Old February 7, 2001, 06:12   #1
thanatos.tod
Settler

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Crusades Scenario
well, since ya'll seem to be ridden by a "I create my own scenario"-wombat, Mephistopholes and me are (trying) to build one, too. Well, we picked the crusades, since it seems (to me) like a pretty interesting periode. Well, any help would certainly be appreciated .
Omnigod would u be so kind to create us a map, of the mediterrainian (****...how u spell that?).

I guess we'll take the time between 1090 till 1250.

))
Old February 7, 2001, 10:40   #2
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:54
Cool - another early Christmas gift.

I mean, Christmas is ONLY 11 months away - better get ready for early Christmas shopping, huh?

This scenario idea sounds interesting - looking forward to it.
Old February 8, 2001, 01:08   #3
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Give me dimensions for the map, and what you'd like to contain either by long/lat or landmarks. I should be able to do it in about an hour or so, if you get the info to me soon I'll have it created for tonight after clinic. The other thing is that it will be based on the map Harlan created/had and therefore you may want to edit some of the terrains to fit the scenario a little better. Awaiting your order
Old February 9, 2001, 18:15   #4
thanatos.tod
Settler

well, tx...geez u americans need to slow down somewhat...take it easy ...anway, we thought about a map ranging from Constantinopel (Byzanz) at 28°E 42°N (northwest) to Basra at 50°E 29°N (southeast)?!
Old February 9, 2001, 18:37   #5
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

AMERICAN?????? I don't think that I want to do the map anymore. Okay, I still will but I would like to point out that while I'm in the US for now, I AM CANADIAN... have been, will always be. Okay now that's outta my system I'm going to create your map and since you didn't specify map size I'm going to make a 210x210 which should meet the needs of most players. Will email the map to you in awhile.
[This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited February 09, 2001).]
Old February 11, 2001, 16:21   #6
kormer
Chieftain

How is your scenario going to be setup? I see 2 possible ways of doing it:

1. Start out with cities in Europe/Middle east, set certain nations at war and maybe program in some slic events for certain things. This would be similar to the alexander scenario

2. Model it after the samuri scenario. Start off in england with King Richard and a lot of troops. Have him travel through Europe and eventually to the middle east gaining troops along the way, and culminating with a great battle in the desert.
Old February 11, 2001, 18:13   #7
MrFun
Emperor

Actually Omni, Canadians, Americans, and Mexicans are all North Americans if you refer to what continent they live on.

But then, we Americans of the United States seem to have had an inflated ego to use the word American for our nationality.

Maybe we should start calling ourselves United Statians?
Old February 11, 2001, 19:57   #8
Mephistopholes
Settler

Kormer,
We want to do it similar to your second way. We are using OmniGodīs new map (Thanx) of the MidEast.
The scenario starts at the end of the 11th century, in the time of the real first crusade. The crusaders(Europeans - English, Frensh, ...) have only a few cities: Constantinople and other Byzantine cities. But they have many troops arriving on the coast of the "promised land", on Cyprus and in Byzanz. They have the task to achieve special aims in a defined time ( of course slic-programmed). For example the crusaders have to occupy Jerusalem until 1099(like in reality). Then they will get new troops, arriving in Byzanz or in the west of the map. The Muslime with their leader Saladin are stronger regarding to military fields, but in the beginning they are weakened because of inner quarrels. . . .
We want to create circa 20 new units and new advances, buildings, and wonders.
The new units are partially familiar from Age Of Empires2.
The first version would be only from the crusader-angle. But later we want to make a version for the fans of Saladin, too.
We will create the scenario bilingual, therefore in German and in English.

I have to excuse my bad school-english.

PS: If you have any suggestions for the scenario, please post it here, or send a private message to thanatos or to me.
Old February 13, 2001, 12:26   #9
kormer
Chieftain

Sounds really good so far, can't wait to see what you guys do with it.