Old February 3, 2001, 07:56   #1
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 12:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Two questions for Mods - sprites & FoW
Just for fun, I am working on my own mod, to see am I really capable of creating one, and perhaps that would even add some fun here. It includes new techs, buildings, wonders and units, and here I come to the problem.
OK, I can give all the characteristics for the new unit I want to appear, but I need sprites for them. I have the tool for making sprites out of .tif files, but what I need are these .tif files. I want units like Chariots, Monopolists, Crusaders and others, so I just wonder where can I get sprites / tiffs. Is there a website with a collection of pre-set images for CtP II modmakers or something like that? I'm a very bad artist, so my attempts to draw a unit would end in something really terrible.
I am also trying to learn something about SLIC, as I'm sure that's neccessary in a mod - I have some programming habits in C++, so don't think that would be much of a trouble.
Also, I have added several Feats of Wonders to the Mod, but I'm very upset about the number of possible conditions and effects. There is
Building { Building IMPROVE_BANK Num 5 }
and for technology discovered, but I also though one can create a Feat of Wonder that triggers once a player has got a certain number of units of certain type, like this:
Unit { Unit UNIT_ABOLITIONIST Num 4 }
but these don't work. Perhaps it's possible to make an alternative for Feat of Wonder using SLIC language?
Thanks for the help.

------------------
Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
Old February 4, 2001, 23:28   #2
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:53
Before Omni starts coughing because he gets another frog in his throat, I will answer your question.

Go to Apolyton's Call to Power II website, then go to the Files section, which is where - cough, cough - Omni manages resources as well as graphics created by others.
Old February 6, 2001, 09:53   #3
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 12:53
I'm not a frog, at least not yet here. And modding CtP II isn't my main intent of life. But thanks anyway .

------------------
Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
Old February 6, 2001, 10:55   #4
MrFun
Emperor

I did not mean to say YOU were a frog - you know the saying - got a frog in your throat? when someone coughs.
Old February 6, 2001, 17:08   #5
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:53
Dunno if that translates to Latvian...
Old February 7, 2001, 10:36   #6
MrFun
Emperor

ROFL

Thanks for your intellectual thought, Immortal.