Old January 23, 2001, 16:34   #1
thanatos.tod
Settler

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Translation offer (into German)
as a matter of fact many ppls in here are not native English speakers, so I offer my services to translate the scenarios into German. So if anybody is interested, reply.
Old January 23, 2001, 18:44   #2
kormer
Chieftain

Hrmm, kinda like asking a blind man to take a vision test eh? Try posting again in german and you might get a better response.
Old January 24, 2001, 00:20   #3
jkadabomb
Warlord

Actually he wants to translate English Mods into German, not the other way around How could some1 who doesnt know english make a mod in english?
Old January 24, 2001, 12:19   #4
thanatos.tod
Settler

well kormer,if in any case u understand this "Entweder du glaubst das das hier Deutsch ist oder ich trett dir dermaßen in deine virtuellen Eier das du sie dir als Zahnfüllungen einsetzen kannst." Tell me!

Sounds logical to me jkadabomb!
Old January 24, 2001, 12:53   #5
kormer
Chieftain

Sadly it was a bad joke. If someone could understand english, then they would not need a german translation, so wouldn't it make more sense to make your post in german, for all the non-english speaking germans? Alas, I tried babelfish, but all I got was something about virtual eggs and some other non-sense, so no, I can't speak german.
Old January 24, 2001, 15:46   #6
thanatos.tod
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by kormer on 01-24-2001 11:53 AM
Sadly it was a bad joke. If someone could understand english, then they would not need a german translation, so wouldn't it make more sense to make your post in german, for all the non-english speaking germans? Alas, I tried babelfish, but all I got was something about virtual eggs and some other non-sense, so no, I can't speak german.

well, a real translation would be something like "Either u believe that I'm speaking German, or I will kick your ******** ***** ***** ****." BUT what the whole thing is about,is that I offered to translate some scenarios into German, so that German ppls who can't speak proper English could also use them without looking every second word up in a dictionary. Also your scenarios would reach far more persons. Imagine a scen translated into German, French and Spanish---> U would cover almost 70% of all ppls languages. Everyone likes to play a game rather in his native languages than in English.

Old January 24, 2001, 16:21   #7
kormer
Chieftain

I got an email today from someone who said they are german and can't speak english well so unless that was you theres 1 person that would like a translation. My scenario won't be done for a while though so unless you want to have to be updating it every week just wait till I finish it to translate it.
Old January 24, 2001, 17:26   #8
thanatos.tod
Settler

jesus, this was just an offer to translate a scen, u behave like i want to take your girlfriend
and no, i didn't send u an email, y would i need to, it would do no benefit to me; I just offered to do some translation work, cause right now i got some spare time, and wanted to help!
Old January 25, 2001, 07:52   #9
Mephistopholes
Settler

Thanatos,
kannst Du mir mal erklären, wie das mit den virtuellen eiern und den zahnfüllungen funktionieren soll? wäre bestimmt ein interessantes gefühl beim zähneputzen.
die ganze sache könnte dann praktisch als reproduzent von zahnpaste wirken.
wirklich interessant, das müssen wir später noch einmal besprechen!

im ernst: ich würde mich bereit erklären ähnliche aufgaben, wie zB das übersetzen von szenarios zu übernehmen.
ich muss dir rechtgeben, dass die meisten deutschen, auch wenn sie dem englischen mächtig sind, eine deutsche version (,der im entstehen begriffenen szenarien) bevorzugen würden.

for the persons, who aren´t able to understand it:
i offered Thanatos my assistence for translating scenarios into german, because of the fact that many people would prefer to play (for example kormer´s) scenario in their native language.

Old January 25, 2001, 11:56   #10
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:54
all I know is that scenario = szenarien. It's sad you'd think that learning 10 years of French would let me know a little more about German or Italian or something... but alas no...

Rich - this is useless post, I know
Old January 25, 2001, 12:29   #11
Alatriste
Settler

It´s a good thing.

I can offer a translation of Spanish too, if someone would
Old January 25, 2001, 14:09   #12
chrisis
Settler

Local Time: 10:54
quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 01-25-2001 10:56 AM
all I know is that scenario = szenarien. It's sad you'd think that learning 10 years of French would let me know a little more about German or Italian or something... but alas no...

Rich - this is useless post, I know

Just wanna note that English is much more related with German than with French... (both are germanic languages while French is (as Italian) a romanic language). I speak all three languages (more or less) so I probably know what I talk about.

btw: this was also a useless post

Old January 25, 2001, 14:17   #13
chrisis
Settler

I wanted to note that some time ago I added Austrians to the list of civilizations in CTP1 and some days ago I've redone it for CTP2 (with 30 cities). Both are for the german version (so the str_loc.txt is also changed). If somebody is interested, just write and maybe I'll put all files into a zip-pack.

Now the same in German:
Ich wollte nur mal kurz anmerken, daß ich vor einiger Zeit die Österreicher zur Liste der verfügbaren Zivilisationen getan habe und vor einigen Zeiten hab ich das Ganze dann so gemacht, daß es auch für CTP2 funktioniert (Ich hab übrigens 30 Städte dazugetan...). Insbesondere die str_loc.txt habe ich auch geändert, so daß auch die Anreden stimmen :-). Falls wer Interesse hat soll er/sie was schreiben und ich werde, falls es sich mal ausgeht, das ganze in eine zip-datei packen.
Old January 26, 2001, 14:26   #14
thanatos.tod
Settler

well, (most) of the posts seem to be positive, well perhaps we could get s.th. like an "internatinal team" doing translations for the scenarios! I, personally, believe this would make quite some people enjoy the scenarios ways more. So if anyone is interested post here so that we can get a list together. Seems like we already got a lot of germ(an)s here.

So leuts, ich übersetze hier mal nix, da ihr wenn ihr in diesem forum postet sowieso English könnt. Danke für die Rückendeckung Andre!
Old January 27, 2001, 00:10   #15
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:54
It would be great if you guys wanted to translate the Med mod into other languages. When the beta comes out, players will have to be able to read and understand the readmes and charts or else they will not know what is happening.
I will try and have the readmes in good shape for the beta release, so you would not be wasting your time if you translated them. When you get the translations done, send them to me, and I will post them on my webpage.
Old January 27, 2001, 07:49   #16
Mephistopholes
Settler

I think this "international team" is a great idea.
I´m willing to be in this team.
I want to help thanatos for translations into German.
WesW´s proposal to translate the MedMod is also a good thing.
Yes, I think we can do this.
Old January 27, 2001, 23:01   #17
thanatos.tod
Settler

ok. if dale aggrees we wil soon have a German diplomod version 3.0 (already translated)
Old January 28, 2001, 18:03   #18
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:54
Cool with me. Means more audience, bigger head for me.

Actually, firstly I wrote the readmes in Strain (that's Australian for the uncultured ) but had to translate it to english. If anyone wants to translate readme's/msgs or whatever, go right ahead.

------------------
Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old January 29, 2001, 12:52   #19
Alatriste
Settler

Well

German now is cover. I offer the translation into spanish and french for this international team.

But it will be interesting to make a list of the scenarios that will be translate it. (not a lot of).

thanks.
Old January 30, 2001, 12:56   #20
thanatos.tod
Settler

ok then...so if a scenario programmer wants us to translate he/she should post us an aggrement, or better send us his files for translation....
Then we'll put up a list and start translating. So u scen/mod freaks POST!!! ))
Old January 30, 2001, 19:12   #21
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:54
Okay, I'm sure the diplomacy mod will need to be translated. With the crappy normal diplomacy I think everyone's installing the mod. Once it's translated send me the files and I'll include it in V3.2. There won't be any 'changes' as such, just a little cleanup and a few more 'catch' routines. My email is on the bottom of the readme so it ain't hard to find.

------------------
Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old January 30, 2001, 20:32   #22
heardie
Prince

Local Time: 20:54
quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 01-28-2001 05:03 PM

Actually, firstly I wrote the readmes in Strain (that's Australian for the uncultured ) but had to translate it to english. If anyone wants to translate readme's/msgs or whatever, go right ahead.

Strain is a great language!
heardie
Melbourne, Stralia'
Old January 31, 2001, 10:31   #23
Gwap
Chieftain

Ay wu'd offer ta translate inta Dutch, but then agin' the Dutch ha' a neduccation system

So, i' ye cannae read this, gi'us a shout!

------------------
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Old January 31, 2001, 14:15   #24
thanatos.tod
Settler

Ok, just sent the new German translation for Diplomod V3.1 to Dale. How about the spanish and french ones?
Old January 31, 2001, 21:44   #25
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:54
quote:

Originally posted by Gwap on 01-31-2001 09:31 AM
Ay wu'd offer ta translate inta Dutch, but then agin' the Dutch ha' a neduccation system

So, i' ye cannae read this, gi'us a shout!

Groot gelijk, Gwap! Wij spreken onze talen tenminste Je kunt Schots of scheef praten, ik versta je nog

(Rough) Translation:
Right on, Gwap! At least we speek or languages No matter what language you speak, I can understand you
Old February 1, 2001, 07:00   #26
Gwap
Chieftain

Ik doe ook vloams klappe!

And we all speak Phlegmish too

------------------
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Old February 7, 2001, 05:45   #27
thanatos.tod
Settler

so,well?
Old February 9, 2001, 07:56   #28
Fredric Drum
Warlord

You guys want a translation into Norwegian? If so, I'm your man. But I guess the market for that is a bit small...?

Fred
Old February 9, 2001, 18:07   #29
thanatos.tod
Settler

crap....do it for your country, for pride and honor,etc.....well since we do it for free, there is nothing u need to worry about