Old March 9, 2000, 09:33   #1
hoeks212
Settler

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Abandoning cities once more
thanks for the replies guys(or gals)
however theyre not working...

When i have a city with 1 inhabitant and i build a setler the setler isnt created until the city reaches a size of at least two.
The shields just pile up in the mean time, so
buying a setler at population (1)wont work to disband a city, atleast not for me...

The strategy of letting your cities be captured by AI's means that you lose all your hard earned technology to the enemy, the whole idea of getting rid of the cities is that i want to completely trample the civilization im at war with. giving them my technology was not what i had in mind.

Surely there must be some way to get around this serious "design flaw"...
Old March 9, 2000, 09:53   #2
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

What level are you playing at??
I have a sneaky suspicion that the game will not allow you to disband a city at 'Chieftain' and possibly not at 'Warlord' either. If you are playing at these levels you're right - you can't disband a city. However, at the higher levels you can disband any city except your first whilst it is your still your only. Hope this helps...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
Old March 9, 2000, 10:04   #3
Huey

Hm, maybe Scouse is right and it is level dependent...
What you can do is save the game before you pop a hut and reload if it's an advanced tribe. At least in OCC that's not considered cheating.

Old March 9, 2000, 16:46   #4
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:31
you can't disband your capital can you..... so does that mean you can crank a settler even if you only have one pop point in the city ???

there was a debate about this and somehow i missed on the clarification of it all.... always assume deity when i question as well
Old March 9, 2000, 17:03   #5
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:31
You can't disband if you only have 1 city(capitol or otherwise).And you can't disband on cheiftain level.Other than that it should work
Old March 10, 2000, 07:27   #6
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Ah - Smash the big distinction is that at chieftain it simply overfills the shield box and doesn't release your settler until the city reaches size 2 - whilst your one and only city can crank out 'unlimited' numbers of settlers without disbanding or even the food box emptying. However, the settlers are owned and supported by the city so 'unlimited' is normally only one because you quickly run out of shields and/or food for support

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor