Old December 2, 2000, 18:42   #1
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Organizing what we want and where we are...
This thread is just to figure out what we all want as for mods and who's doing what (not that doubling up isn't a good thing) and how to make some changes..

Like for me the most important things to get are the basics... getting scenarios to be able to start as any of the civs not just player1, I've checked and checked and changed and CRASHED but I can't find the key. I know that in CTP v1.2 they said they fixed the who to start as in saved games... but I don't know where... anyone care to enlighten me so I can get back to playing, building and editing?

What else to we want?

Omni
Old December 3, 2000, 21:20   #2
DS612
Settler

Local Time: 09:42
well to most important thing to me is a good ww2 and cold war senario. im sure youve played some of the civ2 senarios, i think there great if it were possible to make some like thoese it would be cool with all new units to fit the time.
Old December 4, 2000, 17:30   #3
Mog Dug
Settler

I'm starting work on a mod based on poul Anderson's "Orion shall rise"

I'd like to do a warhammer 40k mod, too.

did anyone here play my Fenris scenario for Civ2? It was space wolves vs the tyranids.
Old December 4, 2000, 18:50   #4
Savant
Warlord

My Mod wishlist:

1. One big mega-mod ala Wes and Company's for CTP1 that can better emulate realistic settings like Celestial Dawns classic effort. This would be a "default" scenario for playing those games that span 4000bc-2400AD.

2. A Crusader scenario including the mediterranean basin with medieval/renaissance units and approrpriate time lines to slow technology development. This might have several new units for different cultures. Include the Franks, Byzantines, Papacy, Holy Roman Empire, Venice, and several Islamic forces. I can help with the research on this.

3. A 1900 Scenario that involves the major world powers at that time, including America, China, and Japan. This would be on the eve of WWI and the dispositions of the civilizations would reflect this. This scenario could be intended to be played throughout the 20th century.

4. An Ancient Warfare Scenario involving the classic civilizations in the med basin and SW Asia. The current Alexander Map is perfectly suitable for this. But I'd like to see some added units like war elephants and the like!

OK, that's a start. I'd be happy to help anyone intending to work on any of these. At the least, I can cheer you on and then play the game!

------------------
'Blood will run'
Old December 4, 2000, 19:12   #5
Mog Dug
Settler

I loved the Jules Verne Mod from one of the Civ 2 CD's (fantastic worlds, I think)

I'd help work on a jules verne mod.

or any mod that someone needed some units for.
http://www.geocities.com/headbiter/home.html

here's samples of my stuff.
Old December 4, 2000, 21:59   #6
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:42
Well, I think most everyone knows what I am doing mod-wise. We are working on some really neat slic triggers which could revolutionize some aspects of the game, as well as correcting errors and improving aspects of the current game.

To make a scenario which produces random maps, pull the default and english folders out of the scen0000 folder, and place them beside it. This may be different than what OG was referring to, but it's useful info nonetheless.

Hey, Doc, have you played the Alexander scenario? It has War Elephants!

The game also comes with a Nuclear Detente scenario, and Activision is going to release the WWII scenario online soon, since they weren't able to get ready in time for the initial release.

Maps of various parts of the world are already coming out, so hopefully there will be historical scenarios in the months to come. Harlan has already shown the potential they have in Ctp2.
Btw, Harlan may be releasing an expanded version of his scenario here sometime in the future. I don't know how he could expand it any more, but...
Old December 5, 2000, 00:48   #7
Savant
Warlord

I've been busy attacking the Persians in the Alexander scenario but haven't come across the "independent tribes" of India yet. Thanks for the tip Wes.

I thought Darius was a lot tougher as a unit than he should have been! That large Persian army group in Syria sure slowed me down. And man, that army group just north of Issus took a bit of maneuvering to expose on the battlefield!

Liking this a lot as I get more used to the interface. Sure I'll like it a lot more as scenarios come around.

Do you think the SLIC triggers for different civ units is doable? That would be sweet! Hey, you ought to do a little studying sometime, huh?

------------------
'Blood will run'