Old January 3, 2001, 16:08   #1
Chris B
Warlord

Local Time: 04:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Battle of Marathon Scenario in the workz
I've got a working beta of a Battle of Marathon Scenario. Does this sound like a good I dea to anyone????

You can play as Athenians, Persians, Allied Greeks, or Greek Vilagers (I highly reccomend Athenians or Persians)
I used new units from the Alexander the Great Scenario. The Game takes only about 15 minutes, but its still hard.
If yor interested, let me know
-CB
Old January 3, 2001, 16:23   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:49
Of course we're interested! The more scenarios the merrier
Old January 3, 2001, 19:17   #3
Chris B
Warlord

Herez a more detailed Description:
You play on a small map that could resemble the plain of Marathon.
There are no cities, but each side starts out with a lrge number of units. The Athenians get Hoplites, archer Elite Phalanx (General Graphic from Alex) and Mounted Archers
Persia gets the Phalanxes,(I call them Persian Infantry, Elite PI (Darius, longbow Archers, Catapults, Horseme, and Heavy Cavalry (Knights for now)
There are also allied Greeks, to represent the Boetians who arrived as reinforcements. There are also scattered Warriors and hoplites to represent the Natives of the Area. Each civ has a settler that can't settle labeled HQ. You win by defeating this unit.

There are still a lot of changes I need to make before this goes public:
1) I need to figure out how to edit the victory conditions, so the Athenians don't need to defeat heir Allies to Win
2) I recently played the scenario to the tag end and conquered the persians and (just 4 fun) the allied Greeks, but they didn't show as defeated
3) Unit stats may be off, as Elite Phalanx Plow through almost anything. I obviously need to tinker some more with Armor and HP settings
4) Also in my game , the Aliied Greeks signed a Cease-Fire with Persia. Also, its impossible to get anything more than a peac treaty with the Aliies, because you have to create a city and destroy it, after which U lose.

Im just a beginner with slic, so if anyone has any solutions, please help out
-CB

[This message has been edited by Chris B (edited January 03, 2001).]
Old January 3, 2001, 23:06   #4
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:49
How did you use slic to make the HQ's targets ?
If you could mail me the slic codes it would help as i still trying to get used to it

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 5, 2001, 19:02   #5
Chris B
Warlord

Hate to tell you this, but i didn't. I just figured that since each side had 1 settler, destroying it would make them lose. But is doesn't work. I'm currently redoing it and adding cities- Athens and Marathon for Atheninians And Eritria (Already Captured) for the persians. Also, since wesw recently exposed the pics for the ctp1 hoplite as well as other units, i think i might add them

I still need help on those functions.
-CB
Old January 6, 2001, 09:52   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:49
Darkknight:
Don't worry, I'm still working on SLIC documentation myself. I hope that will turn out to be a little more readable for non-programmers (which is about 90% of the people on this forum). It'll be a few weeks before that's done though, for the moment I'm too busy actually coding SLIC for Harlan and Wes.

Chris,
Well, it looks like you need to get into SLIC. 1 and 4 will probably require SLIC to accomplish, 2 might as well but I'm not sure about that. Don't have time to look into it now, but maybe (just maybe) I'll write some example code for you next week or so if I have time.
Old January 6, 2001, 19:33   #7
Chris B
Warlord

Thanks locutus. I'll start work as soon as you put it out; right now im distracted by medmod, the new alexander, and Age of Empires II
Old January 7, 2001, 07:52   #8
MarkG

hey chris, just here to say "go do it!!"
so...

"go do it!!"

Old January 7, 2001, 21:33   #9
Chris B
Warlord

Im gald your so enthusiastic, Mark. I now have a more complete picture of whats in it. Ith map will not included just Marathon, but all of the Pellopenase (sory about speling), some of the Agean, and part of Asia Minor.
Civs:
Athenians
Eritreans
Corithians
Spartans
Thebans
Boeotians
Persians

Units Similar to New Alexander, though There will be more types of hoplites and swordsmen

One more thing. I have about a 6th grade understanding of the course of events in the battle. If you have more, let me know.
Also, does anyone know how to forge a diplomatica action w/ slic rather than the old fashioned way.
I also need a trigger so the other greek states cant make peace.
Expect to see something within 2 weeks
-CB
Old January 13, 2001, 10:49   #10
Chris B
Warlord

Sorry, people, i don't think i can continue with this project until i have a map. i tried to draw one and it sukked.
SORRY
-CB
Old January 13, 2001, 11:10   #11
MarkG

can you use the alexznder map?
if you have problems "separating" from the scenario, ask for help from Harlan
i'm sure he will have it in some raw form that you can use

Old January 14, 2001, 15:16   #12
Chris B
Warlord

It needs 2 be bigger, with more emphasis on the pellopenese, the agean, and anatolia as far as sardis.
However, theres a thread in ctp2 creation where salvius says hes working on such a map.