Old December 9, 2000, 02:22   #1
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Rising Sun Map
#2 Map

China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Mongolia on a gigantic map - place your own settlers - or ask me to do so.

email at
hexagonia@yahoo.com
if you want a copy
Old December 9, 2000, 20:29   #2
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Nice map my friend... what's the going to be next? Painting is fun isn't it... bmp2ctp2 seems to take the fun out of mapmaking... why do you restrict yourself to smaller maps? You have great detail but the area is relatively restricted.... I also didn't check to see if the map was set as flat... is it?

Omni
Old December 9, 2000, 23:18   #3
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Thanks Rick!

When I assembled this map, I accidentally had the userprofile.txt paramenters for a wrapped world. But opening the editor and setting the x/y coordinates off will set the map as flat, although you may have to do some touchup on the edges.

As for the size, I generally like to work in gigantic, as the details can be greater. I realize that there are only 5 civs who can play that side of the world too. (Japanese, Thai, Mongol, Chinese, Korean) I may go ahead and add the Phillipines and break out the Chinese in the civ list, based on historical Dynasties, though it will take a little research.

I've already added the Nubians and the Hittites to my lists so I can use 10-11 civs for the 'Cradle' map. Generally, I like playing close to the parameters of the game in terms of numbers of civs - especially since I do not have a screamer of a computer (though I am probably going to upgrade to 128Mg RAM after Christmas)

One of the other reasons for the size was to give Japan a lot of room to grow on their island. I am hoping to plug this map into MedMod2, and am hoping that there will be an increased naval emphasis in MedMod2 (BTW, MedMod1 was a huge step in the right direction, so I have hope), to make playing Japan more of a challenge. One way to play this map will be to give some advantages to the mainland civs in the editor too.

And I would like to set up a scenario based on my maps, but have not had too much success in getting the editor to do what I want yet.