Old January 28, 2001, 00:03   #1
heardie
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Offering My Services
I was playing the Activision scenarios and it occured to me, that we may never get any user-created ones that good. Then an idea occured to me. If we coculd split the work up...

So I am offering to do the SLIC coding, for a large project. I want it to be something special, yet I want to do the SLIc, and the units, etc if you want. What I dont want to do is the stuff most other people like, like placing cities, etc. So theres my offer. This way, maybe one-day we can see great scenarios, like the US Revolution, the Battle of Waterloo, etc. It is kind of likee Ford's idea of the assembly line, just break up the work.

So waht do you think?
Old January 28, 2001, 17:42   #2
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:51
I would be interested. Although I am not creating an actual scenario, but a mod pak. Unfortunately, I have shelved it temporarily since I have started a new semester at the university.

But I might get back into it if I can have a SLIC sidekick.
Old January 28, 2001, 23:14   #3
kormer
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:51
I'm making a modern world scenario right now. I have a little bit of slic done so far. The beta version is up over at omnigods website. I've got a lot of ideas on things that can be coded in with slic. If you know what you are doing with slic and want a lot of work email me and I'll send some of my ideas your way.
Old January 29, 2001, 01:37   #4
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:51
I'm a programmer at heart, so I'm a SLICer too. But if there's a combined project I wouldn't mind helping on the coding. I think I've finally got SLIC under control. Yesterday I only had to look at Locutus' spreadsheet once.

------------------
Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old January 29, 2001, 02:16   #5
heardie
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 01-29-2001 12:37 AM
I'm a programmer at heart, so I'm a SLICer too. But if there's a combined project I wouldn't mind helping on the coding. I think I've finally got SLIC under control. Yesterday I only had to look at Locutus' spreadsheet once.

Its getting like that inst it. I mean I havent posted a question here, for 1 week. I mean, I actuallly solved all my prooblems
Old January 29, 2001, 02:17   #6
heardie
Prince

Hey look its Christmas again ->
Old January 30, 2001, 07:29   #7
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:51
Harlan and I have been working together on the improved Alexander scenario like that for months now, it took you that long to figure out you could do this too? Personally I think we could use another SLIC programmer on our project, but I don't know what Harlan thinks of it. Would you be interested in helping us out if Harlan agrees? (Or are you already working on Kormer's scenario?)
Old January 30, 2001, 20:17   #8
heardie
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Locutus on 01-30-2001 06:29 AM
Harlan and I have been working together on the improved Alexander scenario like that for months now, it took you that long to figure out you could do this too? Personally I think we could use another SLIC programmer on our project, but I don't know what Harlan thinks of it. Would you be interested in helping us out if Harlan agrees? (Or are you already working on Kormer's scenario?)

hehe, thats funny Harlan mailed me last night, so I am ready to help you (and Kormer too!)
Old January 30, 2001, 20:33   #9
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:51
And me if you need it.

------------------
Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old January 31, 2001, 21:42   #10
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:51
Unfortunately, I have delayed my mod ideas I have compiled because I cannot yet afford a graphics program, and I have begun a new semester at St. Ambrose University.

I will let everyone know if I find time for it in the near future.