Old January 19, 2001, 21:51   #1
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It's the end of the world as we know it:)
I'm going to make a scenario with the positions as they are today.here's a list of the countries in the groups they are in feel free to make changes and NN means i need a name please help.
1 Canada
2 US - Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Puerto Rico, Hawaii
3 Mexico
4 (needname)Guatamala, El salvador, costa rica, honduras, nicaragua, panama
5 (NN)columbia, venezuala, ecuador, peru, bolivia, quyana, surinam, french guinea, dominica
6 Brazil
7 (NN)Chile, Argentina, Uraguay, paraguay
8 Nato Affiliates/Allies?? Greenland, Finland, iceland, turkey, carolina islands, papua new guinea, Sth. korea
9 Britain, British islands scattered round the place.
10 EU Ireland Spain France Italy Germany Switzerland Luxembourg Belgium Holland Denmark Czechslovakia Poland Austria Yugoslavia Hungary Romania Bulgaria Greece Med. isles Norway Sweden Portugal.
11 Eastern Europe?? White Russia Ukraine Lithuania Latvia Estonia
12 Russia - Cuba
13 Iraq - Syria
14 (NN)Iran georgia azerbaijan armenia turkmenistan kirgizia uzbeckistan tadzhikistan pakistan afghanistan
15 India - Nepal Bhutan Bangladesh Burma Thailand Sri Lanka
16 Kazackstan
17 Indonesia
18 Japan
19 Philipenes - malasia
20 Australia - New Zealand
21 Isreal
22 Saudi Arabia - Saudi Peninsula
23 China mongolia nth korea vietnam cambodia laos
24 sth africa - Namibia botswana zimbabwe zambia mozambique madagascar
25 Zaire - Rwanda Barunda
26 Kenya - tanzania Uganda somali rep.
27 Ethiopia - sudan
28 egypt
29 libya
30 (NN)Morroco algeria tunisia
31 (NN)White blob(under morroco, tiny)mauritania mali niger chad upper volta senegal
gambia cape verde islands (Guinea Bissau) Guinea Sierra leone
32 (NN)Liberia ivory coast ghanda togo benin wigeria cameroon Central African Republic Equatorial guinea gabon congo cabinda angola.

if anyone has a good world map or are willing to make an accurate one.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 19, 2001, 22:00   #2
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:52
Need map by when? and what size?
Old January 19, 2001, 22:28   #3
kormer
Chieftain

Hey I'm working on the same thing right now. Go over to omnigods website and checkout the scenarios section to d/l a beta version. Originally I was going to go allout and put as many civs as possible in the game, but I ran into some problems. Namely gameplay slows to a crawl exponentially the more civs I added. I grouped most of the civs roughly by geographic/economic ties. Right now I'm working on slic coding in events and such, so more will come later, but check it out for some ideas.

1. USA - Just the 50 states plus a few military bases
2. Canada
3. Latin America - Mexico, cuba, Haiti, and everything down to panama
4. South America - Everything except Brazil
5. Brazil
6. European Union - Europe and England
7. Russia
8. China - also N. Korea.
9. Japan - added taiwan and South Korea to them since both are very technologicly advanced.
10. Australia - Also added Tazmania, New Zealand, Port Moresby and Fiji.
11. Southeast Asia - Indonesia, Singapore, Tailand and assorted others
12. India
13. Arabian States - Saudi, Kuwait, Egypt, and everything on N Africa to morroco
14. Muslim Nations - Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan, Khazakstan
15. Zulu - south africa
16. Western African Alliance

Arabia and Muslim nations are the "good guy" "bad guy" middle east civs. An interesting idea you will want to look at is my placement of barbarian cities around the world to represent turmoil around the world.

Anyways good luck on your scenario, if you need any help ask me, chances are I've already done it and screwed it up plenty before figuring it out...
Old January 20, 2001, 20:35   #4
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

hmmm maybe 360 * 180 if possible if not then 180 * 90 world shape anyway if i could find this bmp2ctp program if it is a program i could do it myself.

I'm probably not going to use slic much as my program skills are about eqaul to a wombats.If someone would like to create a code they could tell me what they'd like to see and i'll tell them how it'll fit into the scenario.I was thinking of editing the .txt files though adding more units and obviosly changing some techs and units.It's useful having future techs i don't have to add too much more.Does anyone know if it's possible to slow the game down what .txt file to change if possible maybe down to month by month or so.and slow the tech paradigm although i could just change the amount of tech points needed for each tech but just changing the paradigm might be easier.
hmmm ideas on more units techs etc. would be appreciated.
Also someone has to tell me how to add new units as i'm a wee bit confused right now as the numbers in units.txt is different from other unit txt files like units_historic.txt and it comes up with database errors whatever i try to do.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 20, 2001, 20:56   #5
OmniGod
Prince

And your the modification editor, and you have all those questions... I'm a tad bit scared Anyways the bmp2ctp2 program has been on my site under utilities for some time now... it's a great program, as for the bmp map that came out at the same time, I'm not sure if it's included in that file. If not tell me and I'll put it up somewhere... maybe even apolyton's database.. which by the way is......... Not my job to let the cat out of the bag.

Rich
Old January 20, 2001, 22:10   #6
kormer
Chieftain

Checkout Turnlength.txt for how to edit turns to months. As for slowing down science it was easy for me. I bought the special edition activision mod creator mindreader that changes your game based on what you want it to do. Seriously though, I just made a map, placed cities, and all my research is going at like 30turns/advance for even the US and a lot more for smaller countries.
Old January 26, 2001, 20:07   #7
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Thanks kormer and I cant do everything Omni I mainly try to help other people . I download the bmp prog and figured how to work it i changed the testmap into .txt fine but when i try to change my own map it creates a .txt file but when you try to open it Notepad jams and you have to kill it??ive got the .bmp file set in 256 colours. How does CTP2 read the .txt file??
I've not had much time so i've not quite finished the map yet and haven't had time to start with the .txt files.When i've finished the map i'll place the starting positions of the civs and send it your way omni.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 26, 2001, 20:13   #8
OmniGod
Prince

Your bmp has to be converted to 8bits using the indexed colours supplied with the bmp convertor. After you have the map converted to txt you just use the editor chatwindow /importmap name.txt. That's it. Hope it's going well..

Rich
Old January 27, 2001, 23:05   #9
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

I've got it at 8bit and i've only used the colours from the palette.Most of the map is still white but surely it should at least come up as a big ice planet.
Does the size matter because I have it at 360*150 does it have to be a specific ratio? 2*1 or 1*2 or something.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 28, 2001, 14:44   #10
skorpion59
Prince

Local Time: 03:52
DarkKnight,

360x150 is not a good map size. It is not even and it is backwards.

You don't want to stray to far from the following:
26x52, 48x96, 64x128, 70x140, 80x160, 90x180, 100x200, 110x220, 120x240, 140x280, 160x320, 180x360, etc. This will produce a nice square map.

It can be quite a bit trickier when working with oblong maps and doesn't always work the way you think it would. For instance, I created a 300x150 map and it did import into CtP2 (after I figured out the corrrect map const.txt settings) but the map wrapped around itself in CtP2. Looked very weird and was totally unplayable.

Out of curiosity, what msg did the BmP2CtP2 pgm generate when it got done with the 360x150 map?

EDIT: Of course, this also all depends on what your map size refers to. It can be the BMP size, the CtP2 size, the const.txt settings or the map tiles and they are all different. For instance, a 70x140 CtP2 map is actually 70x70 tiles and square thus you should use a square 70x70 BMP file to produce it not a 70x140 BMP.

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited January 28, 2001).]
Old February 2, 2001, 22:14   #11
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

It came up with ~ file should equal 54000bytes equals 54000bytes or some such thing.Annoying that means my map is useless gromble