Old March 6, 2001, 04:12   #31
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
All I can say is "WEIRD!". I'm playing the Asia-Pacific version with 1.11 patch installed. I don't get that error msg. Maybe it's a problem between localised versions. I'll put in the ID tags again and repost to Omni. I apologise for this, but I quite simply didn't know.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 6, 2001, 15:45   #32
dennis_caver
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:57
Thanks guys,

I didn't know this combo was included in that advance - money
issue previously discussed. I did read the V3.2 text but I have not
even downloaded the V3.3. I'm playing my first game with the mods
on the big map.

Spelelunk forever,

Dennis
Old March 6, 2001, 19:45   #33
habitualuser
Settler

Hi, I'm getting the same problem as Metheglyn... I get a message for each of the other civs turn saying 'In Object DIP_MainRoutine, function _ConsiderNewProposal: Wrong number of arguments'

So i did i search of both version of DiploMod.scl (3.2 and 3.3) and just like Metheglyn said, v3.2 is passing 8 arugments, and v3.3 is only passing 5... I take it the last 3 are supposed to be optional?

Well, I'm playing the US v1.11.
Old March 6, 2001, 20:27   #34
Dale
Emperor

Campers:
I've emailed the fixed mod (putting the ID tags in again) to Omni and Wes (the Med Mod version). But I don't know if they got it since we have email probs with attachments at work and had to send it from my old hotmail account. I looked into it at home last night and found that yes, with my combo of Asia-Pacific and patch 1.11 the three ID tags seem to be optional. Since the Asia-Pacific local version was the last made, maybe the tags were made optional. No one will know unless Activision tells us eh?

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 6, 2001, 21:46   #35
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:57
It's posted and replaces the second file in the diplomod download.
Old March 6, 2001, 22:58   #36
preacherman
Chieftain

Dale I don't know what I did wrong, open diplomod to cpt 2 file made changes required. when opening game crashes to desktop with about 20 slc error codes most can't find files. Did I put it in wrong place?

Must of been bad download, reloaded game and downloaded from anothewr site and it worked ok.
[This message has been edited by preacherman (edited March 07, 2001).]
Old March 6, 2001, 23:10   #37
Dale
Emperor

Preacherman:
Try the new one that Omni just put up. It fixes a prob where you would get about that many "not enough arguements" errors.

------------------
Old March 7, 2001, 00:53   #38
Metheglyn
Settler

Dale,

The new version is giving error messages complaining about the *type* of arguments in ConsiderNewProposal. If I comment out the following lines, it works fine:

if(DIP_request == 7) {
for(DIP_tmpvalue2 = 1; DIP_tmpvalue2 < DIP_NumOfPlayers; DIP_tmpvalue2 = DIP_tmpvalue2 + 1) {
if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0]) {
ConsiderNewProposal(player[0], player[1], DIP_requestpriority, 7, DIP_tmpvalue2, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS);
}
}
}
if(DIP_request == 8) {
for(DIP_tmpvalue2 = 1; DIP_tmpvalue2 < DIP_NumOfPlayers; DIP_tmpvalue2 = DIP_tmpvalue2 + 1) {
if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0]) {
ConsiderNewProposal(player[0], player[1], DIP_requestpriority, 8, DIP_tmpvalue2, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS);
}
}
}

Am I the only one having this problem?

Metheglyn
Old March 7, 2001, 23:49   #39
Dale
Emperor

Okay, a bit of logical thought required here. I don't get the error msg at all, so I can't even recreate the error above. I tried.

ConsiderNewProposal requires these elements:
Originator - player[0]
Receiver - player[1]
Priority - DIP_requestpriority
Request number - 7/8
Arguement - DIP_tmpvalue2
Three sets of text (optional with my setup for some reason) - ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS

Request number 7 & 8 are OFFER_BREAK_AGREEMENT and REQUEST_BREAK_AGREEMENT.
The arguement required by these proposals is THIRD_PARTY which is the integar value of the player to break the agreements with. What I'm asking is:
player[0] requests/offers to player[1] to break agreements with DIP_tmpvalue2.

DIP_tmpvalue2 starts at 1 (human player) and proceeds upwards to the last player number. DIP_tmpvalue2 is checked to see that it is NOT the same as the requesting nation. Thirdly, the ConsiderNewProposal is made.

Can anyone see the problem? Cuz as the tree said to the lumberjack, "I'm stumped!"

------------------
Old March 8, 2001, 03:26   #40
Zanzin
Prince

Erm, well, just to complicate matters well and truly, I'm in Sydney and have the Asia Pacific version, and I'm getting the same problem as everyone else when trying to get to the next turn!! Arrghhhhh!!! (And, yes, I've got 1.11 installed)

This is all kinda funny I guess.

Well, actually, it isn't.

Its just really really weird!!!
Old March 8, 2001, 09:09   #41
preacherman
Chieftain

I am haveing same problem as metheglyn. It happens first time you hit end turn in game. Mod played fine by itself. only after I installed med mod did problem show up.
Old March 9, 2001, 01:12   #42
emckinley
Settler

Hi all,

Yes, I just installed the DiploMod 3.3 and am running CTP2 1.11 -- and I cant get past one turn without that error message.

Something is a bit amiss. I hope this helps you to know that there are probably a good many of us having this... and hopefully you can isolate the issue and fix. For now I probably have to go back to the lame default diplomacy.. means reinstalling (ick..)

Thanks!

------------------
Elliott McKinley
Composer
http://www.mp3.com/emckinley
Old March 9, 2001, 03:01   #43
ssoszka
Settler

I have to report that I am getting the following Slic errors: C:\program files\activision\call to power 2\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\MM2_diplomod.slc151: Array index 23 out of bounds.... index 23 thru 28 are also acting up as well. I am using MM2. You know I am not sure what folder I should have but the dip mod in. Please advise
Old March 9, 2001, 04:23   #44
Dale
Emperor

Okay guys, how's it going? Okay, down to business.

Firstly, I'd like some feedback as to whether the following errors are only isolated in Med Mod, the non-Med Mod version, or both. This will help in debuging because I can go to the specifics.

Here is my configuration:
Win2000 Pro, DirectX 8, P3 666, 128 RAM, installed "FULL" to E: (ahhh the beauty of a 40GB HDD). I'm running Asia-Pacific with patch 1.11.

I get none of these crash errors, and can't even re-create them on my setup.

If anyone is in Melbourne getting these errors, maybe we could work something out.

1. DIP_MainRoutine, function _ConsiderNewProposal: Wrong Type of Argument

- Open diplomod.slc in notepad and scroll down till you find the following. Then comment these lines out (put // in front):
Code:
// if(DIP_request == 7) {
//      for(DIP_tmpvalue2 = 1; DIP_tmpvalue2 < DIP_NumOfPlayers; DIP_tmpvalue2 = DIP_tmpvalue2 + 1) {
//		if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0]) {
//			ConsiderNewProposal(player[0], player[1], DIP_requestpriority, 7, DIP_tmpvalue2, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS);
//		}
//	}
// }
// if(DIP_request == 8) {
//	for(DIP_tmpvalue2 = 1; DIP_tmpvalue2 < DIP_NumOfPlayers; DIP_tmpvalue2 = DIP_tmpvalue2 + 1) {
//		if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0]) {
//			ConsiderNewProposal(player[0], player[1], DIP_requestpriority, 8, DIP_tmpvalue2, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS);
//		}
//	}
// }
- This will allow you to avoid the "Wrong type of arguement" errors.

2. mm2_diplomod.slc:151:Array index 13 out of bounds (or other various numbers).
- This refers to a "for" loop which cycles through each civ in the game and checks to see if an embassy re-create is required. Try changing the code to this:
Code:
///////////////////////////////////
// Check embassy routine
///////////////////////////////////

HandleEvent(BeginTurn) 'DIP_EmbassyCheck' pre {
	int_t civ;
	int_t civ3;
        civ3 = 0;
	civ = player[0];
	for(civ3; civ3 < DIP_NumOfPlayers; civ3 = civ3 + 1) {
		if((AtWarWith(civ, civ3)) && DIP_hasemb[(DIP_NumOfPlayers * civ) + civ3] == 1) {
			DIP_hasemb[(DIP_NumOfPlayers * civ) + civ3] = 0;
			DIP_hademb[(DIP_NumOfPlayers * civ) + civ3] = 1;
		}
		if(DIP_hasemb[(DIP_NumOfPlayers * civ) + civ3] == 0 && DIP_hademb[(DIP_NumOfPlayers * civ) + civ3] == 1 && !(AtWarWith(civ, civ3))) {
			DIP_EstablishEmbassyFunc(civ3);
		}
	}
}
Well, this is pretty much all I can think of right now to help you guys. Remember, I need to know if the V3.3 non-Med Mod version is creating these errors as well?

Also, is anyone having problems using scenarios with diplomod? I've had a report of errors relating to DIPLOMACY_AI_AI not in DiplomacyDB.

------------------
Old March 9, 2001, 04:54   #45
Dale
Emperor

Another thing you could try is this:

Code:
if(DIP_request == 7) {
		if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0] && DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[1]) {
			ConsiderNewProposal(player[0], player[1], DIP_requestpriority, 7, DIP_tmpvalue2, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS);
		}
	}
}
if(DIP_request == 8) {
		if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0] && DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[1]) {
			ConsiderNewProposal(player[0], player[1], DIP_requestpriority, 8, DIP_tmpvalue2, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS);
		}
	}
}
Only the two lines "if(DIP_tmpvalue2 !=......." have changed in this attempt.

Just remember though, you'll just need to bare with me as I experiment, and will need help from you guys to fix these. Thanks for ya support though.

Just a curious question here, but is there anyone like me who's NOT having a problem with V3.3?

------------------
Old March 9, 2001, 07:14   #46
alley_cat
Chieftain

You know what really surprises me about CTP2 (forgive me if anyone already said that) that you can add to your mod? Everytime I, for example, ask someone to attack someone he either ACCEPT or REJECT. Never has a reason such as "I hate your people so much! Why the hell do you think I will help you you pathetic creature!" :-|)
This could really spice up the diplomacy if there were things like this for the discussions and not only when I ask somebody's map and he replays by asking my map too.
Please read this...
Old March 9, 2001, 09:46   #47
Zanzin
Prince

Dale,

The new code for the diplomacy main routine seems to work..i.e. no more "wrong argument" errors.

When replacing the embassy code, however, MM2 won't even start up - it reverts back to the desktop and tells me it's having a syntax error.

btw - these errors seem to be exclusive to MM2. Diplomod v3.3 runs fine in normal games.

-Tim Olorenshaw
Old March 9, 2001, 11:41   #48
preacherman
Chieftain

Dale, only have a minute this moring, 3.3 seem to work fine without MM2 it was after I installed MM2 that I got the error messages. I did get sentex errors when I tride to download your patch from wes' web site,with MM2 installed.
I had 3.3 installed and added MM2 over it, that was when I got wrong type of argument message. uninstall compleat game started over and got same message. You ask for setup info,where can I find it?

can they do anything about the width of this string? real pain having to scroll back and forth.
[This message has been edited by preacherman (edited March 09, 2001).]
Old March 9, 2001, 12:37   #49
emckinley
Settler

Hi all,

Dale -- I am getting the "Wrong Type of Argument" message and I do NOT have the MM2 mod installed. Just a plain CTP2 version 1.11 with your DiploMod 3.3 applied.

North American version (I'm in New York state) - PIII at 600MHZ and 384MB Ram.

Hope that helps. I havent tried to remove the code as the workaround yet. I will try later and let you all know if it works for me.

Thanks!
Elliott
Old March 9, 2001, 19:35   #50
Bluevoss
Prince

Okay, for my "out of bounds" problem...

Running 233 Mhz, on a 48meg machine. DirectX 7. 12 meg video card. Installed full to directory D.

Further, the game I play is Medium level, 5 races, Medium size.

Uh... Music on?

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old March 9, 2001, 21:07   #51
emckinley
Settler

Hi again,

Well Removing the codes for 7 and 8 (as Dale suggested in one thread) seemed to have cleared up the problem. So now I can play again! Thanks ... but hopefully the solution doesnt really affect the overall improvement in the DiploMod.

Cheers,
Elliott
Old March 9, 2001, 22:13   #52
preacherman
Chieftain

I am running a Celeran mmx 535 190 ram dirx 8 windows 98 second edition.I have had no more problem with deplomacy after I rmoved 7 & 8
Old March 10, 2001, 05:01   #53
ssoszka
Settler

Dale,

Well, I tried the code you suggested now I get an error "MM_Diplomod.slc incorrect sytax: 153" this happens as I am loading up the game.. haven't even made it to the main screen. What's up?
Old March 11, 2001, 11:45   #54
Bluevoss
Prince

Has there been ANY advance on the deplomod yet? I'm dead in the water right now.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old March 11, 2001, 15:37   #55
Milkweed
Settler

Hi, fellow CtPers

I believe I have a solution to the array out of bounds errors. Around line 70 in MM2_Diplomod.slc, you will find an event handler called "DIP_BeginGame". After the line:

DIP_turns = 0;

add the lines:

DIP_hasemb[DIP_NumOfPlayers*DIP_NumOfPlayers] = 0;
DIP_hademb[DIP_NumOfPlayers*DIP_NumOfPlayers] = 0;

The problem may go away

Make sure you include the semicolons at the end of each line.

[This message has been edited by Milkweed (edited March 11, 2001).]
Old March 12, 2001, 00:25   #56
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:57
I have not had any problem with the Diplomod until now.
I had out-commented it to see if it was causing the glitch in the Med pack (it wasn't), but when I in-commented it, I started getting the array index errors. I used modswapper to go to the original game, and then back to the med mod, but I still got the errors.
Why would I start getting them now?
Old March 12, 2001, 02:11   #57
Milkweed
Settler

I may have discovered the reason why the errors appear for some of us and not for others. While I was experimenting with various settings of "DebugSLIC" in ..\ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt, I found that the SLIC errors disappeared when I set it to 'No'. Just what I wanted
When I set it back to 'Yes', the SLIC errors did NOT return!
After going through much trouble to reinstall the program, the patch, and the mod, make copies of all the files, and repeat all my actions, I managed to replicate the problem. When I compared the two versions of userprofile.txt, they were exactly the same!!!

However I found that if I delete ..\ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt, CtP2 will recreate it; and the SLIC errors return! Therefore, I suggest that everyone delete that file and see what happens!
[This message has been edited by Milkweed (edited March 12, 2001).]
Old March 12, 2001, 04:41   #58
Mal the magnificient
Settler

Milkweed's suggestion works for me. I was having the same problem as many others (i.e. Crashing at end of turn one, Out of bounds errors and then the syntax errors with Dale's modification to the "Check Embassy" code).

Only made this one change and put the "Check Embassy" code back to the original setting and the game is now working. Had to stop - something about having to go to work.

One thing is puzzling me though is at turn two after setting up both cities, I have only just started building my first warrior when, out of nowhere, some invisible Mayan noble has established an embassy. Methinks this might be a little bit too active or are other civilisations starting the game with several existing units (playing level - medium).
Old March 12, 2001, 23:03   #59
Dale
Emperor

Well, it's good to hear there's a solution.

On the weekend I spent hours trying out various things to recreate the problems you guys have mentioned. I couldn't recreate the problems. So yesterday I went through and disabled the break agreements proposals and comment-out the re-creating of embassies code. I called this V3.4. It looks like I don't need to do this.

So let me get this straight:
1. Add to the "BeginGame" routine.
DIP_hasemb[DIP_NumOfPlayers*DIP_NumOfPlayers] = 0;
DIP_hademb[DIP_NumOfPlayers*DIP_NumOfPlayers] = 0;
2. Leave the "Check Embassy" code as per original.
3. Delete userprofile.txt and let CTP2 recreate it.

This will elliminate the errors? I need confirmation so I can put it into the readme.txt file.

------------------
Old March 13, 2001, 01:20   #60
Milkweed
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 03-12-2001 10:03 PM

3. Delete userprofile.txt and let CTP2 recreate it.

No, this won't eliminate the errors. It may make the SLIC errors visable to anyone who hasn't been seeing them.

I'm assuming that when I set debugSLIC to 'no' in userprofile.txt that the errors still occur, but CtP2 won't report them to me. What baffles me is that, when I reset debugSLIC to 'yes', why aren't the SLIC errors reported?

Some flag in some file (not userprofile.txt!) must get set when debugSLIC is set to 'no', but doesn't get reset when debugSLIC is subsequently changed. I'm guessing that when CtP sees userprofile.txt is not there, it goes through some initialization process that properly sets this mysterious flag.

The change in step 1 handles the "array out of bounds" problem. The "Wrong type of argument" error still exists. Of course, your earlier suggestion of commenting out the logic for DIPrequests 7 and 8 does eliminate this error.