Old January 30, 2001, 01:47   #1
Savant
Warlord

Local Time: 04:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Info & Comments on Europe 1750 SG Scenario
In case you have problems or are curious in any way about it or want to flame me. :P

The saved game scenario "Europe 1750" (E1750) was designed to fit the default CTP2 configuration. Make a folder in the ctp\save\game subdirectory and copy the self-extracting files to that new folder. Then in CTP2 choose load game, click on the new folder, and click on the game file [sorry for any earlier confusion].

I may tool around and issue a revision if there is interest and of course will incorporate changes players suggest. I'd like to keep it at a "default" setting right now until problems with the various mods are worked out.

------------------
'Blood will run'
[This message has been edited by Savant (edited February 03, 2001).]
Old February 2, 2001, 16:06   #2
DanWor
Settler

Local Time: 09:52
I cant get it to work. When I choose load game, I just cant find Europe1750, and Im sure I have placed it in savedgames. What am I doing wrong?
Old February 2, 2001, 16:16   #3
Savant
Warlord

Hi.. Dan Wor, do this:

create a subdirectory in the CTP\Save\Games directory of CTP2. Call it Europe1750 or something like that.

Extract the Europe1750 file (it is self-extracting) and then paste it into that new subdirectory you had just created under CTP\Save\Games.

Then load CTP2 and choose load game. Y9ou should see the new directory there and then when you click on the directory the saved game file appears. Click on that and it runs.

I just downloaded a copy from the Apolyton Site myself and did just that.. step by step and it worked perfectly.

I hope it works and you enjoy it.

------------------
'Blood will run'
[This message has been edited by Savant (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old February 3, 2001, 16:13   #4
Savant
Warlord

I have completed another saved game scenario based on the Petite Europe map.

This is an "Ancient Europe" scenario with 8 CIVS circa 1000 BC - Rome, Carthage, France (Gaul), Germany (German tribes), Mongols (Huns), Greeks, Vikings, and Persians.

More details to follow. It should be available for downloading in the next few days.

------------------
'Blood will run'
Old February 4, 2001, 11:50   #5
DanWor
Settler

Local Time: 09:52
I have done exactly what you told me to do, Savant, but
somehow the game doesn't recognise the file as a savegame. It simply doesn't appear where it should, so I can't load it. I have downloaded it again, but that didn't help either. So perhaps the problem is in the game and therefore I will reinstall it and then try it again. It would be too bad if I couldn't play this scenario. Should you know what the ploblem might be, then I would like hear it.
Old February 4, 2001, 14:57   #6
Savant
Warlord

Dan - The only thing I can think of otherwise that might be a problem has to do with the fact that I made the scenario with Patch 1.1 installed. If you install CTP2 and then patch 1.1, it should be fine.

------------------
'Blood will run'