Old February 6, 2001, 21:29   #1
XMon
Warlord

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anyone want to write some SLIC?
I have no knowledge of SLIC or of any type of programming beyond the BASIC I learned 20 years ago. I'm trying to pick up a little here and there but it may be a lost cause. Anyway...it may seem presumptuous to ask for someone else to write code BUT I think that this may be fairly simple and something others might use. I was thinking of a piece of code where a city that's been captured by barbarians would, after "x" amount of turns, either 1) form a new civ, 2) revert back to their old civ or 3) join the nearest civ (which could be the same as #2).

Since AI civs aren't real good about recapturing cities lost to barbarians, I thought this might be an alternative. I'm going to spend some time looking at those goals and strategies texts to see if we can get the AI to make a concerted effort to retake captured cities esp in light of what Wes is learning from Azamel. I still think the SLIC would be cool anyway!

Stupid question: a piece of code such as that...would it just be pasted into the scenario.slc file??
Old February 11, 2001, 01:37   #2
XMon
Warlord

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well...if no one wants to write the code...could you at least tell me if it's possible in SLIC?? Pretty please...