Old January 25, 2000, 23:00   #1
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 23:29
Local Date: October 30, 2010
WLTCD in OCC, help please.
Due to a poor choice of techs and Ai's researching seemingly at random, in an OCC game I got Republic before Monarchy.
At the time is was size 6. I had a temple so I immediately wacked up lux to build the city up to size 8 until construction.
But... nothing happened. I checked all the usual things, 50% or more citizens happy and I should have got WLTCD, but I didn't. Any ideas why? I'm probably missing something obvious (one thing I am missing is my manual). Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what is wrong with actually aiming for repub before mon? It is only 1 tech extra and (in theory) you can grow your city up real nice.

Incidentally I have an interesting sav of this game at 4000BC. You start near a whale, fish and pheasant, and a grassland square on river which can mined for silk. However, you must build on hills. I was having great fun until WLTCD didn't work, when I stopped out of great annoyance (after trying to figure out what I did wrong).

Graag

------------------
You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face
Old January 26, 2000, 00:52   #2
don Don

You can't grow unless you have at least one extra food. I've made that goof before: "Hmmm, I've been in WLTPD for three turns now… Doh!"

There should be no other reason why you would not grow as Rep/Dem in WLTPD at size 6 with at least 50% happy and no unhappy.

Old January 26, 2000, 05:49   #3
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 23:29
Thanks many times, I had completely forgotten. Must start looking at that city screen.

Graag

------------------
You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face

[This message has been edited by Graag (edited January 26, 2000).]
Old January 26, 2000, 14:27   #4
Sten Sture
Emperor

Local Time: 15:29
I have done a few HG and early republic games, but it still needs some tweeking because I can't get HG built and then Colossus before some prowling AI builds it. Any success I had with it was dependant on a NONE military. It is hard to get past pop 6 without an unhappy citizen, especially if you use the Rep path to skip Burial. All-in-all I don't think I can make it work...