Old December 12, 2000, 00:41   #1
ckleow
Settler

Local Time: 09:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenario builder
Anyone out there knows how to create a scenario with world(earth) map and selected nations in their original starting position? Thanks!
Old December 12, 2000, 18:44   #2
phenyl
Settler

this has been done already. search in the creation forum for world maps. omni's got a good one out. if you mean choosing from all possible nations it becomes and issue cuz you cant have realisitc starting positions with more than 8 civs...

Old December 12, 2000, 19:21   #3
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:44
You can have a realist start for more than 8 civs, but the map is limited to 8 civ start via scenario start... the latest update has a start spot for all civs in the released game...

Omni- but note that my map is been criticised as being too big 210x150... if you want something smaller then another one must be made... although I was thinking about going bigger to keep the proportions more real... since I forgot the 2:1 ratio... another project maybe
[This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited December 12, 2000).]
Old December 12, 2000, 19:31   #4
phenyl
Settler

so omni, whats the work around for the 32+ starting positions? and where bouts in canada are you?

Old December 12, 2000, 19:35   #5
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:44
Starting positions are one thing... but you can't start 32 players... setting the locations is easy just by using nation placement.. nothing too difficult or revolutionary... this limits you to no settlers but when the game starts you're given the typical 1... as for starting with cities and such... haven't worked around that one yet... maybe someday soon... maybe after a patch or two Anyway, I'm from near Niagara Falls.... on the Canadian side... but am away for school.... my roommate here is from north of vancouver... back to work..

Omni
Old December 12, 2000, 20:08   #6
phenyl
Settler

omni- so the full list of civs cant be supported? the max number of civs supported is 32, right?

it seems like that would be a good option to include when adding/changing civs. ie, having realistic starting areas and goods, etc.

it seems that you would have to package the colonization rule mods with different maps of regions including starting points, etc... to make it work.. ???

btw i am playing you world map now. its good.

---------------

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN A COLONIZATION STRUGGLE SET OF MAPS/MODS BASED ON HISTORY? there are a couple of time periods i can think of that would be good. overseas stuff with naval stuff stressed...