Old December 13, 2000, 18:40   #1
BlueO
Warlord

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Help getting AI to use new strategy!!!
Okay, I'm trying to make a new type of civilisation, Amazons. I have created 6 new units, 2 new advances, and 2 new governments to go with that civilisation. I then created a new personality in the personality file.
Finally, I copy and paste the STRATEGY_ECOTOPIAN_DEFAULT in the strategy.txt and added a STRATEGY_AMAZONS_DEFAULT. Then I proceed to changed some stuffs in that section, the most important part being what governments the ai will use. I don't want other civilisations to use the Amazons Governments, since all the new units require the Amazon Governments. Thus, I'm only keeping the amazon units to the Amazon civilisation.

Here is the problem, how do I make the ai use the STRATEGY_AMAZONS_DEFAULT I created?

(I look through all the text files, and can't find anything to get the ai to use the stuffs in strategy.txt...except for personality.txt. But when I add the words 'amazons' to the discovery parameters, the game spits out an error something about amazons not a member class of discovery...)

Can anyone help me with this? Or am I stuck not being able to create new STRATEGY?
Old December 13, 2000, 18:50   #2
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:44
From what I gather... and please feel free to correct me... that you can't create any new members... I'd love to but you can't you must stay within the ones built by activision... I can't find any spot where there is a list of the members... I'm assuming it's in the exe... but a hack and a crack would fix that... but that's not legit So for now stay within the parameters, and edit the personalities so that they won't use your new strategy... see the alexander scenario for more info.. since there are 3 new personalities and i assume that strategies are used only by the personality...

Omni
Old December 13, 2000, 19:20   #3
BlueO
Warlord

Local Time: 01:44
Ah thanks. I was afraid of that. I noticed there are 5 different discovery strategies the ai use. I guess its time to remove the most peaceful strategy the ai uses and make it my own.

I had hoped to create a couple new unique civilisations with their unique units via the government types they can use without removing any strategies the ai is already using...

Oh well, I hope that maybe someone could figure out how to add a new discovery parameter without hacking the exe file.
[This message has been edited by BlueO (edited December 13, 2000).]
Old December 14, 2000, 01:58   #4
MarkG

i dont see why you cant make a new personality with new strategies.

you would set the personality in personalities.txt, assign it to a civ in civilisation.txt and create the strategies in strategies.txt....