be completed.

Though many thousands mourn the passing of Sean II, and his strong leadership, there is talk of reverting to a more "reasonable" form of government. After all, despite his achievments, is it wise to let another madman rule unchecked?
[This message has been edited by Sean (edited April 29, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Sean (edited April 29, 2001).]
Old April 30, 2001, 07:32   #36
Tr|x
Settler

Hi! I've just read this whole thread and am now DESPERATE to join the succession, or at the least get the savegame emailed to me!

What do I need to do to get involved? :-)

FYI, while this is (as you will notice) my first post, I'm not a CtP newbie. Info on my current savegame:
- Regular mapsize, 6 starting civs
- Japanese (Virtual Democracy)
- Circa 1940 (Generic Age, researching Gene Therapy)
- 5 remaining civs with which I have 2xAlliances and 2xPeace Treaties
- Attempting to win by diplomacy

Tr|x

Old April 30, 2001, 11:36   #37
berXpert
King

Hey Rhuarc, I think you can post your turns in order before mine if you edit the post that you make:

quote:

Originally posted by Rhuarc on 04-29-2001 08:31 AM
Hey everyone, I don't have time to post my turns right now, but hopefully within 8 hours I will get a chance to post them. I am at work, at it is a little hard to post! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Just change the message for you epic history, I think every part of the history must be covered
Old April 30, 2001, 18:10   #38
Sean
Prince

That's a good rule about posting before sending the file on Skeeve. Otherwise some 'need to know' information isn't pasted on to the next players. It might slow things up a little...unless we can reach a new level of organisation

Only 15 turns now. Wasn't I lucky to be a ruler in the cross-over period; Thus I got 20!!

Sean.
Old April 30, 2001, 18:56   #39
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

Sean,
Why did you change the government to monarchy, republic is clearly better in the most important facets of the game, also was it possible to have rush bought Aristotles Lyc before the AI?

Bloody kiwis .....
Old April 30, 2001, 19:35   #40
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
Skeeve,

i'd appreciate it if you would consider including me in the next game, or even if you are thinking of running two games parallel.....

I think it is a great idea so thumbs up to whoever thought of it. Been very entertaining reading so far, can't wait to see what happens next!

My email is : david.archibald@btinternet.com

Cheers
Old April 30, 2001, 20:15   #41
berXpert
King

VivalaCTP2

Maybe he wanted to set a bigger war, but at the end he was alone in the continent so that's why at the end he try to fix it with theocracy
[This message has been edited by berXpert (edited April 30, 2001).]
Old April 30, 2001, 20:17   #42
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
A HISTORY OF THE REIGN OF SKEEVE II, APOLYTON XII
  • 150AD - After the death of Sean II, talk of forming the Greek Empire into a mighty republic gains strength. However, a lost ancestor of Skeeve, Apolyton's 2nd ruler, comes forward with a claim to the throne! He has no interest in forming a Republic, and he quickly "eliminates" his opponents who do. After firmly establishing his right to rule, Skeeve II's first order of business is to conduct a great survey of the empire. The survey reveals that our empire is quite weak militarily, and is lagging behind in science. On the plus side, we have the best economy in the known world.

Skeeve II, then lowers wages, increases work hours, and cuts rations in an effort to compete with the world. Excess farmers are removed and put to work in other more productive areas. Scientists are taken off their "Theology" project and put to work on something more militarily beneficial: Alchemy.

Meanwhile, a small army leaves Boston and heads north to meet up with a larger army heading south out of Stuttgart and makes a discovery. 2 American Hoplites are fortified inside our borders! We immediately issue an indignant request to leave our territory at once. The Americans Accept.

Greek Exploration Coracle (The G.E.C. Poisedon), decides to pull out of British territory to avoid angering them. (We met them in 60AD, during the reign of Sean II, Apolyton XI).
  • 160AD - American Hoplites have not budged from our territory, so we immediately declare war and attack with our small army from Boston consisting of some archers and samuri. The result: Victory! A complete slaughter. The American's begin referring to it as "The Boston Massacre". Meanwhile, the army from Stuttgart continues its march toward German territory.
  • 170AD - Skeeve II writes an autobiographical novel of his life and his first 20 years as Apolyton XII. (In other words, nothing of note happens)
  • 180AD - Our small army from Boston joins up with the larger army from Stuttgart to form a 12-squadron army.
  • 190AD - Good news! Greek scientists have unlocked the secret of alchemy! It turns out that you can't transmute base metals to gold, but at least we learned a lot trying!! Our next pursuit is Classical Education.
  • 200AD - A diplomat sent into German territory on a peaceful mission is brutally killed by a German Catapult! This enrages the people and they rally behind the war effort! (Skeeve lowers rations to help them focus on the war instead of eating). A few archers left over from the Boston army make a hasty and unauthorized attack on the German Catapult that killed the diplomat. They destroy it without a loss. Our mighty 12-squad army reaches the outskirts of Frankfurt - poised to strike!
    The Americans offer a cease-fire. We accept, since they have already been punished for not removing their troops.
  • 210AD - The Germans retaliate by bombarding our archer army. We lose one, and they fight back, but this time with heavy losses. The great battle of Frankfurt begins! She is well defended with Catapults, pikemen, and archers, but we prevail with the loss of only 1 samuri squad! Celebration rings throughout the land!
  • 220AD - 2 German Catapults sneak up to our isolated town of Allenwood. The Knight & Hoplite defenders make quick work of them hardly breaking a sweat. It turns out that one of the catapults was actually a mounted archer. Oh well, now he's mounted dung. Athens starts building the Forbidden City. Historical documents record that this was started by the Scots back in 60AD. The race is on. Meanwhile, our army in Frankfurt pulls out and heads toward the smaller German city of Dusseldorf.
  • 230AD - Dusseldorf Falls! She was almost as well defended as Frankfurt. We lose another Samuri, though.
  • 240AD - Once again our mighty army heads out from Dusseldorf toward Hamburg. The Scots have nearly completed the Forbidden City. Skeeve sees no way to raise the funds to rush construction, so he abandons the project and Athens starts building a Mill instead.
  • 250AD - Dusseldorf's war discontent sets them off into a riot! A pikeman is rush-bought to quell the riot with some martial law.
  • 260AD - We discover Classical Education! Now we begin work on a top secret project: Gunpowder! 2 Knights from Boston join our invasion force to replace the samuri that were lost in the battles of Frankfurt and Dusseldorf. We're back up to 12 again, and we're right outside of Hamburg!
    Meanwhile, our 2-archer army wins a tough border skirmish, but they lose another archer.
    Also, the scots build the Forbidden City! Skeeve decides that we will own that city someday.
  • 270AD - The battle of Hamburg! A tough glorious battle - even better defended than Frankfurt, but we are victorious with the loss of only 1 pikeman and 1 knight squad. Meanwhile, GEC Poisedon discovers the city of Seminole belonging to an undiscovered culture - the Native Americans.
  • 280AD - Once again our mighty army moves out and heads toward the German city of Bremen. Skeeve II is quite old now and realizes that he may not live to see the next battle. He contemplates the virtues of a Republic.
  • 290AD - Skeeve II begins delegating authority to a group of people he calls the "senate". There is peace for 2 decades.
  • 300AD - Skeeve II dies at 170 years of age. Apolyton XII's reign ends, but now the kingdom is in anarchy and the people scramble to form a Republic. A promising candidate for President is someone by the name of Phoenixcager. The people recall from history the glorious reign of Apolyton III, and wonder if he's related....
During the reign of Skeeve II, the Greek Empire increased from 12 cities to 15, A population of 946,000 to 1,274,000, and is still unchallenged economically. Militarily and scientifically they are still lagging behind. Though currently in Anarchy; the people are generally content, and some cities are experiencing an era of happiness.

Okay - Phoenix is next!!
(Sorry this was so long, I didn't know what to cut out. I guess I shouldn't have played with a notepad in my hand!)
- Skeeve

Edit: Just cleaned up a few typos & spacing
------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited April 30, 2001).]
Old April 30, 2001, 20:19   #43
Sean
Prince

VivalaCTP2,

The only reason that the governement was changed from republic, to monarchy was because berXpert hadn't yet posted his summary. Thus I assumed (wrongly...I should of checked I guess) we were still under a tyranny.

All that talk about a more fitting government for Sean II (the mad) was a cover for my stuff-up. I did say it was a mistake in my transcript. This is why I am so in favour of Skeeves new rule.

I hope that clears things up...and that we have all learned a valuable lesson...

And No, I tried to Rush bye Aristotle's Lyceum, but we were too poor

Sean.

PS, it turns out that Skeeve is keeping the Monarchy!!!
[This message has been edited by Sean (edited April 30, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Sean (edited April 30, 2001).]
Old April 30, 2001, 20:26   #44
Skeeve
Prince

Redstar: You're on the list for the next game!
Old April 30, 2001, 21:02   #45
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

No probs, Sean
Old May 1, 2001, 00:41   #46
Skeeve
Prince

Well guys, it looks like it's my turn!
I will play the file tonight.

Great job with the posts! Very entertaining reading.
Also, since there were no objections, here's the current e-mail list:

1) Sean - Kimpton@xtra.co.nz
2) Skeeve - Scanga@Aol.com
3) Phoenixcager - Phoenixcager@yahoo.com
4) Octavius III - octaviusiii@yahoo.com
5) Johnny - Jonny11788@aol.com
6) Immortal Wombat - Weaver1@tinyworld.co.uk
7) Adam - aebbeka@neb.rr.com
8) Vivala - jbnhl@hotmail.com
9) Rhuarc - Wendell777@hotmail.com
10) Berxpert@yahoo.com

Note to Tr|x:
Please post your e-mail address, and I'll put you on the list for the next game. (I'm keeping track of this privately)

RULES UPDATE
  • Since we are now past the year 1AD.. all turns are limited to 15.
    When it gets to the year 1500 AD, turns will be down to 10.
  • Also, let's make it a rule to post your summary first before passing on the file.
- Skeeve

------------------
Old May 1, 2001, 05:04   #47
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Wooohooo!

Cheers Skeeve
Old May 1, 2001, 07:19   #48
Skeeve
Prince

Redstar - I forgot to ask; could you post your e-mail address or send it to me at Scanga@AOL.COM? It needs to be an address where you can receive the game file.
Old May 1, 2001, 10:46   #49
berXpert
King

If it was my mistake sorry then, but I didn't post 'coz Rhuarc wanted more time, I wait the 8 hours he need and post then. Next time I'll post first, sorry again
Old May 1, 2001, 14:55   #50
redstar1
Prince

Skeeve,

I posted it in the one at the top but its:

david.archibald@btinternet.com

Dave
Old May 1, 2001, 15:36   #51
David Murray
Prince

Do you have room for another player in a future game?

This looks quite interesting...if so, please email me david@windygates.com

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2001, 16:39   #52
Skeeve
Prince

Redstar: Sorry about that! I didn't read carefully.
David: I read yours more carefully, and your are also on the list for the next game!

Edit: Since I don't want to waste space with another message, I'll just use this edit to update the rest of the gang:

I sent the file to Phoenixcager yesterday. I think I forgot to note the time, but as of this message about 20 hours have gone by. According to the rules he has another 52 hours before the file may be sent to the next player, who I believe is Octavius.
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 01, 2001).]
Old May 1, 2001, 21:46   #53
phoenixcager

Sorry, I should have made a post to say that I've received the file. I played a few turns, but haven't finished the 20. I'll try and get that done ASAP.

Old May 1, 2001, 23:56   #54
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

Phoenix,

Remember the RULES, you only get 15 turns from now on, NOT 20
Old May 2, 2001, 00:42   #55
phoenixcager

Thanks for the reminder. I'd completely forgotten
I'll play my 15 turns ASAP then.

------------------
phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
Visit the CGN forums.

Old May 2, 2001, 04:27   #56
redstar1
Prince

Not sure what you guys playing the succession game do at the minute but I think it would be a good idea to send the save game along with a txt file for the commentary. This way the next player could add to the commentary before sending the game on and posting. This means the next player gets to see what has been done by the players before him, plus its an incentive to write the commentary after playing the turn. Not always possible of course, I realise that but I just thought I'd swing the idea this way.

Dave
Old May 2, 2001, 07:14   #57
Skeeve
Prince

Not a bad idea there Redstar.
I think we'll leave that up to the individuals rather than making it a rule, but that's a worthwhile suggestion.
It's also a way of making sure the file doesn't go before the summary.

Phoenix: Have fun with our rapidly expanding empire!
Edit: Man is is thread getting long or what!?
------------------
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 02, 2001).]
Old May 2, 2001, 17:04   #58
David Murray
Prince

Skeeve:

Thank you. Perhaps a little added sense of fun to CTP2 might make it worth all that money after all...
Old May 2, 2001, 17:18   #59
Mokael
Chieftain

Skeeve,

just wanna remind ya, that I'm still interested in the next game ...

Anyhow, I wonder if anybody in the line of Apolytons will make glorious Greeks into Fascist state ...

Old May 2, 2001, 19:53   #60
Skeeve
Prince

I figured it would probably be a good idea to post a list of the newcomers:
  • 1) tedwright@email.msn.com
  • 2) Mokael - Mokael@aol.com
  • 3) TR|X - mikemcgowan@btinternet.com
  • 4) Redstar1 - david.archibald@btinternet.com
  • 5) David Murray - david@windygates.com
That means we have 15 players for the next game, assuming the original 10 want to play again.
We might actually have 16 because Smellymummy wanted to be in it, but I misplaced his e-mail address.

I hope to get the 2nd game started well before Memorial day. (Sorry, May 28th for those of you outside the U.S... which I think is actually most of you! Dang Ethnocentricity! Hey.. at least my wife is Taiwanese, so I'm not all that ethnocentric, after all. Okay I digress...)

Anyway, this succession game is really a blast.

- Skeeve

------------------