Old February 17, 2001, 18:34   #1
XMon
Warlord

Local Time: 04:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question for Dale...
I saw somewhere on these forums that you were talking with a couple guys (Locutus and Harlan maybe?) about a different way of writing withdraw slic to retain veteran status and other attributes of units moved. Has this been finished and uploaded anywhere?
Old February 17, 2001, 23:07   #2
XMon
Warlord

Another question for Dale...does withdraw.slc work with more than 8 civs? I'm playing a game right now and it's not working. I installed withdraw.slc in Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata and added #include "withdraw.slc" at the bottom of script.slc. I started a new game (my own mod) with 14 civs and the Spanish had a no trespass agreement with me. They moved a Hoplite into my lands and I demanded they withdraw even tho we already had a treaty. They agreed and yet the unit continued to wander my territory. I waited 8 turns, no change. Only things I could think of is that perhaps it's a problem with number of civs or that maybe I need to put withdraw.slc and script.slc in my scenario folder as well as in the default folder. Any ideas? Btw, my mod has no fancy slic or anything...just Mr Ogre's PW stuff and I changed unit, advance, wonder, tile values. Nothing that should conflict.
Old February 18, 2001, 01:23   #3
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

If you've just installed the withdraw.slc you may not have installed it correctly. Did you edit the script.slc with the following line?

#include "withdraw.slc"

and place the withdraw.slc in the ctp2_data/default/gamedata folder. This is in the readme and is imperative for you to do if you want it to run properly. I've played a few games on 8+ civs and the script seems to work for me... it actually caught me off guard one day
Old February 18, 2001, 02:08   #4
XMon
Warlord

Ya mon...I did all of dat. But it still did no work. Maybe I'll put those files in my scenario directory as well and start a new game just to be sure. Where's Dale...out on walkabout??
Old February 18, 2001, 04:10   #5
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:55
Xmon, you should always start a new game when you add new slic code. The slic code is saved with the game, so an old game will not use the new slic.
Old February 18, 2001, 14:26   #6
XMon
Warlord

I did install the slic mod before I started the game! But if it works for you guys...then I did something wrong. It'll get figured out eventually...
Old February 18, 2001, 16:35   #7
habitualuser
Settler

Local Time: 09:55
I've noticed the same thing... at first I thought it was because I had an Alliance and still had an old Demand they Withdraw w/ a country...

But then it happened w/ another country who I was at peace with. Started another new game, samething. They make the 'POP' sound and get the Icon over them but they stay. This was on a new 12 Country game.

A little off-topic, but the demand to withdraw doesn't go away when you make an Alliance. Does Alliance work like in Civ2 where ZOC is no longer enforced and I can enter their Cities? Maybe that could be fixed w/ DiploMod?

Old February 19, 2001, 21:09   #8
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:55
Go to the directory and open withdraw.slc in notepad. Take note of the version number. If it is 1.0 (as I suspect from your symptomes) then download the withdraw mod from the database (no need to download the entire diplomacy mod again) and copy the withdraw.slc over the old one. Version 1.1 fixed a logic error where units weren't being expelled due to a typo, and in some instances caused a desktop crash. There were a couple of other changes too.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old February 19, 2001, 22:18   #9
XMon
Warlord

No Dale...it's v1.1. With naval units it's working fine. It appears though that they lose their cargo...but that's OK with me...g%!&$* trespassers! I'm not sure about land units. I *may* have, upon discovering them in my borders, demanded a withdrawal agreement...which *may* have given them another five turns before expulsion. I may have done this repeatedly. It bears more investigation. How about that new SLIC version you wuz exploring as I mentioned above? Anything come of it? Thanks Dale.
Old February 20, 2001, 00:20   #10
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:55
quote:

Originally posted by XMon on 02-19-2001 09:18 PM
No Dale...it's v1.1. With naval units it's working fine. It appears though that they lose their cargo...but that's OK with me...g%!&$* trespassers! I'm not sure about land units. I *may* have, upon discovering them in my borders, demanded a withdrawal agreement...which *may* have given them another five turns before expulsion. I may have done this repeatedly. It bears more investigation. How about that new SLIC version you wuz exploring as I mentioned above? Anything come of it? Thanks Dale.

Yes, re-requesting a withdrawal will reset the counter giving them another 5 turns. BTW, thanks for the bug with boats. I'd never even thought about that situation. I suppose now that includes aircraft that can carry units as well. Hmmm..... had an interesting thought. The script won't expel civilians, so if an AI has a cargo helicopter with a settler in it, the helicopter will be expelled and the settler won't. I should probably have the script give those settlers parachutes eh? With boat cargo, what you'll find is that the units on the troop ship will be getting processed, but it can't find a valid terrain square (land) that it starts on and disbands the unit. Will have to put a catch in for this one.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."