Old December 10, 2000, 16:41   #1
Alpha Wolf
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI city placement
I've been real annoyed at how the AI seems to plop cities into areas that realistically would never be settled. I noticed that each terrain and river has a score associated with it. In strategies.txt, there's a minsettlescore. I assumed that would be calculated based on the tiles immediately around the settler but when I did some adding, those cities didnt meet the min score. Does anyone know the radius around a settler to determine the "settle" score? Also in this file are priorities. For those that think pollution is out of control, I suspect you can raise the pollution threat to a higher number since I noticed that ecology based civs have a higher number on pollutionthreat. There's also values on when they wil repair dead tiles. The default seems to be to let the dead tile be there for at least 20 turns and then only repair it if they'll have lots of PW leftover. I've lowered both those numbers and will experiment to see if the AI will cleanup faster.

Hopefully this wasnt all common knowledge already.

------------------
History is written by the victor.
Old December 10, 2000, 16:49   #2
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New to me... but the info about pollution is related to the AI if I read correctly... the problem is globally, I've adjusted numbers in const.txt. I can delay the time to the messages, but can't stop it completely at least until some time in the 1800's and up... this is the part that I need fixed... as for the AI I'm glad we can make them a little cleaner

Omni