Old February 23, 2001, 00:09   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Feedback for Wes on Mod
Wes,

Been playing with your Mod for a few nights. A couple of notes of feedback. For the record, I'm playing a medium level game.

First problem - after I saved the first time, I'm getting a dialog that sez "In Object MM2_TryMilitary, variable MM2_TryMilitary# tmploc and noname of different types." It comes up about 0-3 times per game turn, and drops me to desktop, even through I can come right back in. Very frustrating.

I'm noticing that cities grow a lot slower (good) but also dont stop for the aquiduct at 8. I have a city that is now ten (I think its got two slaves). Still, its growing right along with the rest. I was really looking forward to being forced to build a 'duct.

There still seems to be no population/polution effects early on. That 10 city still requires no shrine, no theater, and no arena to keep it happy. Given the slow speed that cities grow, it seems like this will still never be a factor.

I'm rather left in confusion. Are the population effects (via polution) coming in through a later version? It dosn't seem to be in place here. Same goes with the population halts. I know I'm getting SOME of the new changes, since I see harbors and easier to build trade routes.

So close! If I could get the population effects in the game, I'd be a happy man.

Still, keep up the good work!

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old February 24, 2001, 01:46   #2
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:55
Blue, the Readmes I posted last week are for the beta. Many of the things they detail are not included in the Alpha you are currently playing.

Anyway, I am going ahead and try and put the mod together this weekend. I spent last night making the uniticon. I had hoped to use Gedrin's updated Chop sheet to do this, but he didn't get it back to me today, so I am going to try and use the files I made with the old chop, and do the best I can.

I still have some pics I am waiting for from Harlan, and Paul needs to make the modpicker, but these will be in by the time I have the texts ready, along with Dale's new verison of the Diplomod.

In any case, I am forging ahead, and I am going to get the beta up in the next week regardless.
Old February 24, 2001, 02:05   #3
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
Wes,

That would be great. I'm really enjoying playing with you new mods. I'll probably stick with the traditional units, so I hope the domestic version remains pretty much as is. Really, the thing I'm looking for is population limitations due to size. That would really throw some interest into the game.

Just a note (and maybe others can confirm it) - I havent seen the computer build any coracles in a while. Not for two games, at least. Please note that I have coracles (i.e. catamarans) in both transport and offensive lists in UnitBuildList.txt

------------------
Bluevoss-